300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEA 2019 applicants

Well since the last thread was mysteriously deleted for some reason, guess here's a new one. All finished with the process just waiting on an email of from HQ about final offer. Info session and applied March 2019.

Thanks nonotnow
    Last edited by Bod6; 05-18-2020, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Leviathan brought it to my attention. Crazy! Dunno who started it or if someone can PM a moderator. Feel bad for all the new applicants looking for info.
      Last edited by nonotnow; 04-16-2020, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Weird that the old post was deleted. But since you guys completed the pft.. during the push up section does your chest have to touch the ground or just go down to 90 degrees?

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          If chest to fist is the standard I feel a lot more confident going into the academy.

• JakeVE
          JakeVE commented
          Editing a comment
          Instructor put his fist on the ground for the chest to tap. But like everyone else said, it's so variable and subjective between different offices and instructors. The best way to train for it is to find something around your house/apartment that's as tall as your fist.

• greatness33
          greatness33 commented
          Editing a comment
          My experience was different. They pretty much looked at you while doing your push-up and if they felt you were not going low enough, the instructor would put his fist down for a couple of reps and then remove it.

• WannabeAgent
          WannabeAgent commented
          Editing a comment
          They were standing by watching and if you didn't break 90 degrees they would call it out.

Originally posted by Bentley32 View Post
        Weird that the old post was deleted. But since you guys completed the pft.. during the push up section does your chest have to touch the ground or just go down to 90 degrees?
        DEA is strict on the form. I didn't have to touch the ground, but they wanted proper form which meant your chest had to be about a fist width from the ground. What they emphasized was locking elbows, and going through the entire push up motion.

Comment

Since the other forum got canceled I’ll post my timeline again for those just beginning the process or somewhere around the COL.

October 2019: written
          November 2019: oral interview
          December 2019: PT
          January 2020: e-qip
          March 2020: polygraph
          March 2020: medical
          April 2020: background interview
          Last edited by Bod6; 05-18-2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• USMC86
            USMC86 commented
            Editing a comment
            Background interview and reference contact came quick. I had my background initiated 11/19, poly 12/19, and I’ve been waiting ever since.

5/19:written
            6/19: interview
            8/19: PTT
            8/19: written psych
            8/19: drug test
            8/19: medical
            8/19: medical follow-up
            10/19: psych interview
            11/19: Eqip
            12/19: polygraph

• amb1424
            amb1424 commented
            Editing a comment
            Bod6 our timelines are very similar. I just finished medical and background process has started. Any idea when psych could be scheduled?

• Bod6
            Bod6 commented
            Editing a comment
            amb1424 not entirely sure.
            Last edited by Bod6; 05-18-2020, 09:05 AM.

• WannabeAgent
            WannabeAgent commented
            Editing a comment
            01/2020: Applied
            02/2020: PT Pass
            02/2020: Written
            02/2020: Panel Interview
            02/2020: COL
            04/2020: Submitted eQip

Somewhat frustrating how the process is different depending upon what FO has the application. I did the MAC September 2019, received the COL right away, completed the EQIP in January and had my polygraph scheduled for March(cancelled due to Covid-19). I’m not sure why I couldn’t have gotten the psych, medical, and drug test done within that long time frame? Hoping everything opens up soon so my process can get going.

Comment

• Bod6
            Bod6 commented
            Editing a comment
            In most cases they have been doing medical, psych, and drug test after passing the poly. Most likely to save money...

Hello all! I know the COVID-19 is throwing things off but has anyone heard of any recent information regarding academy dates?

Comment

• amb1424
            amb1424 commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven’t heard anything about upcoming academy dates. A friend is currently going through FBI academy.....friend stated FBI academy isn’t reopening until possibly June.

Still waiting on medical/psych here. I assume my poly is good because it's been since end of January and haven't heard anything. My active clearance should carry over to DEA but with COVID-19 I doubt I will get in to do medical/psych anytime soon.

Comment

I am looking for a point of contact within OPM regarding backgrounds. I submitted my eQip in December. I have had no movement. I see some people had backgrounds contacted even this month. If you have a point of contact inside OPM please message it to me.

Comment

• WannabeAgent
              WannabeAgent commented
              Editing a comment
              Levithane I submitted my eQip this week and it was still done through the OPM link, not sure if they contract out to DCSA or how that is handled, but the eQip at least is still going through OPM. Fortunately because everything auto populated from my previous BI's. Either way hopefully goes quick.

• Bod6
              Bod6 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’d reach out to DEA HR. About 3 weeks after submitting my eQip I was emailed by DEA HR and they told me that they were processing it, so it appears it is processed by DEA (at least in my case). After the poly your eQip will be sent DSCA to start your background. Doesn’t appear OPM had anything to do with the process minus the fact that the SF-86 online platform is theirs.

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              WannabeAgent thats because all of the forms are still issued under OPM. The fed hasn't gotten around to changing forms to reflect DCSA, no idea if they ever will. NBIB which was the personnel investigative arm was moved over to DCSA/DOD. All of the agents and contractors now have DCSA/DOD issued credentials.

Bod6 DEA is just the agency that sponsors/requests an investigation to be conducted on you. Once they submit your paperwork DCSA takes over, the timeframe for completion is outside of DEA's control.

• Bod6
              Bod6 commented
              Editing a comment
              Levithane that’s what I mean. Doesn’t sound like the packet has made its way to an investigator yet.

Anyone know the locations that are hard to fill and most likely to have openings for new recruits? Specifically, is Chicago in that?

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              Really? Local news in Chicago covered DEA within the last 2 years, the SAC seemed to indicate they needed more people.

• WannabeAgent
              WannabeAgent commented
              Editing a comment
              SW border is always hard to fill. Anything interior is always on a rotating, needs of the service, basis depending on vacancies in various regions/offices at the time. Whats available for one class doesn't necessarily mean those same locations will be available for the next (outside of SW border and Puerto Rico).

• Bentley32
              Bentley32 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are most new agents assigned to the SW border or do they typically get their preferred location?

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              All over the place. Here's my biased experience. 3 new agents going to or coming from the academy last year at the info session I attended- one got #1pick,l in their list, one got #2 pick, one got #3 pick. Then two interns I spoke to this year. Both got nothing on their top 3, random locations DEA gave them.
              Granted all 5 of those people were spanish speakers. Now that I think of it, only one of them went to SW border. One was PR, NJ I think?, Mass, Nor Cal and So Cal. So IMO, no rhyme or reason to it.

I have asked before but never got a response. I believe my background was initiated after my poly was scheduled, but was ‘complete’ before I took my poly (had the sit down and all my neighbors/etc were contacted prior to taking the poly). Does this sound right ? I have since scheduled my medical and have been contacted a couple times by the BI from DSCA regarding follow up questions related to what I already told them (they said they destroyed their notes after writing up my report, but were asked to follow up on a few minor things).

should I be notified if my background passes or fails, or is no news good news as I progress through the process.

during one of the phone calls from the DSCA agent, they asked if I had started the job yet, so I imagine that is the extent of the background, but judging off of posts from this forum, most Backgrounds don’t seem to start until after the polygraph.

The only things I have left are medical (4/27,4/29), drug test and psych
            Last edited by Spr5088; 04-22-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              If you applied before 2018/2019 it sounds like the background was done before a polygraph, now the polygraph is done before the background. I don't know what kind of investigator they assigned you but destruction of notes is a big no no. Follow ups are normal, sometimes the person reading over the report wants more info, sometimes the investigator misses information or needs a clarification, it happens.

• Spr5088
              Spr5088 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was announcement 2019-2. do applicants normally get adjudicated after their entire process, or can that happen before the psych?

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              Theres no direct answer for that question. If you had a prior or current TS clearance/adjudication it can speed things up. Time to adjudication is dependent on how extensive your background is. If you have been in the same spot for 5 to 10 years with no issues, and haven't held too many other jobs it shouldn't take long to finish the report. What lengthens the process is things like corona virus stay at home orders, and trying to meet with people that have tight schedules. The part that takes the longest is waiting from the time the report is submitted until the adjudicator reads the findings. For the most part people aren't adjudicated until they are at the tail end of a federal process, happens sooner sometimes but that's rare.

2019-2 has the polygraph coming before the background, I only know that because thats the announcement I was in until withdrawing. As far as notifications go, you are only notified if you are not successfully adjudicated or are denied clearance. When I was going through the whole TS background around 2 years ago, all I got was notification by the Federal Contractor to report to X location for training.

• Spr5088
              Spr5088 commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks for the response. i guess i am a little confused as to why my background was initiated a couple months before my poly was held since it seems that the background shouldnt have started until after poly.

Anyone know if the drug screen is part of the medical or is it a separate event?

Comment

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Separate event. I was able to get it done mid march too right as everything was getting crazy.

• Bod6
              Bod6 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool thanks. Do they contract that part out or is it done by DEA?

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Contracted out

• Bod6
              Bod6 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you nonotnow

So disappointed... I had my poly scheduled towards end of March, but received another state SA offer. I accepted that and withdrew from DEA because the state's start date was early March and I also had to move states for it. Well their academy got cancelled and I got sent back home literally same week. I could have continued my process if I didn't rush to withdraw.

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              You would still be in the same position you are now. People who had polygraphs in March had them cancelled. What would have ended up happening is that yours would have been cancelled then rescheduled, more than likely at a date when you were returning to training.
              Last edited by Levithane; 04-25-2020, 02:53 PM. Reason: grammar.

• lifewisdom
              lifewisdom commented
              Editing a comment
              Is withdrawing from the process a one and final? If anything you should be able to apply under a new announcement and pick up where you left off. Granted that some steps have an expiration date.
              Last edited by lifewisdom; 04-27-2020, 01:33 AM.

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              lifewisdom You aren't barred if you withdraw. When I spoke to my recruiter a month or 2 ago I was told I could apply to a new announcement if I withdraw from the announcement I was in. Before the other thread got deleted (for unknown reasons) the only things that didn't expire was the interview and written test from what someone else posted. The other parts (medical, polygraph, etc) do expire.

Still nothing regarding academy.... Anyone got updated info?

Comment

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              My BI said he got a call from OPM stating they need clarification on a couple things. Guess that's still working in this craziness. Dunno if DEA HQ is. Haven't heard of anyone getting contact from them though in all of this.

• SEMFIDELIS
              SEMFIDELIS commented
              Editing a comment
              I was able to talk to a guy who talked to a guy

• Spr5088
              Spr5088 commented
              Editing a comment
              and what did you find out?

• SEMFIDELIS
              SEMFIDELIS commented
              Editing a comment
              ? There was more to the message. Basically agencies are planning to reopen for normal business. Thinking this may be true since Administration is trying to reopen gov asap.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5906 users online. 383 members and 5523 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X