Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know BI has been completed? Is there a number to call?

Comment

• ZH97
      ZH97 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not sure about your question, but I have completed everything except the BI up to this point (PTT, written test, panel interview, COL, e-QIP, polygraph, written psych, oral psych, medical). I was told in mid-March that my BI had been started (at that point, I had completed everything but medical). I haven't heard anything since then and none of the people I listed as references/contacts have received any calls about it either.

• Disregard this post
    Last edited by Lsane07; 06-02-2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• I have had my medical, psych, and poly as they were my last steps in the process with no clear answers of passing or failing in the last 2 months.

I also contacted my BI who advised my BG was done and sent to DCSA for adjudication, before being sent back to DEA.

So now what? Waiting? And any contact numbers for locating my status at this point?

would it be HR or another?

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        2 months isn't even long time to wait for an update on your process. Its the federal government, everything is slow. Go about your business like you never applied. The next class doesn't start until around September. They have no reason to contact approved hires 3 months out.

• Well guys, this past Friday 6/4/21 I did the written psychological evaluation. Next is the interview but I'm confused. I took the text with other 2 applicants who were done with the poly. One said it was more intense than CBP or local pd polygraph and the other said polygraph is a polygraph. What similarity to the local pd or state pd does this polygraph have? Not that I have anything to worry about but I'm curious bout what they mean about "is much more intense"

thank you

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Would strongly advise against asking questions regarding the polygraph. People who took it more than likely signed NDAs. I havent taken it yet,, but I expect to have to use a vacation day to go take it. Had to do that for the psych exam.

• jorgemal1030
        jorgemal1030 commented
        Editing a comment
        Levithane, thanks for the info. Everyone knows about the NDA's. I am not asking specifics, is just a generalized question about similarity. I was just curious that's all. I would not want to get myself or anyone in any trouble by answering a question like that.

Thanks

• Who has the HR number at HQ? Can you DM! I can’t find it!!

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Try contacting the person who sent you your eqip, and ask for a direct line to HR. You would probably have better luck going that route.

• A quick question, how soon do they let you know if you failed the psych or poly? I know that "no news is good news" just curious, if I messed up on anything, how soon after the event I get the email of "thanks but no thanks" Thank you
      Last edited by jorgemal1030; 06-16-2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Psych isn't pass or fail, its something that they review with your whole application. With the polygraph I have no idea, I took mine recently and wasn't told any results. I'd imagine if your BI starts you probably passed.

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know it's not soon, but they generally let you know if there are any issues with them, but like you said "no news is actually good news". I've completed both of them and did not hear anything and was moved on to the next step.

• How common is having to do a 2nd Polygraph? I read that happened at least once on here.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Ram_DMV Inconclusives from what I understand will result in a 2nd one. The thing about asking if you would be willing to take another one, seems like standard fare (there's other agency threads on here where people say they were asked the same thing).

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        The chance of passing following an inconclusive doesn’t seem great. Unless your physiological response changes a lot between the first and second test, will be the same (or an even worse) result. In my experience the polygraph examiner has some influence on how they read the results, but not enough to change an inconclusive to a conclusive pass.
        Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 06-22-2021, 12:25 PM.

• jaf46
        jaf46 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ram_DMV Winter_Patriot I was also told one section of my test was “inconclusive” and I of course I agreed to a second test. Has me wondering now since I was completely honest and Definitely haven’t engaged in the behavior he was asking about. Sure hope it wasn’t all a waste. It’s my last step besides the BI.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        It's tough. Some people have different physiological reactions under pressure. The polygraph can't say if you're lying, it can only tell how your body responds when asked questions that may be stress-inducing. I was inconclusive on one section also in 2006. Took it a second time and was no more successful. I'd actually never engaged in any of the activity in that section either.

• For the medical, business attire or is that not necessary?

Comment

• CajunLEO
        CajunLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        I wore dress pants and a collared shirt as your representing the agency. So I dressed above average.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Its a medical, wear clothes you are comfortable in. When I did mine I showed up in 5.11 pants, under armour boots, and a plain t shirt (i had to go to work right after). The nurses and doctors aren't making notes about your dressing habits. They are there to record your medical information. The psych on the other hand you should wear a business suit.

• Anyone know when and if you’re advised when the Background starts? I completed all steps up to the background but have had no clear indication of the background process. I completed a second poly 2 weeks ago and am scheduled for a PT refresher this week. No clear word on passing or failing anything. Thanks

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        When did you complete your first polygraph?

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        I received a phone call from the BI, when mine started as they need to confirm references and personal interview.

• Ram_DMV
        Ram_DMV commented
        Editing a comment
        Completed first poly in mid May. How soon after poly do you get notified of background investigation or get called by BI?

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ram_DMV honestly my process was different, my poly was last year and I completed my medical in May 2021 and a week later got the call from my BI.

• Just got hiring approval email!

Comment

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats mann, I know it's been a long journey, did they tell what class you'll be in.

• Squall
        Squall commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. No date/class yet, just fill out forms and then I guess they get back to you with class and office.

• irishmatt18
        irishmatt18 commented
        Editing a comment
        Delete the message, asking eslewehre.
        Last edited by irishmatt18; 06-27-2021, 08:37 PM.

• Congratulations!!!! Did the BI contact you for your background. Spoke to recruiter who told me they might not call me. I’ve done everything, just waiting on email.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you know if that's also true of Diversion Investigator backgrounds? I'm not in the DEA SA hiring process yet. I do have a TS-SCI from the Army around 12 months ago.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Anytime there is a job that requires a TS 9 times out of 10 there is a sit down with the investigator. If you have an army clearance they will still do a full BI on you. This is in part with because the military is also very liberal on who they will issue TS clearances to.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes sense. I appreciate the info. Do you know if the BI will let me know before they contact my current employer as part of the process? Just trying to figure out when I need to disclose that I'm looking for new jobs. I have probably a couple years left in the Diversion Investigator process, it apparently can be two to four years before people get hired.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes they won't even let you give your employer a heads up. There were times where I interviewed a person and spoke to their co workers and employer the same day. There were also times where I spoke to the employer before I even talked to the person being investigated. Its dependent on your investigator, I usually went with who ever I could get in contact with first.
        Last edited by Levithane; 06-25-2021, 01:27 PM.

• How about if I’m a Task Force Officer with DEA right now? My 5 year is coming up soon though.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        That could possibly be why, although when I did BI's on TFOs, it wasn't a TS. The times I did a TFO BI it was a Tier 4 investigation and not a tier 5 (TS). Agents have tier 5 investigations.

• Originally posted by Squall View Post
      Just got hiring approval email!
      Congrats!

I have my psych video conference soon. Already recert last PT prior to academy. Hoping to join you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Miguelgarcia View Post
        Congratulations!!!! Did the BI contact you for your background. Spoke to recruiter who told me they might not call me. I’ve done everything, just waiting on email.
        At the beginning of the BI last year yes. Never after that.

Comment

• Does anyone know the difference between Division, District, Resident, and Post of Duty offices? I get there is going to be size difference but will they have different responsibilities, duties, etc?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2874 users online. 199 members and 2675 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X