Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, during push ups are you allowed to rest in upper position?

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      No, if you rest over a second they'll call it. Some proctors may even end your push ups if you stop for a half second. I would usually rest no more than a breath then get back to it.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Continuous motion, IE no resting. However its also dependent on your proctor some are much more strict than others.

• I have to recert PFT this Tuesday and I should be in 229.

Comment

• WannabeAgent
      WannabeAgent commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice, is that the late Jan class?

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it is. 228 is early jan 229 late Jan

• I just received a phone call from my background investigator. I was told that I needed to be asked a follow up question, and that it could not be asked via phone, but needed to be on a secure video conference call (VTC). She said it was a clarifying question, and that another investigator who had access to VTC would be reaching out to me to ask the question. I found this a little odd. Should I be nervous? My background started almost a year ago and I haven’t heard from my investigator in about 6 months.
    I passed my poly in Feb 2020, took medical in April, and Psych written/visit in August, so like many others, the background is the only thing holding me up
    Last edited by Spr5088; 12-21-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• StephLova
      StephLova commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't be nervous. I would just do the follow up question. I'm sure they probably want to get it done and get you moving forward. Since everything else is done you should be able to get something this year.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      It happens, sometimes BI's just need follow ups on information.

• Spr5088
      Spr5088 commented
      Editing a comment
      Finally had the call today regarding the follow up. It was nothing i should have stressed about.

• Yeah I get that, and they have called me before with follow up questions, but just odd that they have something they cannot ask on a regular phone call.

Comment

• I got the call today!!

Comment

• WannabeAgent
        WannabeAgent commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, they give you office location as well? Class 229 I assume? Congrats

• porkchop23
        porkchop23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! So happy for you!!

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!!

• Does anyone know when the clock starts on being promoted to GS10? I assumed it was right after we graduate the academy but wanted to confirm. I know its one year after but wondering one year from what date.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        What pay grade are they hiring you on as? If you were offered GL-09 you'll come in as that then get promoted to a 12 and 13 provided you're doing your job correctly and they approve it. I re-read through the letter they sent me about salary and I didn't see GS/GL 10 or 11 mentioned or even used. I think they may only pay at grades 07, 09, 12 and 13. I left out 14 and 15 because I don't know a single thing about supervisory pay.

• StephLova
        StephLova commented
        Editing a comment
        HR didn't tell you when you got the call? I'm going in as an 11 and in 2 years he said we I will be able to get my 13.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm coming on as gs9. So conflicting info here. I'll go 11, 12, then 13 and skip 10 altogether? Stephlova they may have but I couldn't hear everything she was telling me. The email just says GL9 promotable to 13 but im almost positive we don't skip grades other than maybe 10.
        Last edited by nonotnow; 12-24-2020, 03:10 PM.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        So Im going by the COL salary letter information. I don't see mention of a GL/GS 11 pay grade on there, so going off that I don't think they even use that pay level. Strictly going off what I've got in writing the only pay grades i see are 07,09,12, and 13. Granted there's different steps at each of those pay grades (Ex: GL 07, step 9).

• I gave you the answer. The position is 7,9,11,12,13 anything above 13 is supervisory. Introductory level for this position is a 7. If you have more experience and or masters you automatically qualify for a 9. If you have a ton of experience with masters or some combination of Federal Leo you will be an 11. Each year on anniversary date or EOD for DEA you will go to the next grade as I explained above. However, it all depends on yrs of experience/education and what grade you start at.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I saw yours but other people were contradicting your answer. Good to know.

• MichaelScott6
        MichaelScott6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Deboytown is correct

• Yes, Deboytown is correct...I was attached to the DEA task force for 2 years and when they called me with my final offer I was advised I would start off at an 11 because of experience. I was also told at 2 years on and being successful I would be eligible for my 13. In my final offer letter as well it also states I'm coming in as a GL-11.

Comment

• Are there two hiring panels after all the steps are done? I heard a suitability panel and a hiring panel?

Has anyone heard of a lot of people being turned away after “passing” all the steps?

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Not aware of a suitability panel. The final hiring decision takes everything into account from my limited understanding. There's a suitability section of Human Resources that I guess reviews things, but it doesn't sound like a panel. As far as the suitability guidelines, the most up to date PDF someone linked on here was from like 2010 (I'm skeptical if they even use what I saw in the PDF anymore). If they still went by some of the of guidelines I saw on there, I would be amazed if they managed to hire anyone at all.

There was one person that messaged me on here that they went through it all and got the thanks but no thanks. I haven't the slightest clue what led to the decision, as in they didn't tell me anything other than not getting selected.

• Ok, thanks.

Comment

• Are they still scheduling pt tests in most field offices? I believe all I have left is the pt recertification but my state is still pretty locked down by the governor.

Comment

• admm
            admm commented
            Editing a comment
            Which state are you applying out of?

• Squall
            Squall commented
            Editing a comment
            Seattle office. It’s actually been over a year since I took one.

• admm
            admm commented
            Editing a comment
            Nvm brotha. Cali is also in a lockdown but the recruiters are still administering PT tests. Did you try reaching out to your recruiter?

• Squall
            Squall commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, it sounds like I may not take one until after I receive a final offer and was advised to make sure I pass it. lol

• Submitted EQIP for the second time. Something about there needing to be two submissions now. Anyways, feel like I’m getting closer!

Comment

• Just curious does anyone know for a fact the schedule for the upcoming academy dates? Recruiter is really trying to stay vague and won't give any exact answers. Guess there might still be some uncertainty with covid. The only info I was told was there was 1 class every 3 months. So one in Jan the next in Mar. Reading here people are saying there's 2 in Jan and 2 in Mar. Anyone know for sure? Im sure it's just me being paranoid and antsy. I'm literally just waiting on an academy date so of course I'm mildly freaking out lol

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              I think its more of a budgetary thing, rather than the covid issue holding up offers (this at least pertains to people who have finished the process). Page 100 touches on the training part of the FY 2021 submission. https://www.justice.gov/doj/page/file/1246331/download

• BDwo
              BDwo commented
              Editing a comment
              I was told from my recruiter that there is a January 31st class. I am hopeful this is true.

• jkufen
              jkufen commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope there are several classes to better my chances. I’m pretty sure if I haven’t heard anything by now my chances of going to the academy in Jan is likely impossible. A guy in my group said he will know by Jan 21 if he’s in the March class or not but I don’t know if that’s info coming from a reliable source or just scuttlebutt.

• I got the email today to complete the paperwork. Email said I should be in the January 31st class

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations!

• admm
              admm commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! See you there

• What is the rest time between exercises for the PT? I can’t find it anywhere.

Comment

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              10 minutes according to the guidelines.

• WannabeAgent
              WannabeAgent commented
              Editing a comment
              Correct 10 minutes

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6641 users online. 337 members and 6304 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X