300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coast Guard Investigative Service

Has anyone applied to the recent CGIS gl/ 9-12 civilian agent positions, if so have you heard anything? Also does anyone have insight into the agency, such as work atmosphere, caseload, etc?
    Last edited by Mike01; 04-28-2020, 07:58 PM.

Was posted on USAjobs from the 4/21-4/30 Announcement 20-1872-HQ-RF-D for Miami. And haven't heard anything, but expect it to take a few weeks.

Comment

• Mike01
      Mike01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I applied for the Anchorage and Miami announcements. Got a “not within reach” notice for the Anchorage spot and I’m expecting the same for the Miami one.

I noticed CGIS ran the same announcement for both spots but for lateral 1811’s. Any RUMINT as to why they did both?

• Grey De Leon
      Grey De Leon commented
      Editing a comment
      I know the previous agent who was a CGIS in Miami, and they've had a few go to other Agencies recently. So assuming they are leaving it open to public, but most CGIS are prior Coasties. Not a requirement but something they take into consideration.

• RJflyer
      RJflyer commented
      Editing a comment
      As an "off the street" applicant, I've been referred for every CGIS posting that has come out in the last year. I have never been invited to interview. I don't mean to come across as jaded or disgruntled, but I think (pure speculation) they are looking for current 1811s or folks who are already known to them. I could be wrong, but I would encourage all applicants to manage their expectations with any agency.

I had a friend that worked there. It’s good or bad depending on the location. Miami is run n gun I’ve been told.

Comment

I received notification today that I was ineligible "outside the area of consideration." I'm a current federal employee, have applied to many fed jobs and I've never seen this rating. Anyone else receive this? This was for the status announcement, haven't heard anything on the open to the public.

Comment

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted...

Did anyone apply to the May posting in Corpus Christi, and if you did, have you heard anything? I've been sitting at "received" for a month now.

Comment

• Mike01
        Mike01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I did. Same boat, haven’t heard anything. I’ve gotten “not within reach” on the last three job announcements, so I’m not expecting much.

I got the referred email earlier this evening
      US Army Veteran
      The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Never got an email, but on my USAJOBS profile it just changed to not referred. I'm not sure what "you were not within reach to be considered" means, but that's all I've got to work with.

• darkhorse6
        darkhorse6 commented
        Editing a comment
        No clue... the mystical ways of federal hiring at work yet again.

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        This article cleared some of my confusion up: https://federalnewsnetwork.com/comme...y-rating-work/

My guess is I scored high enough that I potentially could've been referred, but since I'm still active-duty and don't have a disability rating yet, vets with disability ratings were able to push me down the list, far enough down that I wasn't referred.

• darkhorse6
        darkhorse6 commented
        Editing a comment
        That makes sense

parkscout93 I also got the “not within reach” rating. My understanding is other applicants, which qualify at the 11/12/13, got referred, so they didn’t look at the lower graded applicants.

Comment

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mike01 I don't think that's it. I put in for 9/11/12. On the Monster application, it says my application wasn't reviewed by HR since only applicants in higher quality categories were reviewed/referred. So that must mean my answers to the questions didn't rate high enough, or at least didn't rate high enough after 5 and 10-point preference veterans got their preference added.

• darkhorse6
        darkhorse6 commented
        Editing a comment
        I imagine vet preference runs the show on this one.

I’m a stepped out GL8, and I got best qualified.
      US Army Veteran
      The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

Where are yall seeing the rating? I got referred but haven't seen anything else.

Comment

Check your application status in USAJobs for the announcement. It will tell you there.
          US Army Veteran

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6464 users online. 377 members and 6087 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X