Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a few months I’ll be on my 5th PT recert- you’ve only had 3, haha. Not complaining. I had to reapply at some point due to a technicality but my timeframe is roughly the same as yours, oddly.

Comment

• jkufen
      jkufen commented
      Editing a comment
      I should be on my 4th at least by now but COVID slowed me down. I got to wait 8 months between pt test and then I got hurt in a car wreck and got a 30 day extension so I had 9 months between my last two.

• Anyone have any idea on the timeline on how long it takes for your background to get sent for adjudication? My report was submitted about 2 weeks ago, called today and it's still pending. I have had 2 backgrounds before, and maybe I am just ignorant on the process.

Comment

• Crb74rhs
      Crb74rhs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it was sent to opm/dcsa. Called today and they said that it is still pending to be sent to Doj/Dea for adjudication.

• ArthurMorgan
      ArthurMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok. Yeah my bi was submitted like JUL 15 and was sent back and received 25 SEP

• Crb74rhs
      Crb74rhs commented
      Editing a comment
      So it took dcsa from June to September to finish it, and then forward it to the DEA?

• ArthurMorgan
      ArthurMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that was the timing

• Hey yall! took my first PTT test on 10/23/2020 and passed. Trying to see why some of you are doing 3-5 PT test? lol i thought it was only one at the beginning and one at the end before final offer. Or am i missing something?

Comment

• BDwo
      BDwo commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been in the process since May 2019. I’ve only done 1. My recruiter said I will only do 1 more before the academy.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Its probably dependent on the office and or recruiter. Everyone got the talking to after passing the first one when I finished mine (IE stay in shape).

• WannabeAgent
      WannabeAgent commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're close to the mark (12 pts) and its gone beyond 6 months, you'll likely get notified. If you scored in your the 20's, not so much (from my experience).

• The process can take about a year or so to get through. I was told you have to reup on your pt every 6 months. Could be different from office to office.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that year from COL or year from initially applying?

• StephLova
      StephLova commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine has been from conditional offer. I got a conditional offer in January of 2020...with no hiccups, its been almost a year. It might be faster for others.

• Squall
      Squall commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm coming up on a year from my first PT test and haven't been asked to take any additional ones. The frequency must be office dependent.

• Is anyone making it through the process without any LEO or military experience?

Comment

• ArthurMorgan
      ArthurMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Me. I don’t have a .mil or .leo background

• littlemoose
      littlemoose commented
      Editing a comment
      Me as well - I’m coming from working the last six years in financial services.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      No military or LEO experience, but I have investigative experience and received a COL.

• Squall
      Squall commented
      Editing a comment
      No military or LEO background for me; however, I do have investigative experience in a civil agency and I've made it to the background phase.

• Does anybody know if you fail the poly for the DEA but had another poly for an DHS agency that I passed a month later following the DEA poly, can that be transferred over to the DEA ? Or is it once you fail the DEA poly , it’s over ?

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      DEA is not a part of DHS. If you failed re-apply in 3 years, or apply to other agencies.

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      Technically if you fail a CBP poly you're suppose to wait 2 years before taking another one. I'm not sure what happened with yours, or how long ago you failed the DEA poly, but that could be an issue with CBP if it was still within the 2 year clause...

• Been a month since I submitted my location preference and still waiting on a final offer. The suspense sucks!

Comment

• chrom838
      chrom838 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep same boat. I did hear from my recruiter the class in January starts January 3rd.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      That's awesome info thanks chrom838

• WannabeAgent
      WannabeAgent commented
      Editing a comment
      nonotnow at what point did you get your location preference sheet? I'm finishing my package this month (Poly and Medical) then they will start my BI I assume.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      After my BI started, i only had one correspondence with HQ. After that it was months and I got an email saying congrats youve passed the hiring panel, fill all these forms out including a location preference sheet.

To give reference and an idea, I had some info from my recruiter and other people who told me where my file was. First that I passed BI, then I passed the panel, then a month later I got an email stating I officially passed hiring panel. If that makes sense. So if you don't know people or your recruiter is busy, I could br half a year from time you start BI to time you get locations preferences.
      Last edited by nonotnow; 11-05-2020, 11:30 AM.

• I submitted my DEA app materials via email on September 30. I have not heard a peep since then. Should I do anything proactively to ensure that they haven't lost or misplaced my application materials? While I realize that only a month has gone by, this feels a lot more opaque than the FBI where I had a portal I could check for the status of my SA application, and I want to make sure I am not slipping through the cracks unnecessarily (if I am purely not qualified, that's fine, but at least tell me).

Comment

• Easy1383
      Easy1383 commented
      Editing a comment
      Heads up, there will be long times and periods where you won't hear a peep; so settle in get used to it. I went a whole year after my poly before I heard something from HQ regarding updating my psych. Timelines significantly vary Im a 2018 applicant and still waiting. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much being a month in, but when you do get a response get to know your recruiter.

• Timeline:

7 Sep 2019: Applied

29 Oct 2019: Written Test

31 Jan 2020: Panel Interview

30 Oct 2020: PTT #1

3 Nov 2020: COL

Can anyone private message me about the medical portion of the process as well as the credit history?

Comment

• jaf46 dang bruh! 9 months between?!! That’s a long time. How long did it actually take them to tell u that u passed the interview?

Comment

• jaf46
        jaf46 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. I think the offices in my area were just slammed and didn’t have the time, then of course everything shut down until just recently. I was notified within a week.

• Background investigator said he completed my report on Monday and now it has to be reviewed and sent to the requesting agency for adjudication ...I'm hoping that won't take long.

Comment

• StephLova
        StephLova commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Do you know how long the adjudication process may take?

• BDwo
        BDwo commented
        Editing a comment
        Did your BI call you or did you call them?

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        There's really no telling especially with COVID and the election happening right now.

• StephLova
        StephLova commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok. I called and ask. My background investigator is pretty laid back. He did my task force background check.

• Ok. I called and asked. My background investigator is pretty laid back. He did my task force background.

Comment

• I remember a while back someone posted a phone # to call to check with I guess DOD regarding our background check. If we call that #, would they be able to tell us the status regarding an investigator being assigned or not? I still haven’t heard anything after the poly.
        Last edited by CPAAPP; 11-05-2020, 09:19 AM. Reason: To clarify my question

Comment

• I have my panel interview next week. I already know specifics can not be given but can anyone offer any general information? Would knowing specific DETAILS about the DEA history and organization help or will it all be STAR based ?
          Please refrain from the "you should know the DEA history back and front" answer.

Comment

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Everything you need is in the study guide DEA gives you. Everyone in this thread who took the panel signed an NDA.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah no one on these forums who isn't an idiot will give up information on a federal interview on a public forum. What you can see is what you're gonna get for the reason mentioned above. NDA.

• Thank you for your response

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5096 users online. 292 members and 4804 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X