Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the call today. I was approved by the hiring panel last night. I had my pt test reup today. I started this process 1/9/2019 and my projected academy date is may 23, 2021. I had another fed agency offer me a job and I went to my pt test reup with the intent of just getting 12 to stay in. After the sit-ups I got the call and that remotivated me. End up with 19 points and it’s the best I have ever done. I have progressed each test so there’s been improvement each time. Also a big thing is being it was my 6th pt test in the process I completed each test with perfect form so my recruiter said I should have no issue with the academy instructors (I guess long as they are having a good day). It has been crickets for the last 8 months since I completed my psych test which was the last part for me. I was so demotivated and over it but it paid off. I got the email today for locations and updated resume and I will get my final offer whether gs 7 or 9 in the very near future. Good luck to everyone still in the process and don’t let the time get you demotivated like it did me.

Comment

• Royal1234
      Royal1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      8 months? that's insane

• jkufen
      jkufen commented
      Editing a comment
      I kinda thought the same. I’m in the process with the secret service as well. I started 4 months ago and I have completed the written test, interview, security interview, medical and polygraph. I have my at home interview tomorrow which will complete my background. They were pushing to have me hired in 6 months and it has been 2.5 years for the dea. I want the dea job over secret service because I have spent over half my career working dope but I was getting desperate for any fed job at the moment.

• Does anyone know what the leave policy is at Quantico during the academy? I have heard FLETC is transitioning towards allowing vaccinated people come and go as normal pre-covid and was wondering if Quantico is leaning towards doing the same thing in the near future given the status of the pandemic at this point.

Comment

• Spr5088
      Spr5088 commented
      Editing a comment
      Latest was that vaccination or not, nobody is allowed to leave Quantico. They also told me that having new agents vaccinated at the academy was not in the plans, but not sure how much truth there is to that

• Boozer1357
      Boozer1357 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was wondering with the May class being the first one with some vaccinated people coming in if that would maybe allow some changes to be made, but who knows.

• What is a Super MAC and how often is that opportunity presented?

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Consolidated testing. You do the pt, written and interview in a 3 to 5 day period.

• Long time viewer, just signed up. Current LEO...

Current status. Working out of El Paso Office

Applied - Late 2019
    Interview/Testing - Late 2019

COIVD STOPS EVERYTHING - Mar 2020

PT test July 2020 (Averaging 20 points on test)
    Finger Prints/EQIP - April 2021

I currently have an active TS so adjudication should go really fast. Currently pass a Phsyc with my agency (probably strictest in any gov agency)

Waiting on Poly, Phsyc, and Medical....

Hoping to make August/Sept class and holding a little hope to maybe catch the May class if a miracle happens.

Does it sound feasible that I would make the Aug/Sept class?
    Last edited by irishmatt18; 04-23-2021, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you talked to a background investigator? DEA doesn't do reciprocity for current clearances. Having one might speed up things but you'll still have an interview with a BI. Generally that doesn't happen until you pass the polygraph. Unless they started your BI you at the earliest won't go to a class until next year. DEA has no control over BI time frames so that will take the longest.

• ZH97
      ZH97 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied in late 2020 and currently am waiting on BI (plus any PT recerts). I've done everything else (initial PT, written exam, panel interview, COL, e-QIP, polygraph, psych written, psych oral, medical). My recruiter told me that if I get a final offer, there is a very slim chance I could make the class in September, but most likely I would end up being in a class in early 2022. All that being said, I am a young guy, no LE or military experience, and no TS clearance or anything, so the timeline for my BI and final hiring panel could be longer than yours (if I am even lucky enough to get an offer). Good luck.

• I have a question guys, might be kind of premature but I'm just curious. What kind of clothes are we supposed to train with at the academy? Is it business or casual or is it provided to us? I ask because DEA does not wear any uniforms like some of the other federal agencies. When I went through the academy for the current agency, since we wear uniforms, everything was provided for us at the academy. Just curious

I also heard someone mentioned about ranking or choosing 7 locations that you might even be interested on working. When do we get to rank or choose the cities? I have not seen that paper yet, I did PT in 11/20, written and interview on 2/2021 and I did my equip on 4/2021. Thanks for your responses
    Last edited by jorgemal1030; 04-25-2021, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• They give you what u need...

Comment

• You will get a list with your final offer which will tell you what to bring.

Comment

• Anybody else see the new protocol for the pft? The last basic class lost 22 of 50 to pt and 17 of those were to sit-ups. They changed what you can and cannot do. I was working out at my local dea office when the recruiter showed me the video and email. I’m terrified now. I’m suppose to be in may class and I have to learn a whole new way of doing sit-ups. I want to puke

Comment

• Spr5088
            Spr5088 commented
            Editing a comment
            It clearly says in the manual that the face must break the plane, not the elbows. However, I am a bit concerned too, and slightly annoyed that local PFTs are not treated the same as Q PFTs as far as sticking to protocol. Why would you not want applicants to be prepared rather than holding them to different standards and preparing them for failure.
            I also don’t think slamming your head against the ground is what is being relayed, but rather, once the shoulder blades start moving back forward, the head must be in line with the back and back not arched.

Again, it is frustrating that specific protocols are being added to the PFTs that differ from the manual that explains how each exercise is to be performed. Applicants and test takers should not have to bear the burden for things not being explained well enough as far as what is acceptable and not acceptable when performing the exercises.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            The strictness is dependent on the recruiter obv. The problem with a lot of this is that its open up to subjectivity. Some recruiters might say you aren't going high enough when doing push ups, others will count them regardless. The lane that we used at the track was also longer than 300 meters, so the recruiter had to use a meter tool to measure it out. Others may not do that and use the full length so you could be running an extra 10 -30 meters.

With situps, mine was strict about this, ie our face had to come to our knees. I let my upper back take majority of the impact, my only point was that if the standard is that the back of your hands holding the back of your head have to make contact with the ground, someone is inevitably going to get a nasty injury. IE the people who rely on momentum and violently due sit ups.
            Last edited by Levithane; 04-28-2021, 02:02 PM. Reason: Grammar

• jkufen
            jkufen commented
            Editing a comment
            For our 6 month pft our “standard” was on sit-ups you could fold your elbows forward as long as fingers were interlocked and your upper body had to break the plane of your knees hence why they told us to fold our elbows in. Then on pushups they didn’t care if you did the military tricep push-ups or if you had your arms out at 90 degrees from your body as long as your chest came within a fist of the ground and your body was straight. The video I watched said arms have to be at 45 degrees from the body. I’m hoping either I get these protocols perfect or I have a lenient observer

• Spr5088
            Spr5088 commented
            Editing a comment
            Again, it’s unfortunate that at a local level, improper technique (relative to the PFT manual) is acceptable. This does not do a very good job at preparing people for the PFTs that truly matter; the ones at Q

• How did they change the sit-ups? Still behind the head or in front of chest now like fbi?

Comment

• jkufen
            jkufen commented
            Editing a comment
            For the last 2.5 years every pt test we had to break the plane of our knees with our elbows. Also we could bend out elbows to the front to use momentum to crank them out. Also we could tuck our chins in our chest and only the bottom of our shoulder blades had to touch. Now your arms have to stay straight out to your sides and you can’t bend your arms forward at all. Now your face has to break the plane of your knees instead of elbows. And basically your head has to hit the ground because your body has to stay in a straight line the entire time. They had to send out a new video of the PFT because so many people failed because of technicalities.

• How often is the SUPER Mac offered? Is it a scheduled event or is it a matter of luck?

Comment

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            They email you whenever they are doing them in a specific city. They've invited me 3 different times for them, so there's no set time of when they do them. MACs aren't mandatory, I opted not to go for the first one, did the pt and interview at the second one I was invited to ,3rd one I didnt need to go to since I had passing interview and written scores from previous (i re applied).

• Got the call today. Guy couldn’t give me the official letter yet because he had a family emergency but he called me just to tell me I will be headed to Lake Havasu City, Arizona if/when I pass the academy. Tomorrow I should get the official letter with my grade which I have fingers crossed for GS-9

Comment

• jkufen Congrats! What was your final timeline if you don’t mind me asking and was Lake Havasu City your first choice?

Comment

• jkufen
              jkufen commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t remember each step timeline off hand but I started the process 1/9/2019. Lake Havasu was my pick. The SAC over there called and requested for me to come over.

• 2B18-11
              2B18-11 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice, well congrats again!

• Since this thread has a little more activity than the 2020 one, I was hoping I could shoot one of you a PM, have a question regarding the drug policy.

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              What is your question?

• At what point in the process do they give you a choice of locations to us?

Comment

• jkufen
              jkufen commented
              Editing a comment
              The end lol. You will get a list of locations once you are approved by the hiring board. It’ll be a list of all open offices and you pick 7. They will call you back with final offer and 3 locations to chose from.

• Originally posted by cmor5150 View Post
            How did they change the sit-ups? Still behind the head or in front of chest now like fbi?
            The only difference in protocol is your back must be straight throughout the rep.

This is harder said than done and will slow you down dramatically.

If I could give any advice, it would be focus strictly on form and go as slow as you can and as fast as you must.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3327 users online. 216 members and 3111 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X