Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, it was more of an ordeal than I expected. I called my mom and asked her to text me photos of my childhood vaccine records. They only showed a couple vaccines though. Hoping the titers are good enough for HRD. It could be a situation where the clinic was strict but where HRD is reasonable.

• Checkmate
    commented on 's reply
    When I did my original medical for USMS in 2019, none of those issues came up. Strange.

I don't know how on earth I would find childhood vaccine records. I have the vaccine records from the military and my COVID vaccine card.

Blood type documents I have from the American Red Cross donation records.

Sounds like a cluster F.

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    It's weird how every clinic does it a little differently, even when we're using the same forms. I'm not sure why anyone would care what our blood type was prior to the appointment. The labs should all show that anyway.

• TXSP
    commented on 's reply
    They didn’t say anything about blood type at my appointment. I even asked her what mine was since I didn’t know. She said we will find out when they run everything and tell me.

• Winter_Patriot
    replied
    FYI for anyone doing the QTC medical. Once I was at the appointment, I was told I needed documentation about my blood type. I didn’t have that with me. I was still able to complete the rest of the medical. The instructions and forms never asked about blood type.

I brought my adult vaccine records per HRD. The doctor wanted my childhood records too, which I didn’t have. I did bring titer results but they weren’t sure if those would count.

Also, make sure they do the phoria vertical and horizontal tests. One of the screening forms doesn’t require it, but there’s another page where it does come up.
    Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 05-10-2021, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    I think you’re right about the questionnaire ranking system. The people in the first batch are almost always current LEOs or veterans. The rankings don’t always make sense though. One of my friends is an 1811 with prior state LE experience and is in the second batch.

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    No news is usually good news with government job apps.

• NorthLions308
    replied
    Westview87, What i learned from this process is that USMS wont tell you if you passed, only if you failed they will notify you. If you haven't heard anything in over 6 months reach out.

Leave a comment:

• TXSP
    commented on 's reply
    I really think the info session is where they rank you based on the experience questionnaire you fill out. I think they run batches of 48 (one class) applicants at a time through the process. So if you’re not in the first batch, there will be a longer wait, but that’s why you hear of folks getting emails 6 months after a step and they keep moving forward.

• NYC1175
    commented on 's reply
    I got the courtesy email in January 2021 (I attended an info session in October 2020) and got the link to apply and complete the assessment at the end of April. Getting the courtesy email means you were selected to move forward; the wait is just really long.

• Westview87
    replied
    Fun question. Has anyone that has gotten the courtesy email (your in the process) after the info session, then ever gotten a link to apply and complete the assessment. Curious if this is a kind form of the bqa email. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• TXSP
    commented on 's reply
    I didn’t notice a difference between the forms, but didn’t study them that hard. I used all the ones FOH sent me since there were like three extras. Confirmed with the nurse before I left yesterday that she had everything she needed. Said it would go out today and HRD would receive them Monday.

Back to waiting.

• Chicks406
    commented on 's reply
    I received the courtesy email this morning but I assume those are automated and probably just a coincidence I got it today.

• Dug_Diggler
    replied
    Potential judgment day for those in the SLC interview way. Anyone receive any news?

Nothing on my end yet.

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    no problem. It’s a long enough process as it is, didn’t want any of us to get delayed over a paperwork mixup.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3178 users online. 208 members and 2970 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X