Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost overlooked this thread (there are so many related to USMS). By popular request, my US Marshals basic profile page is now live. I will continue to add content over time.

https://www.specialagents.org/usms

-SA Blog

Comment

• So for the 22 JAN folks, I assume if you are referred they will schedule an Interview at some point following? In the past USMS threads it seemed Interview was first followed by the invite to apply/assessments and referral. But i remember the invite email saying due to Covid they decided to to do Applications first.
      I wonder how long we will wait for interviews if we are referred.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gonna be a while bro. Not to be a Debbie downer but it’s just the truth. Bunch of us are cleared for hire and haven’t heard anything yet. It was 5 months from interview to TOL then 6 months from TOL to Medical being cleared. 3 months from eQIP to the all clear for hire pending FIT. It will be 2 years for me as of July. 14 months in total of just waiting.

• Just got an email to schedule an interview.

Comment

• Lwoods633
        Lwoods633 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you test on 22 Jan? I haven't heard anything yet.

• Yea, same here. Probably not going to be able to make it. Does anybody know if there are any other interview locations/dates or is it all or nothing for this one?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        It doesn't sound like they're going to accommodate people who aren't available on those five days. Failure to respond by the deadline means you're withdrawn from the process. Not sure if that is the same as being unavailable to interview that week.

• Bbreezie
        Bbreezie commented
        Editing a comment
        You should be fine if you can not make it to this one you can respond saying I am not available and then they will put you on a list to be notified for the next time and interview occurs. It happened to my buddy and he had to fly the DC the next time.

• beattheodds7051
        beattheodds7051 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where are the interview locations?

• When did you all attend information sessions?

Comment

• BK4448
        BK4448 commented
        Editing a comment
        October 2020. Well, that sucks. Looks like i'll be out. I wasn't sure if they did interviews via Zoom with covid.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too, in San Diego.

• beattheodds7051
        Editing a comment
        Congrats gents. I attended info sesh October 2020 also applied and took assessments. Nothing for interview on my end so far

• The interview requirements seriously suck. Going to have to fly halfway across the country for this one, when in the past they've done remote interviews or at a local field office.

But whatever, I'm still in. I'd fly to Alaska to interview to be a DUSM. See you guys there.
      USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
      08Mar21 Interviewed
      19Mar21 TOL Received
      16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      25Jan21 Applied
      18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• beattheodds7051
        Editing a comment
        I went to Info session at SDNY... I wouldn't mind taking a trip to interview somewhere it hasn't been 28 degrees everyday and snowing every week. More snow coming in tonight/tomorrow... Pray for me and all the crashes I'll be taking

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly how long ago in the past? I had an info session 12/18 and interviewed 05/19.. i drove 4 hours from my interview and met people that flew from across the country.....both the DUSMs that interviewed me flew in to TX from NC just to do interviews

• beattheodds7051
        Editing a comment
        I thought interviews were going to be through Skype/virtual since COVID
        Last edited by beattheodds7051; 02-17-2021, 01:04 PM.

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        ^ Same. Another applicant somewhere here said he/she interviewed over the phone, so it was surprising to see them say in the e-mail that they ONLY do in-person interviews.

• Where are the interviews happening?

Comment

• Dallas was the one I received.

Comment

• Those that got interviews today. Did you test on the 22nd of Jan or 18 Dec? I tested on 22 Jan and haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

• Bbreezie
            Bbreezie commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes if we got the email it was cause we tested in December and referred Jan 8th.

• beattheodds7051
            Editing a comment
            I tested in December and was referred Jan 15th, have not gotten an email yet

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            I tested in December and was also referred January 15th, for GL-5 and GL-7.
            Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 02-24-2021, 03:43 PM.

• HR just confirmed my interview for 03/12.

Comment

• TXSP
            TXSP commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder how many people received the email to request an interview date/time slot. Five per day @ 5 days is only 25 interviewees. Unless I’m missing something? It took me 36 minutes to reply to their email, hope it was quick enough for “first come first served”... I haven’t received a reply or confirmation, glad you did though.

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            My guess is that they have multiple interviews running at each time slot. Considering the number of people who applied and their hiring needs, I can't imagine there are only 25 people here out of everyone who applied in December.

I replied to their email about 10 minutes after receiving it. I'm sure you'll hear something soon.

• TXSP
            TXSP commented
            Editing a comment
            That makes way more sense than what I was thinking - I wasn’t thinking about them having enough interviewers there to run multiple people for each time slot.

• Interview scheduled. This process is arduous, but I’m pleasantly surprised at the pace.
          With great power comes great response times.

Comment

• Checkmate
            Checkmate commented
            Editing a comment
            How long after they sent the e-mail did you respond? I responded 1 hour after they sent it and haven't heard back... :/

EDIT: Nevermind, I see earlier you said it was 36 minutes.

• Bbreezie
            Bbreezie commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you get an email back with the date and time or just sent the email out.

• Checkmate
            Checkmate commented
            Editing a comment
            Phew just got my interview confirmed with my first choice time/date. Guess it worked out.

• I got my interview on the 10th.

question though if we are schedule B and being picked up out of the office you are being recruited for how does choosing the locations work then.

Comment

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            At ours they told us we'd be placed in the region we attended the info session at, but no guarantees we'd get back to the district we did the session at.

• Bbreezie
            Bbreezie commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok makes sense. Cause I got an email from one of the deputies saying you just be willing to work the southern district of San Diego and or el centro please confirm before moving on.

• Checkmate
            Checkmate commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told at my info session that we would be staying in the DISTRICT that the info session was in (Arizona). But the e-mails for interviews seem to indicate that we could go anywhere. Confusing.

• TXSP
            TXSP commented
            Editing a comment
            I expect they will fill the SWB first - and then take into consideration your preference within the SWB region. If I get hired on, I 95% expect to be on the border anywhere from Laredo to San Diego. I do believe that above all else, they want to reinforce/support their ability to send you wherever they want. I just don’t want to live in NYC or LA.

• Deleted ....
          Last edited by Northernheat; 02-19-2021, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Anyone that went to the Charlotte NC recruitment session hear anything back yet? Still crickets on my end.

Comment

• Yak
              Yak commented
              Editing a comment
              Just the invite to apply and take the assessment.

• Anyone one from the NY area get invite to interview?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3878 users online. 227 members and 3651 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X