X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dk_wsmg
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2020

Originally posted by nonotnow
    Current recruiters have stated you do not need any LE experience to apply and get pushed through. At my info session, out of 100 people, only 20 or so of us had LE experience. So you're fine. Apply and as long as you're invited to the MAC, they've combed over your resume and deem you worth of going through the process.
    Appreciate the response, nonotnow. It's getting exciting when I think about applying. Now it's just tuning out others' opinions and sticking to the grind. Thanks again. Hope you are well.

Comment

• ArthurMorgan
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2018

my bi was completed last wed, and sent back to dea/doj...what happens now?

Comment

• amb1424
        amb1424 commented
        Editing a comment
        Who told you it was complete? My recruiter told me today that is the only thing I’m waiting for

• ArthurMorgan
        ArthurMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        I called OPM/DCIA
    • littlemoose
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2020

New poster. I’ve been moving through the process and just had my panel last week. Was told I passed immediately after - curious how long it took to receive the COL via email following passing the panel? Good rapport with my recruiter but don’t want to be too eager and follow up too prematurely...
      Last edited by littlemoose; 09-30-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you finished the MAC yet? Pt test and written? Once you finish all 3 steps you can get a COL the same day or up to a couple weeks.

• littlemoose
        littlemoose commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks - sounds like there’s no standard timeline unfortunately! I didn’t do the MAC, but completed all steps as one-offs due to COVID.

• Squall
        Squall commented
        Editing a comment
        I did all of the steps individually rather than the MAC route and I received my COL about a month after I passed the PT.
    • TXFL1987
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2012

Hello. I know I ask this question once a month and I do not want to email my recruiter except as a last resort ( do not want to come off as a pest). I am a 2019-2 applicant. My e-QIP was submitted in December / Jan of 2020. However, OPM stated they have not received any e-QIP requests on my behalf. I have not heard from my recruiter and have not moved along in the process since the submission of my e-QIP in the above-listed timeframe. I have tried reaching out to the individual who sent the e-QIP. Voice mail every time. The polygraph was scheduled for July but canceled due to a spike in COVID-19 cases in my state. I do not want to phone the individual in charge of polygraphs. Again, do not want to come off as a pest. I am just stuck and wondering if now is the appropriate time to email my recruiter? July 2019, was my year into the process.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        If someone's stating they didn't receive something, I'd hit up who I need to hit up. Its not pestering if they're expecting you to complete something.
    • CajunLEO
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2013

Well, today was suppose to be the closing of the job posting 2020, but I just checked and it has been extended to the end of the year?

any clue why?

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Where do you see the job posting? My guess is they didn't get enough qualified applicants

• CajunLEO
        CajunLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        DEA.gov they have it buried into the special agent section and you have to click a link

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh cool found it.
    • InsideScoop
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2020

Hate to ask this question but maybe someone can answer it. Is adderall (unprescribed) considered an illegal drug? I know that is illegal, but adderall isn’t illegal. Wondering if it would have to be 10 years prior to the opening of the application date for dea?

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        They specifically state any prescription drug taken within the guidelines of how its prescribed then you're fine. If you took any Rx drug that wasn't prescribed to you thats like doing any other illegal drug and youll have to disclose it. Im unsure on their guidelines for what's DQ and whats not.

• CajunLEO
        CajunLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. It is illegal
    • InsideScoop
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2020

Thank you guys. It was over 10 years ago but not 10 years prior to the date of job posting. I’ll have to wait for the next posting to give it a try.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't get discouraged. They will need agents for the foreseeable future.
    • CajunLEO
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2013

Anyone have insight on a tattoo policy?

Comment

• preacherman
        preacherman commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t there is one besides hands and face/neck most likely. Pictures on their websites show SA’s tatted up

• StephLova
        StephLova commented
        Editing a comment
        I have neck and hand tattoos. I am on the DEA task force and im done with the process. As long as its nothing vulgar, your good. Good luck.
    • jorgemal1030
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2019

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm new to the process and I'm not familiar with the abbreviations used in this forum. For instance
      what is COL?

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Conditional offer letter. Basically states hey we like you and think we wanna hire you. But you still gotta pass some more steps and its not guaranteed.
    • preacherman
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2019

Anyone from 2019-2 still waiting? It’s been silent for me since June when I took the poly. No BI interview yet. Is this normal? Called OPM/DOD and they only have my BI from 2016.

Comment

• amb1424
        amb1424 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am finished with the process. My BI was complete in May but has not been received by the DEA my recruiter said. Not sure why. I am just waiting to go to hiring panel.

• Epicthrower
        Epicthrower commented
        Editing a comment
        They haven't even started my BI. Still waiting on everything post COL.
    • decleator
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2018

Has anyone who gotten a final offer recently been offered Florida as a duty location?

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Usually from what I've heard, Florida is extremely popular and isn't offered to new agents much. Hell the SE in general is popular.
    • nonotnow
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2008

For those that have taken the PT post covid,for push ups do they put a fist under your chest or just watch you?

Comment

• Cgreen
        Cgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah they did. Took my pt test a couple weeks ago, and they put their fists under your chest for everyone right when you start. Luckily I passed, but I was the only one in my group who passed.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys I appreciate the info.

• Epicthrower
        Epicthrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Recruiter was very stingy when it came to my push ups. I would hit 90 degrees and they wouldn't count it. I have longer arms so I have more room to travel. Had to get into the habit of just hovering over the ground for my push-ups to count. It's funny though cause i would watch the next guy and his push-ups were clearly not as low as mine. Just depends on the mood of whoever is testing you I guess.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely agree epicthrower
    • NYC1175
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2020

I know you have to submit an application package to the division recruiting email. Did ya'll email the recruiter and ask for an occupational questionnaire before sending your resume? Or did you send your resume first?

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Sent resume and transcripts, and drug questionnaire initially if my memory serves correctly.
    • SushiLover
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2020

I submitted my application 2 months ago and received an email about a month ago letting me know my name is on a list for an upcoming PT test. When they call me, how soon can I expect the test to be administered? I've been training but I don't want to risk injuring myself if they are going to call me and say, "your PT test is in two months". In your experience, what was the time frame?

Also, for anyone who's taken the PT test, is it possible to score 0 or -2 points on the sprint (52.5 and over), but still pass the PFT having scored over 12pts? or do you have to get 1pt in every event? The Basic Agent Training Guide is conflicting on that information. Thanks!

Comment

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        I talked to a couple of guys out of the academy and they said they like for you to go into the academy scoring at least 20pts, because your scores will drop for push ups and sit-ups depending on the instructors. They said the one thing, they will not mess with, are the times for the runs.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        do you know how many times you're tested? I figured the first week you're there you are but wasn't sure if theres follow up ones

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        you get tested 3 times while there from what I was told if I recall correctly.

greatness33 See I can understand them taking points off for incorrect form. Unfortunately I'm cynical and it seems like they prefer 20 because one proctor magically sees you do 1 sit up even though you went all the way up 4 times. This is by no means saying you shouldn't be in shape, but it seems like you're at the mercy of the subjectivity gods to some degree.
        Last edited by Levithane; 10-07-2020, 06:34 PM. Reason: Added content.

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        nonotnow, yeah said around 3 times and the first one is when you arrive at the academy the first day and
        Levithane that's true, they said some instructors are just mean for no reason and tend to take reps off of push ups and sit ups.
    • nonotnow
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2008

Look at the bottom of the chart.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Epicthrower
        Epicthrower commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm no Olympic sprinter, but its possible to get the higher scores. Started out at 47.8 then dropped it down to 43.2 seconds on my last PT test. Don't get discouraged just keep working hard. Biggest advice i can give you during the sprint is just keep running and don't stop if you feel yourself slowing down run harder. This of course is on top of working out and practicing if you have the chance.
        Last edited by Epicthrower; 10-05-2020, 07:48 PM.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Theres a lot of factors that come into play with the sprint. I ran mine in like 48 seconds on the second try, first time I failed it at 54 seconds IIRC. Went to my gym, got evaluated and put on a regime, implemented it and it helped me pass the second time.

First time I ran mine I had to jump over a soccer ball that got kicked into the track lanes, I didn't switch to lane one to have a shorter distance, I stayed in lane 2 the entire time which netted me 54 seconds. The both times I did the PT test we had civilians spread around the track too. 2nd time I took it the distance was measured, as the track itself was apparently longer than 300 meters. You need to be in shape to do it, but you also have to be smart about how you do the 300m sprint.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Running over a soccer ball? Why doesn't that surprise me. When I wss practicing sprints I knocked a kid over at the track in lane 1, thats a 100k job im running for! Shouldn't be hanging in the lanes kid.

Our proctors measured out 300m for both lane 1 and 2 so we didn't get shafted.

So tip I learned and excited to use on the sprint, might not be new to anyone. Run on thr balls of your feet not your heels. Looked up a couple articles and all the Olympic sprinters do it. Probably common sense but im hoping to knick off a second or two by switching.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean generally every time I have gone to the track near me, there is constantly lack of basic track courtesy. IE if you aren't doing runs, or high intensity work outs, then you should stay on the outer perimeter of the track. I make sure to do that whenever I go to the one near me I only use the inner lanes if I'm running.

The 2nd PT I had there was on more than 1 occasion where I noticed people in the inner lanes (1,2, and 3) and they would be walking in almost perfect unison. So in order to combat that you would have to cut into 4, 5 or 6 to go around them, then get back into lane 1 to have a passing time. Mind you this all took place in the morning, I was genuinely shocked how many people weren't working and were just at the public track.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19154 users online. 45 members and 19109 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...