X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nonotnow
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2008

USMS Schedule B 2020

Seeing if anyone has heard about info sessions in 2020. I'm emailing my recruiter for ones in May possibly in the NE region. Made it to the assessment last year but didn't pass. Anyone reapplying or wanting to reply should post in this thread. If you're looking for info on applying I'd suggest the USMS 2019 thread. Tons of good info in there.
  • jimmycoughdrops
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2016

You have to wait a year before you can retake the assessment.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Jimmy aren't you a DUSM?

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah when I reapply it would put me at a year. HR said the same plus my interview would carry over. Talked to the local recruiter who said the next info session was exactly a year from the last one I took.
  • Jwebb514
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2015

Couple quick questions on the PT test for anyone who knows:

Are the pushups “continuous motion” like the FBI test or can you rest in the “up position”?

Are there set rest times between events like the FBI?

Thanks!

Comment

• cudder
      cudder commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you can rest in the up position. The rest times are kind of dependent on whoever is administering your FIT. They usually give you a couple of minutes rest in between exercises and if I remember correctly I had about a 5 minute rest before the run portion.
  • tluster
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2011

Are all job announcements posted on USA Jobs? I’ve always wanted to work for the Marshals but always seem to miss the job announcement for applying.

Comment

• Jwebb514
      Jwebb514 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not anymore. You have to reach out to a recruiter to get a seat at a regional information session and that starts the process. The website has phone numbers for recruiters in their recruiting section.
  • nonotnow
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2008

Hit up a recruiter I know and he said they got info this past week on information sessions coming down. Super stoked to get this process going again.

Comment

• nonotnow
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2008

Hit up a recruiter I know and he said they got info this past week on information sessions coming down. Super stoked to get this process going again.

Comment

• PA_Ed
        Fight On!
        • Jan 2018

Would anyone be so kind to shed some light on this for me, I have my assumptions. I attended an info session on December 2018 in DC. Since that point in time, I have heard nothing. I emailed "[email protected]" who responded:

"At this time, you are currently active in the recruitment process. We will contact you when we need additional information. We thank you for your patience."

How should I respond to their email response? I feel fairly confident that I am not moving forward in their process at this time and "being active in the recruitment process" is their way of telling me "we have your information and you're in our database but no action will be taken on your applicancy." lol.

Comment

• Costanza
          Costanza commented
          Editing a comment
          Preach brother! I'm in the same boat with the same reply. Who KNOWS. Very odd hiring process to say the least.
      • ZM Smith
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2019

Do you need to contact a recruiter within the region they are going to be hiring? or can you just contact your local office and they will let you know when an info session is?

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd contact a local recruiter. I'm still waiting on info myself. Going to reach out again soon.
      • La_Bamba
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2017

jimmycoughdrops word on the street is the next round of information sessions will be geographical (i.e. one on east coast, one on the west coast, and one in the midwest) putting the responsibility on the potential applicant to get themselves to the information session no matter how far away it is from their area. Any truth to this? If true, I figure its good information to have for those interested in the next round.

Comment

• ZM Smith
          ZM Smith commented
          Editing a comment
          Any new information on this? Tried contacting my local recruiter but we seem to be playing phone tag

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          My recruiter said no concrete info from HQ. They did info sessions starting in May last year so I expect possibly the same this year.
      • nonotnow
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2008

Some info sessions have been updated thru recruiters. Reach out to them, still waiting on details myself.

Comment

• Kmiech
          Kmiech commented
          Editing a comment
          Anything in NY/NJ?

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I think NY is where they are. No concrete dates yet. I was told next month.
      • nonotnow
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2008

Talked to my recruiter today. No news on information sessions so I'm sure it's been postponed until further notice.

Comment

• Grey De Leon
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2011

Reached out to the one in South Florida before this whole COVID19 response kicked off and there wasn't one planned but will give me a heads up for the next one.

Comment

• nonotnow
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2008

Anyone heard any info sessions coming back online soon? Think I might hit up my recruiter this week.

Comment

• nonotnow
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2008

Just got notice they are starting info sessions in July pending everything opens back up

Comment

• Mike01
                Mike01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Does this also encompass the recent graduate announcement they posted last week?

• nonotnow
                nonotnow commented
                Editing a comment
                No itll be separate direct hire or schedule B if theres a difference.
            • Armygreens87
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2020

Anybody hear anything? No July info session I’m assuming.

Comment

• nonotnow
                nonotnow commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing on my end. I thought I would since covid cases have been declining in my area.

• Yak
                Yak commented
                Editing a comment
                Deleted...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25182 users online. 64 members and 25118 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...