Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious as my hiring process is coming to fruition, is any info on the federal mandate regarding the COVID vaccine.

Does anybody know if you have to be vaccinated prior to the academy? I'm hoping to get into the September class, so just figuring out my timeline, if needed. I know Border Patrol has sent home trainees who weren't vaccinated, even though they had already reported to Artesia, and even ones who were close to their graduation date since that mandate came out.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      If you want the job, you should get vaccinated l. Other agencies have made unvaccinated leave FLETC without graduating. Other agencies such as mine are only scheduling vaccinated people in new classes.

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      My agency sent out an email asking who's fully vaccinated and who isn't. Only those who are fully vaccinated will begin FLETC in this upcoming class (September).

• jorgemal1030
      jorgemal1030 commented
      Editing a comment
      So FLETC is requiring that everyone is vaccinated, how can they do that since the vaccine is not even approved by the FDA?

• I emailed my recruiter because of the COVID-19 vaccine question they asked a couple of days ago. In the response to that question it was said that some agencies were sending unvaccinated applicants home from FLETC. It also said that other agencies are asking applicants to see who is vaccinated and sending only vaccinated applicants to FLETC.

according to my recruiter, under their training department the vaccination status will be requested from us but VOLUNTARY to share. The vaccination under the DEA HQ so far is not a requirement to attend training at FLETC.

if anyone else has different information from a recruiter or comes across more info, please share it.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Things can change quickly. The surest way to be eligible for FLETC is to get the vaccine.

• Spr5088
      Spr5088 commented
      Editing a comment
      DEA and Fletc are two completely different things. You don’t need a vaccine to attend DEA academy (Quantico) at this time

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      You will not attend FLETC if you're DEA. The DEA trains in Quantico; they're next door to the FBI Academy.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Annnnnnnnnd just like that the vaccine is now mandatory, as per the biden admin.

• Got the call and email for September class. Almost a two year process for me. Anyone else going to September academy?

Comment

• greatness33
      greatness33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang man congrats at least you have plenty of time to get your affairs in order. Any mention of being vaccinated or not.
      Last edited by greatness33; 08-12-2021, 04:47 PM.

• Squall
      Squall commented
      Editing a comment
      It wasn’t mentioned in the call or in the email, no.

• AJ_81
      AJ_81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Squall, I've been doing my process since Nov '19... still waiting for clearance to get adjudicated, and recruiter keeps saying, stay ready for an updated PT test, completed everything though. He is trying to get me into Sept class if all finishes up, and my buddy is gonna be in Sept class as well.... lol

• Squall
      Squall commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice...keep up on those situps. lol

• I don’t know if anyone else has been on the 2021 thread but it looks like the form for sit-ups has changed once again. Now I guess they’re having you put your arms across your chest, kind of like the FBI. You can look at the other thread and see more details.

Comment

• ElevenB33
      ElevenB33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow another change huh….wonder why that is. Wonder if it’s harder that way. Heard people were failing the pt test mainly because of the sit-ups.

• jorgemal1030
      jorgemal1030 commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw it and as they claim that the form has changed I went to the DEA website and checked their PFT guidelines. They still have the same manual that explains the form of sit-ups and push-ups and they are still the same. Makes me wonder if it really changed or not!!

• Here is the updated protocol I received. I highlighted the changes.
    Attached Files

Comment

• 2 weeks ago I did the medical part and I’m scheduled in 2 weeks for the written psych. Will I receive notification for medical clearance?
      When should I Receive the e-Qip at this point?
      thanks.

Comment

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm surprised you have not received it yet, it is normally one of the first things you do, you will receive an email with instruction on how to register.

• ElevenB33
        ElevenB33 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s different for everybody…I received my eqip 4.5 months after psych and medical. Did my psych and medical a month after receiving conditional offer.

• Mandony
        Mandony commented
        Editing a comment
        Will ask after the written psych.

• What’s up y’all! Been reading this forum for some time now and just wanted to see who else is getting in on the September 26th class? Got the call about a week or so ago. Things are definitely moving, so if you feel like you’re stagnant in the process just be patient as hard as it may be.

Comment

• ElevenB33
        ElevenB33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!! When did you start the process?

• Texas24
        Texas24 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied January of 2020.
        Pft in march.
        Radio silence because of COVID all the way until November when I did the MAC.
        March medical.
        May both psychological exams.
        June I did my poly and redid my eqip after, even after doing it in November when I got my COL.
        And now got the call about 2 weeks ago

• ElevenB33
        ElevenB33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice ! Thanks for the info and good luck at Q!

• Hey guys, new to the forum. Applied in September of 2019, been waiting on a poly for months now. Besides the final interview that’s all I need to do. Very little contact from my recruiter, says there’s nothing he can do. Wonder if others have had a similar experience. I understand this is a lengthy process but two years seems like a failing system to me.

Comment

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Overall 2 years is about the average man, there are some cases where people get on within 6 months, but generally it's 2 years, but that's with any federal agency.

• truesm93
        truesm93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang. Recruiter originally told me 8-12 months. I’m sure COVID didn’t help but that’s starting to be used as an excuse more than anything.

• Got a SR (significant response) on poly. Won't go into details, however, the question that came up I was NOT lying on and I can't see why it would even remotely show a "SR" ... I would equate this question to them asking me if I am a male (I am) and answering yes and it shows SR. Im not joking about it either. That said, anyone else get an SR and have to wait for a review? If so, whats the timeframe on a "pass, Fail or second poly".

BTW I have had a clearance for 21 years (im almost 40) 15 years a TS, 8 years with an SCI.... Been a 6c LEO for 13 years. Yet this is the way I may go down for this process... Kind of frustrating.

Comment

• ZH97
        ZH97 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did pass, at least according to my recruiter. I don't remember the exact wording of what my polygraph examiner said, but I think, at least for the interview, when they tell you that you had a "concerning" or "significant" response, it's most likely just a technique to get you to admit to things. I have mostly heard that unless they directly tell you that you failed, you are probably ok.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Meh I wasn't told anything. Wasn't told if I passed or failed, seems like it varies from office to office.

• Mountaineer18
        Mountaineer18 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took my poly 2 weeks ago and got the SR result yesterday. After 7 hours the agent said there were 2 areas of “response,” and I was in a similar scenario to yourself. However, I’ve already passed my poly for an SA position with the USSS and been cleared for suitability for my TS with CBP; so literally nothing to hide and not my first rodeo with their tricks.

But mine came back in a “non-selection” decision when they informed of the SR result. So I’m evaluating possible routes of appeal.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Wouldn't try appealing their decision. You would have to have some form of evidence showing why they're wrong and you're right. IE you would have to have evidence showing why their significant response assessment is wrong (in short physical evidence contradicting them is next to non existent). Passing the test for other agencies doesn't mean anything, because from my understanding each agency goes by their own (this has been posted on here many times).

• Did the PT recert today, hopefully I get the call for the Sept class

Comment

• lunatico86
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you do the new type of sit ups crossing your arms or the old type with arms behind the head?

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        lunatico86 I did the new standard and honestly it felt the same as the old standard.

• Two years going through the application process all thrown away because of the polygraph. I went in there honest, nervous, and excited all because it was the last thing for me to accomplish. I had nothing to hide, being a straight arrow person all my life following the rules.For everyone that has made it congrats and for those that are in the process keep the dream alive.

Comment

• CajunLEO
        CajunLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        Epic

WOW

• Epicthrower
        Epicthrower commented
        Editing a comment
        You can't go into specific questions they ask you, but the mystical polygraph in all its wisdom determined I was a criminal and was hiding information from my examiner. I didn't say anything otherwise that would indicate that. Nothing in my background as well. You can choose to believe me or not but I will to this day maintain the person I am. I put a lot of time and effort, money I didn't have, and lost opportunities for this role. Maintained a respectable lifestyle, worked public service stayed out of trouble, did everything by the book. At the very least I do plan on getting a FOIA request for the polygraph test.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Epicthrower not going to impune your character or anything like that. I'm not a polygraph examiner nor do I have knowledge of how the whole process works. The only thing I will comment on is when I was interviewing personnel for various govt jobs in the federal sector for their BI's, I was always expecting to find dings and dents in their backgrounds. Not because I think all people are bad, but because people, even good people are flawed.

So with that premise if I were to be looking into someone and they said to me "I lived a life abiding by the rules etc, and then I go and look, find contradicting information (debts, employment write ups, etc etc), then its clearly in contradiction with what they originally told me. If I was told "I'm an honest person and here's where I've screwed up here here and here", its easier to work with that than the other way. Again that's my 2 cents from doing BIs for 2 years.

• aspiring_1811
        aspiring_1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        I ended up finding out almost two years later AFTER I was hired by another agency as an 1811 and completed their training pipeline. I laughed when I saw the email as I'm staring at my badge/gun and logging into a DEA system haha

• I'm coming up on 1 year into the process in September. I finished everything except for BI but haven't heard from my recruiter since March/April. However, I just suffered a minor hamstring strain so right now I am not complaining about the lengthy process since it gives me the time I need to recover. Always good to look on the bright side.

Comment

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah man in your case it is, the best medicine for that is rest and more rest.

• Anyone else in or just begin the background phase?

Comment

• ElevenB33
        ElevenB33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Levithane try emailing whoever sent you the COL. The suitability lady who emailed me never got back to me but the lady from recruitment did they’re the ones who send out the COL paper work.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        ElevenB33 the rep who sent me the eqip link got back to me after I spoke to the unit chief. She told me they haven't gotten a copy of the report as of current. As far as HQ who sent the COL stuff its a generic email/concord notification. I've tried emailing the address I sent the COL paperwork to ask previously if they ever received my medical documentation and never got a response.

• ElevenB33
        ElevenB33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Levithane oh ok I see sounds like they’re really backed up then assuming that you did your poly recently. For my COL I had a person email me from recruitment. Guess it’s different for everybody.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        ElevenB33 I did the polygraph a little over 2 months ago.

• Post deleted. Meant to comment above
      Last edited by ElevenB33; 08-31-2021, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Just started last week, guess this is another hurry up to wait phase. Does anyone know about up coming classes?

Comment

• greatness33
          greatness33 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah next academy is at the end of sept

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3629 users online. 219 members and 3410 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X