timeline:
    01/2019 Applied
    05/2019 Written, PT, Panel, COL, Psych exam
    08/2019 e-qip
    11/2019 psych interview
    02/2020 drug test & medical exam
    03/2020 polygraph
    05/2020 BI started (first week of may)
    05/2020 BI finished and sent over to final hiring panel (end of may)
    07/2020 approved for hire, filled out necesarry forms & office of preference
    10/2020 update office of preference(locations available changed) & pt refresher
    11/2020 received final offer letter for BAT in January. !!

best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• jccabori21
      jccabori21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!
      First week of November I received the call.

• BDwo
      BDwo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info! I know there are a couple of us that are hoping to be in January class but haven’t heard a peep. Hoping to hear soon!

• StephLova
      StephLova commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome timeline...congrats and good luck in the academy.

• jccabori21
      jccabori21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man! Hope you hear back soon

• First time poster but I’ve followed this thread a while...

Anyone here from the NJ area? I have not been able to get a hold of anyone from the Recruitment Office in roughly two months, I’ve tried the number provided on the NJ DEA website several times in the last month and a half to no luck.

If any fellow NJ candidates have anything to shed light for me, please let me know or send a PM, thank you! And good luck to everyone in here no matter where you are in the process.

Comment

• First time poster here, out of the Chicago office

04/19 Application sent
      ​​​06/19 Written test
      08/19 Dallas MAC, ( PT/Interview )
      09/19 COL
      10/19 Equip completed
      04/20 Polygraph
      05/20 Both psychs and Medical

My recruiter said it will take 12-15 months for BI to clear so between Oct-Jan, I called OPM they said my BI was closed and sent to the DEA in April of this year.

I was born outside the US so I wonder if that is holding me up longer?

Anybody out of Chicago and or have a similar timeline?

Comment

• Samo1211
        Samo1211 commented
        Editing a comment
        OPM 724 794 5612 ext 7000 then hit 2 and I believe 4 after that for the options, someone posted this a few months ago, tell them you're in the process and want to find out the status of your BI

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Samo1211 Born outside of the U.S as in born to U.S citizens outside of the United States (military family), or born outside of the United States and later became a naturalised citizen? The latter one will more than likely have an impact, but the former one shouldn't. And by closed do you mean adjudicated? If its been adjudicated and cleared then you're just waiting on DEA, I would call their Personnel Security office then. After a BI has been sent in to the agency, I can't think of a good reason why you would be waiting on a yes or no for 7 months after its been completed.

• Samo1211
        Samo1211 commented
        Editing a comment
        No I am first generation, born in Europe and immigrated here with the immediate family, and thats whats OPM told me, that they closed my BI and sent it over to DEA, I just can't get a hold of anybody in HR or anywhere in the DEA, all numbers go to voice mail

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Samo1211 So this is where the terminology they use matters. A "closed" BI can mean anything from "Something we found led us to make the decision to terminate/proceed no further with the investigation. We'll send a report to the sponsoring agency for their records". The other is that the person misspoke and said it was completed so therefore it was closed. This is why I asked if it was adjudicated because that means an adjudicator looked at it and made a yes or no decision (favourable or unfavourable). Try sending one of the emails you have a record an email inquiring about that status.

• Does anyone know if interim clearances are ever utilized. My current agency has my security clearance renewal (TS/SCI) underway so DEA can’t do my BI until that is done. I’m finished with the process just waiting on BI but hoping they can give me an interim clearance to class up. Some agents mentioned the possibility of an interim clearance but I’m not sure, just thought I’d check here.

Comment

• StephLova
        StephLova commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I was told from someone in DEA HR is that undee normal circumstances everyone is issued an intermin clearance because the background can take a while. But if something unfavorable comes up during that initial check then you would have to wait until the whole background cleared.

• WannabeAgent
        WannabeAgent commented
        Editing a comment
        StephLova copy thanks I have an active TS/SCI so hopefully that helps get the interim so I can class up ASAP

• Well yesterday 11/20/2020 I took the fitness test and I passed. All I can say is practice your form do your push-ups in sets instead of just reaching muscle failure and stop, same with sit-ups. The run is the run not much you can do there but practice.
      Now what's next?

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        They invite you for a written test. If you pass the written, you get a panel interview. If you pass the panel interview you get a conditional offer letter with more forms to fill out, then its more of a waiting game.

• Took the PFT on the 11-19-2020.

Scored 18 after being gigged on form and counting my own reps.
      we can take away reps just like the academy will do.

Basically you better be able to do more than expected. Bc they going to not count something.

just part of it, knocked me out the 20 club, but practice makes perfect.

hoping to get a written test date soon???

Comment

• I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving despite of the current pandemic, and I wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Happy holidays guys, keep on training

Comment

• StephLova
          StephLova commented
          Editing a comment
          You too. Happy Holidays.

• How did you, or those you know, handle the moving issue? It seems a bit difficult to pay for two rents/mortgages at a GS 9 or 7 while you sell one home to move to another. Did you stay in a hotel for a few months? Did your family move into your in-laws or other family members home while you move to the new duty location and found a place to rent/buy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3876 users online. 231 members and 3645 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X