Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how much they grill you on past drug use? I just got notified that I passed the pre-screen and got a PTT invite. I answered the prescreen truthfully, but I was a bit of a partier back in the day and I’m currently just a year short of being able to apply to the FBI. Seems a little too good to be true that DEA is going to just accept my pre screen and that’s it. I’ve heard of other people making it all the way to the end and then being dq’d so was curious if anyone had insights. Thanks

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      Their drug policy is pretty straightforward. There is no grey area.

All DEA applicants are required to disclose their current and past drug usage and activity. An applicant will not be selected for employment if he or she deliberately misrepresents his or her drug history in connection with his or her application for employment. Absent mitigating circumstances, applicants will not be selected for employment if the applicant has:

Used (or ingested anything containing) marijuana within the three (3) years preceding the date of the application for employment. The various forms of marijuana include cannabis, hashish, hash oil, and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), in both synthetic and natural forms.
      Used any illegal drugs other than marijuana, within the ten (10) years preceding the date of the application for employment.

• Welp... I can not make this up. My GS just called and said I was approved for the late January class. I was told to come take my pt test on Monday and I will get my location preference info after I pass.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Seems like you're one of the ones they gave short notice.

• greatness33
      greatness33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats, it has been a long time coming

• StephLova
      StephLova commented
      Editing a comment
      @greatness33....yes it has been.

• StephLova
      StephLova commented
      Editing a comment
      @Levithane...yea I was originally told there was no way I was making anything in January. Then out of nowhere it came.

• NYC1175 thanks for the feedback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaleo3336 View Post
      Anyone know how much they grill you on past drug use? I just got notified that I passed the pre-screen and got a PTT invite. I answered the prescreen truthfully, but I was a bit of a partier back in the day and I’m currently just a year short of being able to apply to the FBI. Seems a little too good to be true that DEA is going to just accept my pre screen and that’s it. I’ve heard of other people making it all the way to the end and then being dq’d so was curious if anyone had insights. Thanks
      Its going to depend on what drugs were used. If its very limited marijuana usage they might overlook it. If we're talking about the other harder drugs there's a 10 year time frame, and they'll probably scrutinize you more for those. If their evaluation for suitability is remotely close to how adjudication for security clearances works they'll probably take a whole person approach. IE here's the issue, here's what this person has done to mitigate the issue (held down a respectable job, no longer involved with negative influences, sought help, etc.). The one thing that came up more than MJ when I looked into people was, when people misused prescription medication. If you get a conditional offer you'll have to do the drug use statement (also available on their site), that is more than likely where people get jammed up. While the drug policy tends to be black and white, people's experiences and recollection of them are very much grey (speaking strictly from investigative experience).
      Last edited by Levithane; 12-10-2020, 09:38 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Levithane thank you for the detailed insight. This is very helpful.

Comment

• Submit application 9/11/2020
          PTT 10/22/2020
          Written test 11/10/2020
          Interview 12/2/2020
          COL ???

I was told I would receive my COL approximately 1 week after I passed the interview. I know this may be a dumb question but is the COL in the form of an email or an actual letter? Thanks!

Comment

• WannabeAgent
            WannabeAgent commented
            Editing a comment
            They’ll email you the COL.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Comes in an email, did they tell you that you passed on the spot?

• ZH97
            ZH97 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I finished my interview and then 10-20 minutes later they came out and told me I passed. Just got my COL last night.

• Originally posted by StephLova View Post
          Welp... I can not make this up. My GS just called and said I was approved for the late January class. I was told to come take my pt test on Monday and I will get my location preference info after I pass.

Dude that’s huge! Congrats man!

Comment

• StephLova
            StephLova commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man. I appreciate it.

• It has been a 2 year and 7 month process but I finally got the call for late January class, contingent upon passing the PT refresher.

Here was my timeline:

May 2018 - Submitted my resume
          Sept 2018 - Written exam, PFT, Oral Board, Written Psych
          Oct 2018 - Medical
          Nov 2018 - Psych interview
          Dec 2018 - Drug test
          Mar 2019 - Invitation to EQIP
          June 2019 - Poly
          July 2019 - Background complete
          Sept 2020 - Update Medical
          Dec 2020 - Got the call for Jan Class. Just need to update PT test.
          Last edited by admm; 12-11-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• I’m still waiting for a final hiring decision, but can’t you make it all the way and they still say no?

Comment

• Easy1383
              Easy1383 commented
              Editing a comment
              There's always that possibility, but if you made it this far the odds are definitely in your favor!

• Filled out all update paperwork. Passed my pt fresher today. Waiting on final offer call or email. Good luck to you all.

Comment

• jccabori21
              jccabori21 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations!

• StephLova
              StephLova commented
              Editing a comment
              Appreciate it.

• Sent in my COL documents last week and got an email two days ago saying that they were received/processed. How long between the COL and the equip link did you all wait (days, weeks, etc.)? I was hoping to get it before the Christmas/New Year's slow down but that obviously depends.

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              Sent my COL forms in about 2 months ago the same day I received them, have not received an eqip link. There was another person on here who waited 5 months to get it. Would be a wise idea to buy a pair or 2 of 5.11 tactical waiting pants.

• JakeVE
              JakeVE commented
              Editing a comment
              Ahh I see, thank you.

• Got the official offer/ call today. Very excited. Late January academy.

Comment

• BDwo
              BDwo commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations!! Did you get any of your preferences?

• StephLova
              StephLova commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you...and yes I did.

• One quick question, I'm still waiting on the final yes or no, if it is a no...how do they contact you?

Comment

• admm
              admm commented
              Editing a comment
              You will get an email

• Originally posted by StephLova View Post
            Got the official offer/ call today. Very excited. Late January academy.
            Inspiring. Good job. Hope to be there soon!

Comment

• Got the call a while back, late January class. If someone starts a whatsapp chat let me know. StephLova I'll see you there. Got one of my picks as well.

Comment

• jccabori21
                jccabori21 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats! See ya down there

• admm
                admm commented
                Editing a comment
                Curious to know who else is in the late Jan class here. Seems like there’s 3 ppl on this forum so far.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5565 users online. 340 members and 5225 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X