X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamoStu
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2020

Originally posted by Chicks406
    In the TOL it states you will receive next steps for medical and background within 45 days. Medical came quick and am getting that done next week. I have not heard anything from BIP email for the eQIP process. I am coming up on 45 days from email. So far the process has been quick. Just curious if anyone else is in the same situation.
    My offer came May 21st and i just got my invite for Eqip on Monday the 12th. I believe that’s about 51 days.

Comment

• Chicks406
      Chicks406 commented
      Editing a comment
      Copy, thank you. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss something in the email.

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I submitted my eQIP almost three months ago and haven’t heard a word. Seems like that’s unusual to wait so long after turning it in. Anyone agree or disagree?

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like it's on the long end. I've heard of one recent applicant who submitted the eQIP, talked to a BI, and apparently was cleared in a couple weeks.

I've heard nothing, haven't been asked to send in the eQIP even. I'm assuming they're accepting my current OPM clearance...but I don't know. I've asked HRD for an update and have just been told I'm not cleared yet.

• Chicks406
      Chicks406 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not even been sent the eQIP to fill out. I understand it might take a while, I just did not want to mess something up on my end. The TOL stated "OSP-BIB will contact
      you within 45 days from the date they received the above-requested forms".
  • ELleo215
    Forum Member
    • May 2021

Has anyone heard anything about when academy classes will start? I just finished my medical exam and talked to my investigator on the same day.

Comment

• futureFLEO
      futureFLEO commented
      Editing a comment
      july just started a few days ago, august is filled and leaves in a few weeks (last one for FY21). No word on when the FY22 classes will be yet.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I've heard January is the likely earliest date for FY22. Nothing official yet. I'm assuming that the people sitting in district are going to be prioritized for that, and then the other people who were cleared for hire in 2019.
  • ranger things
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2021

For those who were told that your medical cleared and background were adjudicated how long did that seem to take? and for those who were never told, who did you contact to find out and how long did you wait before contacting them?

Comment

• LeoGrind33
      LeoGrind33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will second what Crash Cart said. I am on very similar timeline with medical/background. I emailed DUSM Exam and they were pretty responsive. They informed me that I had successfully cleared the background phase but said that my medical was still pending. I then emailed the Medical email address and never received a response. I submitted my VA Rating paper work when I had my med exam so I am expecting a rebuttal by their department before I eventually get cleared. But it would be great to get those two pre-employment boxes checked off and be on standby for any FIT test(s) dates that could come up.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you both get your tentative offer? I still haven’t cleared background and had my offer early April. I have a current top secret

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Appreciate the info

• LeoGrind33
      LeoGrind33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I received my TOL in December. Winter - I would be willing to bet that they will accept your Top Secret. Heck it’s the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency who is doing background’s for USMS. Did you get your TS through Military or DOD? It’s strange it seems that having a TS has caused a lag for some folks as they progress through these stages vs. guys with Secret/Public Trust
      Last edited by LeoGrind33; 07-18-2021, 03:57 PM.
  • BigZ152
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2020

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I’m a recent graduate (24years old). Is it impossible to able to obtain a Deputy position within the USMS? I have no experience/military-like the people I did the info session with, and it’s about to be a month and a week that I haven’t received a referral email. The only thing I can say is I did an internship within the USMS, but again is it impossible to even try without any prior background ? Thanks.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I know people who aren't prior military or LE have been referred, but they won't get the application invite as quickly necessarily. All you can do is apply and keep trying to obtain experience. I'd work as a CO or a local officer if you can in the meantime, or consider joining the National Guard / Reserve. You'll obtain experience that can allow you to answer yes to more of the screening questions (experience with radios, search, seizure, arrest, security, etc.).

• bghny1995
      bghny1995 commented
      Editing a comment
      There's also a separate listing every so often for recent graduates so there's definitely a chance especially if you're able to get into that pool
  • JamoStu
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2020

Submitted my Eqip and completed medical last week. I’m sure i have another 2 years unless i get DQ’d for some reason lol. Interviewed in SLC in April and received TOL in May i believe.

Comment

• Dbc471
      Forum Member
      • May 2021

Pretty much all of you guys are ahead of me. Still haven't heard anything after my referral. 14th of last month.

Comment

• Rocket88
        Rocket88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not me. Still waiting on results of resume/assessments. From everything I’ve read on these forums, should be hearing something in the next few days.

• Dbc471
        Dbc471 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rocket88 it was exactly a month to the day for mine. What info session did you attend?

• Rocket88
        Rocket88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dbc471 I went to Fort Smith back in March. Submitted resume/transcript/assessments on June 20th. Hoping to hear back soon.
    • Doc_Hal
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2015

Hey all,

Submitted my application June 11th and just got the email saying I’m both eligible and referred for Deputy this afternoon. What have other people’s timelines looked like for when they find out when and where their structured interview will be? Thanks.

Comment

• Rocket88
        Rocket88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Received mine today as well. Was wondering the same.

• Dbc471
        Dbc471 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Doc_HalIVAHN I got my referral on 6/14, but still haven't got an interview email. From others I have found on here, it appears that the interview has typically been set for around 2 months from the referral date. Many people on here say that the interview was 3 to 4 weeks from the interview notification email.

Rocket88 did you actually receive the referral email?

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was referred May 28th, got the email to schedule the interview the same day. Each person's process is different, so don't take it as a bad thing if it takes a bit longer for you.

• Rocket88
        Rocket88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dbc471 Yes, I received the e-mail today saying I was referred for both GL 5 and 7.
    • Gabulldogs88
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2021

Afternoon,

Did anyone here go to the interview in Philly? If so, have you received a TOL or any other email?
      Thanks.

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        I interviewed in Philly. Have not received a TOL yet. I'm gonna guess we get word some time next week.

• Gabulldogs88
        Gabulldogs88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah I was hoping this week. How long does it normally take? Just curious.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't say for sure, but following what I see on this thread, people are generally getting TOLs about 1-2 months after the structured interview. We're coming up on a month this week, so next week is my optimistic guess.
    • IVAHN
      Forum Member
      • May 2021

I got my referral for GL 5 earlier this week, but it stated that I was ineligible for GL 7. Under their own qualifications, I’m fairly certain I qualify for GL 7 because I have well over 1 year of specialized experience. Who should I contact to see if there was possibly a mistake made?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        You can contact HRD. I have not heard of people having success in that situation though.

• DB9173
        DB9173 commented
        Editing a comment
        You might have the experience for a 7 but on your resume you might of lacked the articulation that shows you qualified for it.

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        DB9173 might be onto something there. I went into great detail documenting my experience to justify their GL7 requirements.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Federal HR departments are notorious for this. For example, if the vacancy says two years of graduate education qualifies you based on education, and you just list that you had an M.S. in something, you might not qualify.

Sometimes you have to explain and over-articulate the obvious, that a master's or law degree program is two to three years of education. I always list the dates. I've even started listing specific courses that are relevant because I don't trust HR to not throw my application in the garbage. I sometimes think they're processing high volumes and look for reasons (even inaccurate ones) to weed out candidates.
    • Dbc471
      Forum Member
      • May 2021

They just posted a new training video on Youtube. Here is the link. Get a weighted vest and do a lot of calisthenics.

Last edited by Dbc471; 07-24-2021, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        What type of weighted vests do they use at Glynco? I have a cheap one from Amazon now.

• Dbc471
        Dbc471 commented
        Editing a comment
        Winter_Patriot I think they train in their plate carriers. Do you have a plate carrier? I am about to get a new one for SOG at my dept and I am going to start using it.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I have some plate carriers, I just need to try some steel plates then.
    • Yak
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2020

Has anyone ever been contacted from an agency to conduct medical, poly, PT test, or any other parts of the application process while in an academy for another agency? I intentionally staggered applications in the hopes of not having this happen, but some applications are moving along very fast, applications with less preferred agencies. I'd hate to turn down an offer and then also end up not getting hired by the other agencies in the end. Or having to withdraw from the process and start all over. I guess that's the risk of applying to numerous places, but I was curious if anyone has any personal experience with this and what was the result.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        I staggered my applications too. Despite that, I would have been in one academy when USMS interviews happened. I ended up withdrawing from that process so I could stay available for USMS interviews. I think the only thing they’ll reschedule medical or FIT if you’re on military deployment/training. Doesn’t hurt to ask.
    • Rocket88
      Forum Member
      • May 2017

You guys that have received TOLs post COVID, what’s the timeline from referral to interview? I’ve seen everything from an entire year to two months. A year seems like the exception and not the rule. I’m sure everyone’s experience is different, but just trying to get a general consensus.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        For me, nearly two months. I was referred mid-January, interviewed mid-March. TOL about two or three weeks later in early April.

• Dbc471
        Dbc471 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rocket88, hopefully we will be hearing something soon and have our interviews in the same email.

• Rocket88
        Rocket88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dbc471 I got my referral e-mail on the 20th. Nothing inside the e-mail except for the referral notice.

• Dbc471
        Dbc471 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rocket88 I got my referral on June 14th, same thing for me
    • Dbc471
      Forum Member
      • May 2021

Rocket88 mine was June 14th, same thing.

Comment

• Gabulldogs88
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2021

Has anyone here taken the FIT test? It doesn’t look that hard but I’ve heard they make it very difficult. Any insight?

Comment

• DB9173
          DB9173 commented
          Editing a comment
          The FIT test isn’t difficult but it’s very strict. When you get to the academy, it is more difficult. Just make sure you actually workout.

• Gabulldogs88
          Gabulldogs88 commented
          Editing a comment
          That makes sense. The first time I took the PT test for the DEA I failed along with almost everyone else. Couple Rangers and SF guys failed.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          ^That failure anecdote is shocking. Why do so many people fail the DEA PT test? Is the DEA full of physical specimens?
      • surfnturf90
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Gabulldogs88
        Has anyone here taken the FIT test? It doesn’t look that hard but I’ve heard they make it very difficult. Any insight?
        It’s pretty standard fare.

Pushups: go down till you touch an instructors fist, lock out elbows on the way up, rest in the up position if necessary. They’re strict about going all the way up and down.

Sit-ups: fingers have to remain interlocked somewhere on the head/neck, bottom part of shoulder blades have to touch on the way down, elbows have to hit the top of the knee on the way up, butt has to stay on the ground.

Sit&Reach: knees locked, feet flat against the box, continuous motion when moving the slider, best of two tries.

1.5mi run: run forrest run

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21233 users online. 63 members and 21170 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...