Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After receiving the COL letter, how long has it taken to receive the e-quip and SF-86 from HQ?

Comment

• amb1424
      amb1424 commented
      Editing a comment
      It depends. Took me 5 months for who knows what reason.

• WannabeAgent
      WannabeAgent commented
      Editing a comment
      dj20lown eqip and SF-86 are same thing. I got COL in late Feb 2020, received eQip a month later.

• They've made some decisions on applicants going to the January class. Be ready to hear something this month or next from your recruiter.

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      From eqip to when I think it was finished was 6 months.

• Watex
      Watex commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on the call. Did you complete your poly before anyone started getting phone calls from the BI?

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Yes I did

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      nonotnow What did you to practice for the PT test? The sprint is rough and gets me gassed when I do it and barely get the point for it.

• For those waiting for more testing (I have the PT & panel interview left) in the DC area, please be advised that all of those events are indefinitely postponed for the DC area due to the pandemic. The email said they would notify me once processing restarted but I imagine it won't be until after the new year.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Processing out of DC? I have a friend who re-submitted his paperwork after not being successful with the written last year, and hasn't heard a thing. Not sure if its the office, or there's some other reason he hasn't heard anything.

• Badger99
      Badger99 commented
      Editing a comment
      IIRC, they didn't notify me of anything until after the job posting closed the last time. There may be a bigger delay too with COVID-19. I was warned previously that DC is the busiest office and to be patient with their timelines.

• Equaleyes
      Equaleyes commented
      Editing a comment
      I submitted initial application materials back in May, got a standard “you will be contacted once testing is authorized” response. Haven’t heard anything since, and it sounds like DC FO may be especially slow. Wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to switch your application to a different field office? If so, is that advisable and what’s the best way to go about it?
      Last edited by Equaleyes; 09-15-2020, 12:59 PM.

• So I completed my PT, Written and Interview and before a COL could be issued my application has to be reviewed by a Drug panel due to some past drug usage. How long does it take to hear back from that? I already assumed that wasn’t the best situation, but what’s the likelihood your application gets approved through that review? I’m sure its dependent on a case by case basis, but just curious if anyone had a similar experience and what was the outcome?

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah my buddy had issues clearing the drug panel. If not I believe you get an eqip link after you pass.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you have to do the drug questionnaire after completing those steps? Or was it submitted initially along with all your other paperwork? If it was submitted before I'd imagine that was looked at during the qualifications review.

• Adrenaline54
      Adrenaline54 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought it was strange, I submitted one with my initial application. Once I completed all those steps, I had to submit another one and then I heard back from them a few days ago. Sadly I have to wait 2 more years to have a 10 year gap from something I did in college. I really wish they would have just told me this from the beginning before having me complete all these steps.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Adrenaline54

Im gonna go out on a limb and say it was something other than Weed, since the fed doesn't care about it if its outside of 3 years. . In your case the written and interview scores should just be able to carry over. You'd just have to PT again and do whatever the other steps are when you reapply in the stated timeframe.

• Was curious if anyone out there is like me. I completed all steps in the process last year 2019. Met with BI last November, was told due to a family situation I had that I would have to wait for regular BI, which takes up to 6 months. That was when OPM still did them. I have not heard a peep since. I still get emails every now and then to stay in shape, but nothing else.

Comment

• My background investigator told me all of my references have been contacted and my report will be submitted sometime this week. Does anyone know if you get an actual notification that you passed? I never actually received a confirmation that I passed the poly lol.

Also as an FYI, you may not have much time to inform your boss/co-workers they will be contacted once you have spoken with the investigator. In my case, my boss was called 15 minutes after I got off the phone with the investigator. That was an awkward conversation we had afterwards. lol

Comment

• amb1424
      amb1424 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told my BI was complete, but my references that I put down on my SF 86 told me they were never contacted. Not sure what to think of that

• Recruiter emailed everyone today and said testing will resume in 2-3 weeks.

edit: in my region

Comment

• Just applied to posting BA2020-1 in August.

Now the posting is closing soon will we start to hear anything?

New to the process any helpers??
      Last edited by CajunLEO; 09-23-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• greatness33
        greatness33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Really depends on Covid. When I applied it was fairly quick, if they offer any MAC's, I would attend to cut down time.

• CajunLEO
        CajunLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, our covid has not been terrible.

I have read the thread a lot and seems the MACs are mostly North.

I would be open to traveling to knock out several steps in one weekend. If that would be possible, just eager to hear or start.

Congrats on the poly step. I am glad to hear people moving and the 2020 job posting closes in a few days so maybe us newbies will get some news.

• Been following this thread for a while and I have my application process listed below. I applied for the BA2019-2 job application with prior military service on my application. My main issue and current hold up centers on the background investigation portion. I have yet to receive a link to start my Eqip and it has been almost 10 months since the COL. Meanwhile, I see others on here that applied for the BA2020 slot and have steamrolled through the process. Working in the military I know people can get swept under the rug and forgotten when it comes to personnel processing, and I also acknowledge that COVID has impacted the processing capabilities within the department. Make no mistake, I am used to, hurry and wait, but seeing new guys who applied after me and passing me along does not give me confidence in the recruiting process. I am sitting on a T/S clearance that is set to expire early next year and can't seem to understand why they have to do another investigation all over again. This is more of a rant than anything, I still want the job and will keep working hard to maintain my fitness standards. If anyone has applied out of the Atlanta, GA region and you have any information about any movement please feel free to comment. At this point, any news is good news. Side note, I feel really bad for those that have applied long before me and are still in the process. Don't lose hope

08/19: Applied
      10/19: Written
      11/19: Panel Interview
      12/19: PTT
      12/20: COL
      08/20: PTT
      Last edited by Epicthrower; 09-22-2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• amb1424
        amb1424 commented
        Editing a comment
        Message me, I had a similar issue.

• Capital Ranger
        Capital Ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Similar issue with me.

09/19: Applied
        11/19: Written
        01/20: PTT
        4/20: MAC / Panel Interview cancelled, no movement since then.

• Just waiting on a questionnaire now. For those who still have to take the Physical test, make sure your able to exceed whatever numbers you are testing yourself at now. The proctor is the one who is going to dictate your score. IE your count may be higher than what the proctor counted as rep completions.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally subjective. Had multiple experiences with proctors. Some good some bad. Good advice, exceed your numbers as you may see SU and,PU decrease. Even seen a run # decrease. Crazy.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        How does someones run score decrease? The other parts I could understand because they'll knock you off for form, but the running part seems pretty cut. I guess I could see it happen if the timer started too early.

• amb1424
        amb1424 commented
        Editing a comment
        What is the questionnaire?

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        amb1424 the security questionnaire/eqip.

• Hi I'm new to the process. I'm from Texas and I'm still waiting to start the process. I applied in February 2020 and I was scheduled for a PT test in April but because of the pandemic, it was cancelled. Now that I'm on the waiting list to take the test and initiate the process, what do you guys recommend to study for the test? And this is a question for they guys that have taken the polygraph, I have never taken a polygraph before, what do they ask in there?

Thank you so much for your help I look forward to begin the process and get into the academy.

Comment

• Longhorn8847
        Longhorn8847 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am no longer interested in DEA and never had poly for the agency. However, I recently had a poly for another agency and others would tell you the same. Do not try to know ahead what questions will be asked during the poly. Do not also search for poly preparation tips and so on from the internet. The best thing is to be your self (honesty) and well rested before the poly day.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        You can't study for any of the test. Just the PT test which a lot of people fail. Read this whole thread and work out. There's your study guide.

I've passed a dea poly. Be honest and you didn't fail until someone tells you that you failed.

• CajunLEO
        CajunLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey man,

I’m in the same boat as you. Just waiting to hear something. I am also next door in La.

From this thread seems like things are starting to move again.

And the job posting is about to close so hopefully something soon. PM if you want to compare.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything you need is on the study guide. Everyone signs NDA's for testing so no one can disclose anything about what is on the test.

Also your profile says border patrol, how have you never taken a polygraph if you work for them? I guess the exemption would be if it isn't a LEO position, or you've been with them for so long that it was before the whole congressional mandate.

• Took my poly last week, things seem to be moving

Comment

• Delete...........

Comment

• Anyone know when their next test is? I know they’re hiring right now until the 30th but I am not ready for that PT lol

Comment

• InsideScoop
            InsideScoop commented
            Editing a comment
            Im curious too. I need the next posting to be eligible

• (Ignore this message, I don't know how to delete original posts).
          Last edited by dk_wsmg; 09-29-2020, 10:38 AM. Reason: I know that LE experience is not a must-have for the job. That's all.

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Current recruiters have stated you do not need any LE experience to apply and get pushed through. At my info session, out of 100 people, only 20 or so of us had LE experience. So you're fine. Apply and as long as you're invited to the MAC, they've combed over your resume and deem you worth of going through the process.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            You don't need Law Enforcement experience. In some cases it can help or hurt you, some agencies limit the amount of LE oriented applications they are willing to accept, I have heard of the FBI doing this. You do need good communication skills, and writings skills however.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5399 users online. 327 members and 5072 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X