Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e-Qip was sent to me earlier today. Based on the recent responses to this thread, it seems like things are moving again.

Comment

• Krisown123
      Krisown123 commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you submit your COL forms ?? I have been waiting for my e-qip still ....

• Bzinger321
      Bzinger321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Took 5 months to get my EQIP after my COL. Be patient.

• Squall
      Squall commented
      Editing a comment
      Sent my COL forms in January. Be patient, but there is no harm in reaching out to your recruiter and/or HQ every now and then either.

Anyone on here supposed to have their poly done before COVID and hear back recently to reschedule?

Comment

• Eyeten117
      Eyeten117 commented
      Editing a comment
      Scheduled for March and rescheduled and took it last week.

Good evening all. I want to encourage everyone who is in the process, an active agent or those who are taking steps to getting involved with the DEA. During this quarantine, I've draw courage from the phrases "99% of the time you can recover from pain" and "One way or another, consistency will be rewarded". I've been running consistently for 6 weeks and dropped 10 pounds. This is a great time for honing your craft and honoring the Administration with preparing yourself the best way possible. Shout-out to everyone who is not slipping into mediocrity during this quarantine. For those who are slacking, change comes with every morning. Hope this message finds you all well.

Comment

• WannabeAgent
      WannabeAgent commented
      Editing a comment
      Good job, way to go on the motivation.
      Last edited by WannabeAgent; 06-16-2020, 11:20 AM.

Anyone applying out of California? If so, any movement on your guys' application?

Current Status: Completed everything. Just waiting to retake psych interview.

Comment

• amb1424
      amb1424 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied through Detroit office. I need to complete psych and psych interview, haven’t heard anything from recruiter.

• Henry Roy
      Henry Roy commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to redo those as well. It was kind of up to the psychologist. The one in FL was willing to do the interview via video conference, so I redid the personality tests with the local office finished up with the psychologist via video. Process took 2-3 weeks-ish.

Ask your recruiter if that is an option in your area. As the COVID restrictions start to loosen, more people will hopefully be willing to get back to work.

That was my experience.

HQ is working on some updates from you, to make final determination. It could be faster if they recommend you now, or they can decide to wait for Full Background to be completed. We should know in the coming weeks. If they required full background, then it will be a longer wait. Make sure to keep training.

was told that by my recruiter yesterday...so i guess progress

Comment

• Bzinger321
      Bzinger321 commented
      Editing a comment
      ArthurMorgan what offices were open when they sent you the duty preferences??

• ArthurMorgan
      ArthurMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      that i do not remember, sorry

• ghambone
      ghambone commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never had a true recruiter to talk to. Everyone says they talk to their recruiter. A bit confused.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      ghambone YMMV on recruiters. The one at my FO is responsive and on top of her game. In comparison my friend in another state generally never heard a word from the one at his.

Just scheduled my PTT for Wednesday. Things are moving supposedly. I'm crossing over from USBP

Comment

• Shinbet
      Shinbet commented
      Editing a comment
      PTT is the PT1 or PT2(Before heading to academy)?

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Which office is this out of? I've been told PTTs are on hold until headquarters says otherwise.

• Eyeten117
      Eyeten117 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also a PA crossing over. Good luck to ya

• FederalHopeful
      FederalHopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      This is San Diego. Had to wear a mask when not exercising and all that hoopla but everything went smoothly. Quite a few people failed. This is PTT 1

I’m about to take the Physical fitness test sometime soon but have not been given any details about the event day. I’ve been through the written test and know the expected standard but have a small question for the fitness test. What is the dress code and what are the basic instructions given for showing up to the Fitness test ( I am not asking for the instructions on how to do the events or the scoring)? I’ve been to the written before in the past and know the dress. I’m basically trying to figure out if it is appropriate to attend the physical fitness test with a beard...

Comment

• Bzinger321
      Bzinger321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, a beard is fine. You show up, are given the directions very clearly, and do the exercises in that order. If you have been training you will be fine.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Not anymore re locations in academy. You know before you go.

• TXFL1987
      TXFL1987 commented
      Editing a comment
      Several guys had beards during the PT and interview portions for MAC.

Well DIA is doing my background interview tomorrow morning. Any ideas after that?

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't comment on how DEA does their suitability, because Im not involved in it. Only example I could think of is if you tell them you didn't ever use weed, and then a reference gets interviewed tells the investigator you smoked weed with the reference. Just an example but that happens a lot with military backgrounds.

• ArthurMorgan
      ArthurMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Found a doc on suitability

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/fi...ons99_0610.pdf

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Im going to go out on a limb and say all of that probably isn't current, as it is dated 2010. A large number of the people Ive looked into wouldn't be eligible by some of those guidelines. IE conflicting statements about drug usage (MJ). Example SF86 asks for drug usage in the past 7 years, Drug Questionnaire asks for any time substance was used. Person discloses it on the drug questionnaire, but doesn't disclose it on SF86 since it occurred 7+years ago.

• ArthurMorgan
      ArthurMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah it was the best i could find, sadly like you said it is outdated

N/A Deleted.

Comment

Anyone have a direct contact with a FO in the NJ/NY area?I have emailed and called ,left messages, both offices to no avail. I really am trying to begin this process asap, I know it usually takes a year or two. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope. Just gotta wait for them to reach out. They're slammed.

Anyone applying from Atlanta?

Comment

I am applying out of the Atlanta FD.

Comment

Anyone out of the Chicago division and had ANY type of movement? Applied August 2019, COL received in September 2019, poly was scheduled for March 2020 but was cancelled due to COVID. Hoping to get a call soon to reschedule this poly so things can get moving again.

Comment

• amb1424
            amb1424 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not out of Chicago. But if it makes you feel any better I’m applying out of Detroit. My recruiter stated yesterday he hasn’t heard anything about starting testing back up...like poly, psych etc.

• Bzinger321
            Bzinger321 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow... I was hoping they would at least be discussing it.

• WannabeAgent
            WannabeAgent commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told a few weeks ago by my recruiter that Polys were going to start being scheduled and should be receiving an email for a July/Aug scheduling. However that was before certain states started with increasing their covid cases so...I expect that to change based on that.

Anyone news regarding academy days?

Comment

• WannabeAgent
            WannabeAgent commented
            Editing a comment
            I think they're holding off and re-assessing the covid situation. Unfortunately since it seems to be getting worse, I wouldn't expect any traction soon.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Couple people on here have mentioned an August academy but I haven't heard any other dates other than that.

The August academy is the next one. It was delayed from June to August. It could be delayed again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5973 users online. 382 members and 5591 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X