Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrenaline54
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting. Thanks for the information! Clears things up.

• bghny1995
    replied
    Does anyone know how the sit and reach portion of the FIT works? Out of every portion of the FIT I think I’m most concerned about that because my hamstrings are far from flexible.

Leave a comment:

• LEOblue
    commented on 's reply
    Great thank you! I’ll go ahead and email them.

• Chicks406
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t have an answer for how long, however, I emailed them last week and I interviewed 4/20 in SLC. I emailed them about a separate issue but they included the fact I passed. So they probably know yours as well.

• Levithane
    commented on 's reply
    Usms requires a Top secret/tier 5 investigation. Source: I and previous co workers at my old job used to investigate people for those positions. Having a secret doesn't help or hinder you from the job, its just something you list on the eqip form that you previously held one. I did no where the amount of field work for secret clearances, compared to TS'. USMS doesn't do polygraphs because they aren't typicallly in the business of writing reports/investigations that result in an individual becoming a convicted criminal. The vast majority of people they go after are already known and convicted criminals.
    Last edited by Levithane; 05-29-2021, 11:15 PM.

• Redbank
    commented on 's reply
    This is from an OIG report in 2005, so it might have changed but looks like you hire on as High Risk Public Trust and then get a secret clearance after finishing training. It looks like some may get TS eventually but I assume that is ones who promote to 1811.

"For applicants who are tentatively selected for employment, the USMS initiates a full background investigation for which OPM investigates all issues necessary for both the high-risk public trust and national security Secret levels. Through this process, the USMS believes it saves resources and eliminates the need to hire deputy marshals on waivers. After the background investigations are completed, applicants who have been approved are hired at the high-risk public trust level and sent to USMS basic training. After basic training is completed, the USMS routinely requests Secret clearances for the new deputy marshals."

https://oig.justice.gov/reports/USMS/e0502/back.htm

• LEOblue
    replied
    How long should you wait after the interview to email recruitment about your status if you passed or failed? I haven’t received neither. From my understanding reading the forums the ineligible emails for the ones who didn’t pass the interview were sent out first.

Did my interview 04/21 in SLC.

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    I know that TS is a Tier 5 equivalent, not sure if Secret is also the same.

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    Did they accept your OPM BI then?

• Chicks406
    commented on 's reply
    How do you receive information on passing the interview? I emailed the recruitment department about the assessment test. In my email I asked about passing the interview, they advised I did pass. However, I assume you don’t usually receive them from the recruitment email? Thanks in advance.

• ranger things
    commented on 's reply
    The sheet itself says that its just for letting them know your preference and that you can still be placed anywhere. The way I looked at it was, if they want to hire me and they cant put me where I wanted they'll still hire me. They're looking to hire the best candidates, period. Not the kind of good candidate that isn't picky so we'll choose them over the better candidate who listed a preferred location..

• TXSP
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve asked that question to people in the agency and cannot get a definitive answer. I don’t think it will bump you ahead or speed things up, but it sure might mean you end up being selected before others who restrict their locations. But I really don’t know.

• griffinlocke
    replied
    Does anyone know that if you mark down "willing to go to any location nationwide" on your geographic preferences sheet as opposed to checking off preferred locations that it will increase your chances of being picked up?

Leave a comment:

• Tayllerr
    commented on 's reply
    Figured it out. As someone pointed out, I didn't read the email thoroughly for the TOL. I responded to the email address with my background forms and not to the listed email aw. So much for all that attention to detail the army taught me haha

• Adrenaline54
    commented on 's reply
    Really? I just got out of the Coast Guard and have an active Secret. I wonder how that would play into the background check.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2423 users online. 163 members and 2260 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X