Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone that got a list of locations recently where were yall offered?

Comment

• StephLova
      StephLova commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not an agent, but I have been a TFO for two years and I haven't heard of anyone not coming into the office. I mean it was like that a few months ago, but its calmed down.

Secondly Levithane- your right. We really don't know what's going to happen. But there is really no reason to worry about it. It will all work itself out. From what I've gotten from the people I work with, there will be at least two classes at the beginning of the year. They may pause, they may not, just got to keep pressing forward.

• jkufen
      jkufen commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t foresee COVID stopping the academy. Maybe slowing it down and limiting the amount of agents going but to completely halt it seems unlikely but I could be wrong. They tried just in my state to suspend the police academy but couldn’t because we are in such dire need and people are quitting and retiring everyday. I believe it’ll work the same on the fed level because there are a huge amount of agents that are coming eligible for retirement at the same time and from what my local agents are saying even at the rate we are now they won’t be able to hire and train agents as fast as they are losing them.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Levithane, I think you've put it best in the past and im paraphrasing. The hiring process can take many forms and can be a total mystery, you can drive yourself crazy (as I've done as you can see) trying to predict timelines and what not. I just go off of what my recruiter/hr says and sometimes it matches up what people say on here. I know they have an academy going on right now and it seems like they do a good job of quarantining. I think Quantico has a better chance of progressing through covid without issues than fletc as that place is a total petri dish.

But there is another unknown factor at play here and that's the new administration like Levithane said. Who knows what 2021 will bring in the way of academies. I say we just keep each other amused and motivated on the forums until we hear final word.

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      "It was easier to play the waiting game when I knew I had more of the process." Lmao. What I would give to be at the end of the process with any agency where I only have to worry about PT and getting my affairs in order before leaving.

• Does anyone know how much time they give in between events for the PTT

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      10 minutes from what I heard.

• jkufen
      jkufen commented
      Editing a comment
      definitely 10 minutes. since the 1.5 mile run was a group event we got a little longer of a break because the last person to finish the last event had to have a 10 minute break but i think at the academy itll be a little more precise

• Did a recent pt test, scored a 24 is that a pretty good score for an updated one?

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Id say that is in the very high range of most peoples scores. Congratulations, I'm usually in the mid teens at my best.

• admm
      admm commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! welcome to the 20s club. According to my recruiter anything above 22 is pretty good.

• ArthurMorgan
      ArthurMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok, thanks....I just wanted to confirm. Because they just usally administer the tests and don't say anything at my recruiting office

• jkufen
      jkufen commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah definitely a pretty good score. my first test was 12, the second test was 14 and the last test was 16. I am hoping if I get another PTT before I get hired I will be in the 20 club. the sit ups is what kills me.

• Just emailed recruiter for the schedule B hiring. Do I go ahead and send him resume, transcripts, and questionnaire, or wait until they respond. Also it says there is another questionnaire that I have to get from the recruiter.

Comment

• 9/11/2020 submitted application
      10/22/2020 passed PTT
      11/10/2020 passed written test
      ?/?/???? panel interview

I’m starting to prepare for the panel interview now. The description makes it sound pretty intense.

Comment

• jkufen
        jkufen commented
        Editing a comment
        its not bad just be yourself and answer everything completely. Do not skimp on the details everything will help. Also your process will be different than the people in this group just a FYI if you look for info here.

• ZH97
        ZH97 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the clarification! The sheet seemed relatively clear about what to expect in the interview, but I would certainly appreciate any advice anyone can provide, even if the process is a bit different.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Get a decent sleep, wear a suit, and eat a breakfast that will hold you over for a few hours.

• Well got a random call on Friday - come PT Thursday.

so maybe things are starting to pick up again.

Comment

• Is anyone processing through the Chicago office?

Comment

• For the people who have finished the process, would you agree if we haven't heard anything by the end of the third week in December- you probably won't make the January class.

Comment

• StephLova
            StephLova commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok. So it's pretty much a toss up right until the academy? The agents i work with are sure I will make the January class, but I'm a little weary. I guess we shall see.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Basically. Just so many unknowns especially with the holidays coming up. Could go either way. But I would def be planning for March academy at the very latest if they're taking 50 people per. If it comes sooner then great, if not you know you're a lock for March. Doesnt hurt to be ready though for January.

• BDwo
            BDwo commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m the same way. My recruiter is pretty adamant that I’ll be in the January class but I still haven’t had that confirmation from HQ about preference location or academy date.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Every time you post I'm holding my breath thinking you got a final offer call lol.

• Ok. So it's pretty much a toss up right until the academy? The agents i work with are sure I will make the January class, but I'm a little weary. I guess we shall see.

Comment

• If you guys don’t mind - what is the age group in here of the guys going through the process- I’m on the old man side of this process at 35.

Comment

• StephLova
              StephLova commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm 31...will be 32 in three weeks.

• Cgreen
              Cgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m 23 too lol. On the younger side than most

• CPAAPP
              CPAAPP commented
              Editing a comment
              Just about 31 myself. Average age of my boys class for another agency was like 31
              Last edited by CPAAPP; 12-07-2020, 08:53 AM. Reason: Typo

• WannabeAgent
              WannabeAgent commented
              Editing a comment
              In my 40’s
              Last edited by WannabeAgent; 12-09-2020, 09:52 AM.

• For anyone who’s done the FBI and the DEA PFT, how do they compare? The FBI *really* busted my balls (refused to count a single push-up I did despite following protocol).

I’m fully aware reps will be taken away, but I’m not interested in playing weird mind games with another PFT assessor.

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              If the FBI busted your balls, the DEA will be worse when it comes to that. As far as the mind game, everyone gets the same treatment. Offenders/drug users will play games with you on the job, so fair warning. After the PT I took, we immediately got the BAT treatment right afterward.

• StephLova
              StephLova commented
              Editing a comment
              And the drug traffickers will try to hurt you...REST IN POWER CECIL RIDLEY! 11/19/19(mentor and partner)...Yea that PT test sucks and they play games with you, but its there for everyone's benefit. big_bob_69, you can do it though, just don't quit. Don't ever quit. If this job is something you really want to do keep pushing forward. It took me 3 times to finally realize I might be in shape, but not the shape needed to complete the PT test. Had to leave my ego at the door and do something different to finally pass and move on.

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              big_bob_69. One thing that can help is filming yourself doing push-ups and watching it after to see where you need to correct errors in your form. I did this and it helped immensely. When I started out, I thought I was doing them perfectly, then I used my phone to actually video myself and saw that I wasn't going all the way down and my lock-outs at the top were questionable. Once I fixed this, I was doing them to the standard these two agencies require (I took the FBI PFT).

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              Also, if you haven't already, start practicing sit-ups with your hands behind your head. The FBI has us hands crossed over chest. It's much harder with the hands behind the head and whereas the sit-ups were my money maker for the FBI, I'm barely getting 45 now for the DEA protocol.

• 9/19: Applied
            11/19: Written
            01/20: PTT
            11/20: Panel (COL same day)

Comment

• Guy from my agency turned in his stuff today. Says he is in the January class. Hopefully more calls will start going out.

Comment

• nonotnow
                nonotnow commented
                Editing a comment
                I can confirm that. I got told in a roundabout way that they are making calls for Jan class.

• StephLova
                StephLova commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool. Let us know if you hear if the class gets filled if possible.

• BI initiated- this was a huge step for me- stoked.

Comment

• How long did it take to be initiated from when you submitted equip? And did you poly before the background started?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5693 users online. 341 members and 5352 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X