Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished medical, be prepared to go back and forth a lot for those who are starting it. Also ask for copies of the paperwork as well just in case it gets lost. They gave me copies of everything without asking, but its a good idea to ask for it. Have the psych interview later this week.

Comment

• greatness33
      greatness33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I'm on my medical portion now, have it scheduled in a couple of weeks.

• ZH97
      ZH97 commented
      Editing a comment
      I ended up having psych before med. I have the follow-up on my TB test on Thursday, but after that, it's just waiting on the background investigation and PT recerts.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      With the TB test you'll be in and out within 5 minutes. I had to go back to the occupational health unit a total of 3 times at the federal building I went to. First time was for the blood, hearing, urine, and sight test. 2nd time was for TB results and sign more paperwork. 3rd time I did the EKG, and doctor did the physical. Also if you have body hair SHAVE (the RN recommended me to do this) before you do the EKG. Its humiliating, but the tabs they put on you will be so much worse when you have to pull them off if you don't shave.

• Can anyone help explain how the office selection process works? I received the approval for hire email about 3 weeks ago and ranked my top 7. I was informed by HR that I’ll be given the final offer along with 3 locations but will I get to choose one of those locations or will I rank them 1-3 like I did the original 7 and then wait for them to select the office for me? I’ve heard different things and just wanted to get clarity. Hoping to receive final offer and academy date this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boozer1357 View Post
      Can anyone help explain how the office selection process works? I received the approval for hire email about 3 weeks ago and ranked my top 7. I was informed by HR that I’ll be given the final offer along with 3 locations but will I get to choose one of those locations or will I rank them 1-3 like I did the original 7 and then wait for them to select the office for me? I’ve heard different things and just wanted to get clarity. Hoping to receive final offer and academy date this week.
      they will offer you 3 offices. Those offices may or may not be from the list you ranked (1-7). They also may give you an option from an office that was ‘crossed off’ the list. I don’t believe there’s really a rhyme or a reason to it. I’ve heard multiple theories, but from what I hear, they have recently been trying to offer 3 offices that are somewhat in line with the 7 you ranked.

of the 3 offices they give you, you don’t rank them. You just choose one.

Comment

• Boozer1357
        Boozer1357 commented
        Editing a comment
        Literally got the call about 30 minutes after posting this. I was offered three locations, none were on my original 7 but in the ballpark of the region I live in somewhat. He said to have the location decided by tomorrow when they call with the final offer.

• CajunLEO
        CajunLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        Boozer did you select 7 general locations close to you or in the general area.
        Or did you select multiple states or what?

Trying to get and idea of what you get to choose?

• Passed the PTT. Any tips to study for the written exam?

Comment

• Just got the call for class 231 and none of the offices were even close to the list of 7

Comment

• Nothing to study... Jus know how to take notes without looking down

Comment

• Just got the call for late May class!

Comment

• Does anyone know when the drug panel meets?

Comment

• jorgemal1030
              jorgemal1030 commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought you were done with poly, psych, and everything on your end. At least that is what you stated in your prior post on page 26 of the forum dated 03/25/2021. Now you are asking about a drug panel? You wouldn't be able to get as far as you claim you have if you were pending a decision from the drug panel!!! Unless you are asking for a friend
              Last edited by jorgemal1030; 04-17-2021, 02:29 AM.

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              jorgemal1030 His exact quote: "For timeline purposes only- I passed poly. Waiting on psych and med renewal then I'll be done with everything on my end".

There's nothing suggesting in there that he is finished with everything.

Now regarding the drug panel, I was told my file was going to the drug panel, and I haven't heard anything other than that (was about 3-5 months ago). I've done Written, interview, PT, (received COL Oct. of last year) Written Psych, Medical, and Psych exam (just this past month). Haven't been given an eqip or done a polygraph. Just because they allow people to go further along, doesn't necessarily mean they passed the drug panel.

• jorgemal1030
              jorgemal1030 commented
              Editing a comment
              Levithane it just doesn't make any sense that they will allow you to go through the process without knowing the outcome of a drug panel.

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              jorgemal1030, DEA's the one who makes the decisions. As long as the person is within acceptable standards, they more than likely deem them eligible to continue.

• Any one processing out of Seattle?

Comment

• Welp did the psych interview. All I'll tell you guys is be honest during it, if you feel something is pertinent to the question the psychologist asks, tell them about it.
              Last edited by Levithane; 04-15-2021, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• greatness33
                greatness33 commented
                Editing a comment
                I also did mine last week and it was definitely different.

• Levithane
                Levithane commented
                Editing a comment
                I hadn't done one before. I was up front about everything, and mine didn't seem to have very many branching questions since I gave fairly detailed responses when needed.
                Last edited by Levithane; 04-19-2021, 01:59 PM. Reason: Added content

• Does anyone know if Philadelphia (or anywhere in PA) or New Jersey offices are popular offices and hard to get into if it is one of your top choices ?

Comment

• deletedddddddd
                Last edited by HSIApplicant; 04-17-2021, 06:47 PM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

• EDIT: Ignore
                  Last edited by dk_wsmg; 04-18-2021, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• One quick question, how many times do we take the PT test? Is it once before written test, once before official offer, and once when we get to the academy? Or how does it go?

Comment

• Levithane
                      Levithane commented
                      Editing a comment
                      -initial PT test

-Recert before going if you're hired.

-then you get tested 3 times at training.

Some offices have their people do the test more, but its dependent on the office. Recruiters have discretion when they want to test people. Some people have done the PT 3 to 4 times and are waiting for an offer still.

• AJ_81
                      AJ_81 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have taken 4 i think so far. I took my initial at the Super MAC and passed Nov of 2019. Then did an updated pt test Dec 8th, then another updated pt test around Dec 18 to prep for possible Jan class, and now hopefully my last one before a class date this Fri for hopefully a May class date. I have heard the same as in recruiters have discretion, however I have also heard they need a current pt test 30 days prior to class date. So who knows really. Could be 30 days prior, could just be need updated one before class. It would make sense though for 30 days prior to make sure your good for Academy to prevent failures. I would ask BOOZER1357 since he is slated for an actual class date in May.

• Boozer1357
                      Boozer1357 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I took my initial PT test in September when I first applied and then took my 6 month recert test in March. When I got the final offer call in April I was informed I didn’t have to take another PT test since I had one within 90 days of my academy date. Now whether or not that is a nation wide or just specific region thing I do not know. I processed out of Atlanta division if that provides any clarity.

• Ok guys I know there is no set way on how the process goes. Some will do medical, psych, and poly before background and others will do the opposite. For those of you who did the e-quip then medical and the rest, what is the standard gap between the e-quip and the call for medical and the rest of the process?

thank you

Comment

• Levithane
                      Levithane commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There isn't a standard time frame for any of this hiring process. Some people get things quick, others wait months to a year.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5074 users online. 278 members and 4796 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X