Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any general info on this assessment we'll have to do? Is it similar to the FBI Phase I or the SAEE (for those who took those)?

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a usms "study guide " on Google that gives you a basic understanding of what it is. Other than that there's a course you can take thats a prep for it.

Here's the usms assessment info guide straight from the agency. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...RCCv_HluGqA8kg

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn't seem TOO bad from that study guide. The decision making portion seems pretty subjective though.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      The study guide is not really representative of the current writing assessment. There are a variety of questions that might throw a person off, compared to other fed and local LE assessments I've taken.

SE region

Applied and finished assessment. Written is tough.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Surprisingly difficult. I have seven years of experience as a lawyer and I've never seen something so nitpicky. I had to think hard on some of those questions.

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm assuming its just wait and see after taking the assessment? no immediate indication whether you passed or not?

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn’t receive anything indicating how I scored. As far as I know, no one else has either. I went to an info session late October and received the application invite in mid December.

What wave is this now? for the test GG GL

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      The wave system has never really clear to me. If each wave is determined a break in time of 1-3 weeks between application invites, then I think we are in wave 2 or 3 now. The first invites went out second or third week of December.

Seems as if "Wave 2" for applicants to apply and take assessment has started today..

Comment

I'm not really getting this wave process. Is it done by district? Is it by region? For example, people who attended info sessions in October got invites to apply in December. Some of us from October did not, but we did get an email yesterday saying we "have been selected to continue in the recruitment process for the Deputy U.S. Marshal position." The email seems to have come from USMS Recruitment, but the email title had the District you attended your info session in. At the same time, people who attended info sessions in December (after us) are getting invites to apply now too...so they leap frogged us. I have talked to a few people from my district info session, and none of us got the link to apply yet. It's just a weird process to me.

Comment

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the Federal Government.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        parkscout93, indeed, but even when compared to some other hiring processes, it seems a bit disjointed.

Originally posted by NYC1175 View Post
      I'm not really getting this wave process. Is it done by district? Is it by region? For example, people who attended info sessions in October got invites to apply in December. Some of us from October did not, but we did get an email yesterday saying we "have been selected to continue in the recruitment process for the Deputy U.S. Marshal position." The email seems to have come from USMS Recruitment, but the email title had the District you attended your info session in. At the same time, people who attended info sessions in December (after us) are getting invites to apply now too...so they leap frogged us. I have talked to a few people from my district info session, and none of us got the link to apply yet. It's just a weird process to me.
      I tend to think it is by district or that each wave is several weeks of info sessions.

I know folks who are extremely qualified, current fed LEOs, who got invites a few weeks after I did. Infinitely more qualified than me — able to answer yes to every single thing on the questionnaire when I answered yes to about half. And they also went to info sessions a month after me.

Comment

Speaking of info session, does anyone know of any upcoming ones in their area? I've already contact 3 districts in California but one isn't allowed to do sessions because of COVID, the other is waiting for word, and the last one had one in October already. So I might take a look outside of California to get on.

Comment

• beattheodds7051
          beattheodds7051 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would look at surrounding states and keep calling districts... persistence is key. That's how I got a hold of a deputy who then got me in contact with the recruiter.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          You will need to call around and probably travel at this point. Many/most districts aren't holding info sessions due to COVID. I called 20-30 places before getting an invite. Ultimately I ended up with about four or five invites total in the fall and winter of 2020.

• Srok1
          Srok1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys. beattheodds7051 Winter_Patriot

Cant find much on the Utah area so thought id post my recent experience.
        Went to info session on November 20, 2020 at the Salt Lake City courthouse, and received email on Jan 21 that i have been selected to continue the recruitment process but still haven't taken the online test yet.
        Also if it helps anyone im a veteran and almost have my MBA.

Comment

• OficialDDD
          OficialDDD commented
          Editing a comment
          Just be patient. If you received an email that you are continuing the process, then you are fine. The hiring process is different for each region and for each applicant. Some applicants that had info sessions in October 2020 are still waiting for the announcement invite, whereas I have already received the announcement invite and my info session was in December 2020.

• Srok1
          Srok1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep us in the loop if anything changes. That's not too long ago in terms of Fed LE timelines.

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          It varies per region and the from what I have been told they pick in choose who they want from what a friend of mine said but hey I could be wrong I'm sure you will hear something back soon. I honestly wouldn't doubt the marshals pick and choose who they want to move forward first then fill
          In the gaps it is just my opinion but who knows maybe others know more than me. Best of luck stay alert and only time will tell.

• I attended my info session in Dec. 2020 in Mobile AL. I received the usajobs application invite on 13 Jan and applied and took the assessment on the 22nd. I haven't heard anything since then but the application link is still open for a few more days. I will say that the test was not what i expected. Best of luck to everyone. Fingers crossed I'm still in the running.

Comment

• Srok1
          Srok1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck.

• I went to the info session in california in October got the email for the test in December and got my referral letter January 8th saying I was referred to the hiring manager but nothing since. Just wanted to see if the info helps anyone. I'm a current FED LEO and veteran.

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe the next step is an invitation to interview. After that comes then tentative offer.

Historically these come in roughly 30-day intervals but that was pre-COVID. Hoping to get the interview invite sometime in the next few weeks.

• Srok1
          Srok1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn, hopefully we'll see another info session in California sometime this year. Good luck!

• Lwoods633
          Lwoods633 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you have any clues that you passed prior to the email?

• Checkmate- hopefully I will hear something back in the coming weeks but I just go with the flow when it comes to these hiring processes.

SROK-1 from what I heard they are still taking names for future info sessions but nothing concrete yet.

Lwoods- I honestly had no clue when it came to the test and all but a friend of mine is a deputy in the office I applied for and he said getting referred is one of the harder parts of the hiring process. Cause the test weeds a lot of people out.

Hopefully we all get good news in the coming months. Only time will tell.

Comment

• Srok1
          Srok1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the update.

• First time poster, long time lurker.
        Just out of curiousity have any other applicants like myself been referred for the 5 but not the 7? If so what is your background?
        Myself I am current fed leo without a degree and not a veteran.
        Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. Former fed LEO, veteran, no degree.

• Biggreentracktor80
          Biggreentracktor80 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got referred for 5 & 7. Current fed leo, no degree(current student) , not a vet either.

• Has anyone heard anything yet from the 22 January assessments?

Comment

• ChargingForward
          ChargingForward commented
          Editing a comment
          Still crickets in my inbox...

• ranger things
          ranger things commented
          Editing a comment
          Based off of the set of assessments that were taken in December, if we passed the assessment I expect we will get the referrals around the 19th

• Good luck everyone. Hopefully we hear this week then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3847 users online. 186 members and 3661 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X