Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background interview went pretty smooth. Since I did time on a DEA task force we really only focused on anything that might have changed-which there were none. The same agent who did my interview for my first clearance did this one today. He remembered me and it went well. Hopefully I get successfully adjudicated and can make the next academy. Good luck to you all.

Comment

• If anyone knows of a January class offline group chat let me know.

Comment

• I was told there will be a January class and March class.

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I was just asking if someone knows of a whatsapp chat, usually someone starts one for people going to a specific class.

• I'm about 11 months/a year out from applying and for those who are about to apply, let me tell you how it helps so much to improve core strength. A tight core during pushups means pushing less extra weight, a strong core allows you to explode during sit-ups and it also keeps you in a steady state running form instead of flopping all over the place. I'm not where I want to end up, but day-by-day, things are starting to get really exciting. A good core looks like it was one of the keys all-along.

Any applicants who are looking for accountability or agents who would be willing to give insight, please feel free to DM me. Hope you are all well.

Comment

• jorgemal1030
          jorgemal1030 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, your core is the most important thing to work on. Not only because it will help you improve on your sit-ups but as you said, it will help in your pushups and a tight core will help you tremendously in your running. I agree 100%

• Does anyone know if DEA will accept current DOJ TS/SCI clearances?

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Id read this whole thread. Levanthine goes into depth on this subject. Answer is basically no.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          They will still run one on you. If you have a TS already they may just pick up where the last one left off, or they may do the full thing on you. Personnel security is at their discretion to do so. USMS was the only one that was carrying over TS clearances, only if they were conducted by OPM at the time (this was like April of last year or so when I was told this).

• Has anyone heard of any MACs coming up
        soon.
        i got told HR would send out an email when the next set of MACs come out.
        Just have not heard much about it.

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          HR sends out an email I've gotten a MAC email three separate times from them. What happens is they give you a range of days the written, panels, and PT are going on. The most recent one I got only had panels and written tests available for schedule. A good portion of the time a MAC will be outside of your home state. First time I got one they were being held in a different state, and in my state in a city like 4 to 6 hours away, 2nd time I got one it was being held in my same city, 3rd one was in a different state altogether. If you have passed the written and panel (as said in the announcement) in a different application period your scores will carry over, but you have to ask. Its not mandatory you go, all it does is consolidate the first 3 steps of the process into a 2 to 3 day period.

• Hey guys, been following this DEA forum for awhile now but wanted to wait to post until I actually did something pertaining to the hiring process. I passed the first PTT yesterday with 16 points. I’m applying out of the El Paso Division.

Timeline:
        Applied- 8/31/2020
        First PTT- 10/23/2020

Comment

• jorgemal1030
          jorgemal1030 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice man, congratulations, I have my PT test on October 30, 2020. I have been training for it, hopefully everything goes well.

• How does field office selection work with the DEA? Is it like the FBI where you make a "wish list" at the academy and they place you based on agency needs? Is it like the USSS where they tell you which field office you'll get during the application process?

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Its been talked about on here in the thread but more like usss. Right before the final offer you get a list of all available offices open but with disclaimers stating things change, needs of the dea etc. You fill out your top 7. They come back with 3 which may or may not be on your list. You choose one.

• greatness33
          greatness33 commented
          Editing a comment
          You know your assignment office, before you head to the academy now. In the past they would not know until a few weeks before graduation.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Apparently that changed in early 2019. That would flat out SUCK.

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is great to hear. Now if only they'll actually get back to me and give me a PTT invite. Here's to hoping!

• jorgemal1030 thanks bro! You’ll do fine man, your adrenaline will be pumping that day!

Comment

• Got some calls from my job saying a background investigator called them. Hopefully things are moving forward in enough time for January. Good luck to all.

Comment

• WannabeAgent
            WannabeAgent commented
            Editing a comment
            StephLova did you do your Poly before they started the BI? Seems odd but I have poly coming up but my BI hasn't even been started.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            WannabeAgent they release your info to DCSA when you pass the polygraph. On some of the older job announcements they did the BI first then polygraph.

• WannabeAgent
            WannabeAgent commented
            Editing a comment
            Levithane, copy thanks. Seems odd but yea I have seen on here that in the past they did BI prior to poly but now after. Whatever works.

• StephLova
            StephLova commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. I did my poly back in July I believe.

• Anyone know if there are slots still available for Jan class?
          Last edited by admm; 10-29-2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• StephLova
            StephLova commented
            Editing a comment
            And the admin work does come from the local office who gets the go ahead from HQ. It is common practice to put candidates going to the academy in these position to get them going before the academy. I'm out of the Atlanta Office/ Savanah RO, so maybe it's different in other areas.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Got it, do you happen to know when he got his date and location? Reason I ask is my life is on hold until they call. I unfortunately do not have the luxury of doing the 2 week notice thing as im on contract and had to estimate when to terminate my contract (military) so now I'm just in fact finding mode. I spoke directly with HR in DC and they told me no offers had went out yet but that def could have changed since I spoke to them.

• StephLova
            StephLova commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know any particulars, I could try to find out. I really don't know this guy, but he told me he did. I guess he knows I was going through the process too. Like I said he could be telling me anything, I would hope not, or he could actually have gotten an offer. I am definitely going to try to find out now that I've gotten that information for you.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            you guys are probably getting the good old "left hand" isn't talking to the "right hand" thing that local, state, and the federal government is plagued with.

• Does anyone know who schedules the medical, psych exams and drug test? Is that from HQ or from the FO?

Comment

• CPAAPP
            CPAAPP commented
            Editing a comment
            Does the BI have to get started before those last few steps are done?

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            In my experience the BI doesn't start until after you pass the poly at minimum like Levithane stated. Mine started right after I passed all the steps.

• CPAAPP
            CPAAPP commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay. Thanks.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            At most they will run an initial credit check on you. The full BI won't start until you pass the polygraph.

• Anyone from NY still processing from an older announcement?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            2018? I know there is a thread with them but no ones chimed in for a while.

• CPAAPP
            CPAAPP commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. I haven’t seen anyone from the NYFO really post any updates. Just wanted to see how they were all moving along if they were at all.

• Well I came on here to see if you guys were hearing anything different from me and I am definitely seeing different responses lol. I am done with the process. I have completed everything and I am currently just waiting on a job. The news here in Charleston is the DEA is broke and they dont have any classes scheduled for 2021. I was told that depending how the upcoming election goes will determine if DEA will be able to ask for more funding for classes in 2021. I see many of yall are expecting classes in Jan and Mar. I hope this is true because I am basically just sitting here waiting on a class to open up so I can get hired. I started the process Jan 2019 and it has been a heck of a process with a lot of ups and downs but hoping itll all be worth it soon. The rumor here is they are suppose to open up some extra spots in our office and the agents here are gonna put in a word for us to try and get us placed here but if not I have a SAC in Kingman Arizona that is gonna try and get me pulled over there after the academy so we will see how this actually works out. Good luck to all of you!

Comment

• BDwo
            BDwo commented
            Editing a comment
            I spoke with my recruiter last week and he’s confident that there is a January class. Even though I haven’t heard from HQ about anything official, my recruiter said he expects me to be in the January class.

• jkufen
            jkufen commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope thats the case. unfortunately it seems that our office is the last to hear anything, One of the agents made a comment to one of the guys thats at the same phase as me and asked if he was offered a job in feb would he be ready for the academy but then he played it off as a joke so its so hard to get any straight info here. I am hoping they have classes in 2021 because im super eager to get a job. I never imagined I would be in the position I am in now where the process is done and I am sitting here waiting for an academy date. Of course i am sweating the PT test at the academy. We just had a guy that was fired because he went to the academy and failed the PT test due to technicalities and he is no longer an agent. The idea of this 2 year process being for nothing makes me sick lol but that fear keeps me training hard. I have completed 3 PT test so far and I have gotten better scores every test so we shall see.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, If they told me I might go to Kingman, AZ after a 2 year wait, I'd have to get my walking papers and cut my losses lol. That place is a desolate wasteland.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Well after reading your post it seems like they're messing with you. For one it says on the announcement "majority of people don't return to their processing office". As far as the office making requests, man good luck the job announcement says they go where they tell you to go. Have fun using sleigh dogs to get to work in Alaska. Two "we're broke but we'll extend the job announcement to december instead of September 2020 to process people we can't afford to hire". Theres a good chance you'll get less than 2 weeks notice to report to training.

• From what I am being told the hiring budget and they academy budgets are purposed differently. I was told they will do the mass hiring process and only take the top candidates because per a directive they have to have some many applicants in a pool to pull from. So they waste all this money to build this pool then take the 25% they need. Now I would normally be like no no way someone would throw that much money away for nothing but then again it is the federal government so it doesn’t sound so far fetched anymore. Second they did say the likelihood of going to your recruiting field office is slim to none and they push this agenda so that people don’t apply with the hopes of staying and when they find out they aren’t they withdraw. So if you go into the process with the mindset you aren’t staying there’s fewer surprises. As far as kingman goes I love it there lol we go couple weeks a year out there for vacation. It’s a small town probably 30k people in city limits 75k in surrounding areas. You’re an hour or so from Vegas. Little more than an hour from Lake Havasu. 30 minute drive up the mountain where it snows in the summer. 2-3 hour drive from San Diego and probably 1-2 hour drive from Phoenix. You’re close enough to everything you can drive but far enough away the hussle and bussle doesn’t bother you. Wages are high there and cost of living is relatively low compared to here in Charleston lol I’m pretty positive I have a good shot for either kingman or even the Charleston office. I know there’s a decent chance of them saying screw you welcome to El Paso but I like my odds of one of the two SACs getting me pulled to one of my two picks. But we will see hopefully only a few more months. At this point I’d take any office just to get in the door.

Comment

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            What even constitutes someone as a top candidate? Srs everything seems like its more of a check off list than actual comparing to other people. Im not a Usain bolt by any means (no 20 pointer for me), but keep my self in shape. By that tid bit I was at least right when it seems like theres an un-admitted layer of evaluation. But 3 PT tests? Thats nuts, how long did you wait in between each one?
            Last edited by Levithane; 10-30-2020, 11:04 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5069 users online. 291 members and 4778 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X