Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished medical a couple weeks ago and I just received an email that they need additional information in order to clear me. Basically I have very mild and well controlled asthma, but they still need my physician to vouch for my ability to complete any training I would do at the academy. I scored in the 30s on my first PTT so I don’t think I should have a ton of trouble. Has anyone else had an experience like this? Is it something I should be particularly worried about? I know that even if I’m medically cleared, it’s still probably a negative when I get to the hiring panel.

Comment

• jkufen
      jkufen commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah you good. I had elevated liver enzymes and had to go to additional testing. If the doc says you good they will be good with it. Took me 60 days longer to get through medical because of appointments but they hired me and my pt was only around 15 lol

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess my medical must have checked out. I took mine at the beginning of the month, and haven't heard anything since then.

• This question is for the guys that have done medical, psych, and poly. When you guys had those appointments, did you guys have those appointments at a local office or did you have to travel to get to them? Thanks

Comment

• JA95
      JA95 commented
      Editing a comment
      To add to what Levithane said, you will likely have to go to the division office for the polygraph examination. That’s what I’m tracking per my experience as well as the experiences of buddies of mine that have been through the hiring process.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Could be wrong, but I believe HQ has to put in the request for you to be polygraphed at the FO you are processing out of.

• JA95
      JA95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I believe that’s correct.

• jorgemal1030
      jorgemal1030 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys, that helps a lot.

• Long time viewer, first time poster. Figured I’d post my current hiring process timeline:

May 2019: Application sent in

June 2019: Written Assessment Battery

June 2019: Oral Interview

June 2019: Initial PT test (All 3 events conducted at MAC)

October 2019: eQip sent in

March 2020: Initial Poly date (Canceled due to Covid-19)

July-November 2020: Military training (I add this just to give understanding as to why my process has been so long).

November 2020: Second PT test

April 2021: Psychological Eval written assessment and video interview

May 2021: Medical examination
    Last edited by JA95; 05-19-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Royal1234
      Royal1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am in the military as well. What aspect of the military training made this process longer from your experience?

• JA95
      JA95 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was just the fact that it was a 4.5-5 month course in a COVID-19 environment, so I couldn’t really do anything to further my hiring process (Ie: Schedule a poly, medical or psych eval), because there were so many restrictions put in place IOT keep the virus from spreading on base.
      Last edited by JA95; 05-04-2021, 06:01 AM.

• Marcductan
      Marcductan commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get a call yet?

• Question for those of you who have passed multiple PTTs, those with an upcoming academy date, those in the academy, current agents, or fitness superstars: what is your preferred training method for the PTT and how are you working on proper form? I'm at the end of the process and am just waiting for my BI to clear. I took a PTT update yesterday and while I passed, I need to work on my sit-up/push-up form and I would like to boost my overall score by a few points for extra leeway. Hearing about half of the class who were recently sent home from Quantico for improper form really makes me nervous.

Comment

• ZH97
      ZH97 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well as some people have said, try using a mirror or filming yourself to at least get an idea of whether your form is correct. The form aside, I have found that doing alternative types of pushups (diamond, feet elevated, weighted, etc) has REALLY improved my pushups. In general, for both sit-ups and pushups, variety helps, but you should also incorporate multiple sets with limited rest. I think the key is to be able to hit high numbers without getting too tired. If you can get to a point where you don’t have to force reps out to meet the minimum (or preferably more) you’ll be able to focus more on form.

• JA95
      JA95 commented
      Editing a comment
      I concur with what ZH97 said! Using a mirror to make sure you have impeccable form as well as using variant exercises that correlate with the testing events will help your score drastically. Additionally, I like to run at least 3x a week and do one DEA PT test weekly. Usually, I do a long distance run day (To get my cardio endurance up), a sprints day (To help train for the sprint event) and a timed 1.5 mile day (In order to see where I am currently at; I typically do this the day that I do my weekly DEA PT test). I also do multiple sets of push-ups and sit-ups each morning and hit the gym just for extra muscular strength and endurance. I apologize, I know that’s a lot to take in, but it helps my score stay in the 30’s so I figured it was worth stating.

• greatness33
      greatness33 commented
      Editing a comment
      JA95 and ZH97 are both correct, it takes a lot and I believe it will be worth it come academy time.

• Completed my medical portion last week and already received a phone call from my BI, it's moving along.

Comment

• ZH97
      ZH97 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! I finished medical in mid-April but then I got an email about some additional paperwork I needed in order to be cleared. I assume that's what is holding back my BI so once all that is submitted it should hopefully move forward again.

• CajunLEO
      CajunLEO commented
      Editing a comment
      My background is going - I have my medical
      In a week, and I have a polygraph scheduled in 2.5 weeks and then it will just be waiting.

Been moving steady and ready......

• greatness33
      greatness33 commented
      Editing a comment
      ZH97 that's pretty good, I sure mine will be the same, because they stated they needed to send it off, so I should hear something from them.

• JA95
      JA95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! My BI is moving along as well. I have my medical exam in about a week and my poly in less than a month! After that it’ll be just doing the PT re-up and waiting on the final hiring decision.

• Has anyone heard anything regarding May or later classes? I'm just waiting on final offer at this point.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Guy on here got a call for the may class. Lots of dead silence for who knows what reason. I sent the email address that I sent the COL form information to asking them to confirm they received the medical exam paperwork, and never got a response back.

• I heard that everyone going to May class have been notified already, next class should be August. I’ve been in the hiring panel for four months and no news. I did my equip back in June 2020, and never had a background investigator call me. Recruiter told me that I was at the hiring panel for approval or disapproval for hire. Any advice from anyone in the same boat?

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know why they wouldn't have had you sit down with an investigator. Initial interviews with the person needing the clearance are routine for every TS investigation. I don't imagine DOD would have changed that, with covid I know a lot of things were being done over the phone.

• CPAAPP
      CPAAPP commented
      Editing a comment
      Your file went to a hiring panel but you never had a background investigator call you for your background?
      Did they even do a background check? If not, why would the file be with a hiring panel? Not arguing, just curious as to wth is going on with my own process. Curious if they are clearing people at each step before they move them to the next?

• Sounds like more of the same then. Well if next class is August at least I can RSVP for the weddings I was invited to. lol

And no advice to offer sorry. Who knows why some of us end up waiting at this point for several months? Maybe they think there isn't a good opening for your skillset just yet or maybe they want you to increase your PT numbers. That's what I'm going to focus on doing until I get the call.

Comment

• Squall
      Squall commented
      Editing a comment
      Backed up for 6+ months because of paperwork! Say it ain't so.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      I mean its probably the most likely answer. They've had continuous open announcements, meaning they're continually getting applications. Each application is 10 to 20 pages IIRC, I don't believe recruiters deem applications qualified or not so HR probably gets to sift through everything. Seems pretty typical for BI's, polygraphs, and hiring decisions to take the longest amount of time.

• Squall
      Squall commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't doubt they are busy, just wasn't sure how much HR would be involved once everything is completed and awaiting hiring panel decision. Either way I'll just be focusing on PT this summer. I want to get to where I am consistently scoring in the low 20s in my self proctored tests with a minimum of 4 points in each event. Just keep a good margin since scores tend to drop so much at the academy.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Annnnd just after I typed all of this I ended up getting the email to fill out the security forms.

• The DEA announcement is closed, is this true? I sent one of my buddies to apply and he said that the announcement is no longer there!!! Did they close the announcement?

Comment

• beattheodds7051
      beattheodds7051 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like its no longer on the website

• JakeVE
      JakeVE commented
      Editing a comment
      They updated their website so I think the link is just broke. They tweeted that they were hiring SA's on their official Twitter last week so I think it's still open.

• I heard the next academy after the May class is in September and the next one after that is not until January 2022. Anyone hear the same info?

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Each class lasts for about 4.5 months, so yeah thats probably correct.

• Heard there is an academy in August and September

Comment

• Hey guys I have a question. And I realize the answers probably aren’t going to be what I want to hear but I’d rather know. I initially applied in 2019, completed poly around June of last year. Examiner said he didn’t see any problems. Never heard a word after that literally until last week. I emailed the recruiter in between that time multiple times and never received a response, so I thought I was probably out of the process for some reason especially since it’s been almost a year since my poly with no word or movement. Emailed the recruiter asking if I was still in the process just for the hell of it last week and he responded saying my application is still under review by the DEA HQ hiring panel at this time and I should receive a response regarding my application in a couple months. I’m not sure how to take this as I never completed medical or the psychological portions. My guess is if I did not complete those steps I am probably not selected, am I right? Sorry for the long post.

Comment

• JA95
        JA95 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s interesting.. I see no reason for you to be at the hiring panel yet, but HQ should see that you’re deficient in those hiring events and get with your recruiter to schedule and complete them. I think that it’s likely your application packet got lost somewhere along the way or your recruiter got swamped with new applications and lost track of you. That’s quite a length of time without your recruiter getting in contact with you.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like you are being swept under the rug. Give HR a call at the posted number on the new announcement. The medical and psych portions are through the FO. Granted I had to call the FOH at a neighboring city to schedule a medical exam. Generally if you aren't given a no email you should still be in the running.

• preacherman
        preacherman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys hopefully that’s the case. The number on the new announcement which I believe is BA2021 isn’t working.

• Does one receive an email when their background has been successfully adjudicated or is it implied when you're sent medical/psych stuff?

Comment

• Spr5088
        Spr5088 commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost positive that adjudication is the final step - includes your whole hiring packet (background, medical, psych, etc)

• Finally got medically cleared so it looks like the process should be moving forward again. Just BI, drug screening (which it seems is separate from medical?) and PT recerts before my application goes to the hiring panel.

Comment

• CPAAPP
        CPAAPP commented
        Editing a comment
        How do you know you were medically cleared? Did they notify you saying you were good?

I think the BI is taking very long at this point in terms of DOD signing off on them and the DEA reviewing them.
        Last edited by CPAAPP; 05-26-2021, 12:20 PM. Reason: Addtl Info

• ZH97
        ZH97 commented
        Editing a comment
        CPAAPP as mentioned in a previous post, I had to provide additional documentation due to my history of asthma. I sent this in to the medical contact Monday the 17th and emailed them again yesterday to check in and make sure they’d received my paperwork. They responded and said that they had what they needed and that I was “medically cleared.” However that may have been somewhat unique to my situation as I needed to provide additional paperwork. If they don’t ask for anything else, then you’re probably ok to assume you’re cleared.

• CPAAPP
        CPAAPP commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha, good to know. Thanks.

• My background has been completed which was the last thing I needed to complete. Is the adjudication process next?

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Your BI goes to DOD/DCSA they review it, then it gets released to DEA. DCSA clears your clearance and DEA makes your suitability determination.

• CPAAPP
        CPAAPP commented
        Editing a comment
        Completed by your investigator and under review with DOD or completed and with the DEA? It seems getting the background to the DEA takes a while. Who knows how long it will take for that to happen then for the DEA to determine suitability.

• Lsane07
        Lsane07 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was told it was sent to the DEA on May 26th.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3431 users online. 249 members and 3182 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X