Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorthLions308
    replied
    Each phase a significant amount of ppl are lost and at some point ppl take other jobs. The Interview, assessment and PT are the main parts tht ppl out of the process. There is a 5% chance tht an applicant gets hired and makes it through the academy. Many try and many ppl fail. Making it pass each phase is a blessing. We are fighting with others throughout the US to land this job.

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    It's an overly tough test that probably isn't representative of the actual job duties. I write regular reports for a federal judge and I've never been as scrutinized as this USMS assessment.

• NYC1175
    commented on 's reply
    Winter_Patriot this makes sense. I consider my grammar skills to be pretty high but the assessment 's grammar section still threw me for a loop.

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    It was a few weeks for me, from application/assessment to referral. I applied late December and interviewed Mid-March 2021. TOL came a few weeks after that. Waiting on the BI and medical process now.

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    I've heard that most applicants are cut by the initial screening questionnaire (the one at the info session), the USAJobs.gov application, and then the assessment online.

• NYC1175
    replied
    Interview scheduled for June. Without violating NDA of course what can I expect?

Leave a comment:

• ChargingForward
    commented on 's reply
    The interview weeds a good amount of people out. I know of at least 4 who received the IN emails, and they were pretty squared away dudes.

• TXSP
    commented on 's reply
    I do believe they are going to hire a bunch of new deputies between now and the end of 2022. I’ve heard 8 classes next FY, but not sure if that’s how many they want to have or if that’s how many FLETC has approved them to have. Either way, that’s a lot.

As far as weeding people out, I’m not sure which step of the hiring process sees the highest percentage of candidates knocked out. Seems like maybe the experience questionnaire at the info session and also the online assessment. Seems like almost nobody failed the interview and then (to an extent) the medical and background are formalities. But I really don’t know….

• BK4448
    replied
    It seems like they're giving out a lot of TOL's. I'm wondering if this is normal or they're looking to do some serious hiring for FY 2022. I wonder how high the percentage is of people who make it all the way through and don't get picked up. That kind of stinks and would be a waste of money for the Marshal Service.

You would think they'd only give out a TOL if they were really serious about a candidate. I'm hoping that's the case for all of us, but it just seems like they don't weed too many out after the interviews. I don't know anybody at the Marshals, so I don't really get a chance to get any "inside" information. Hoping for a massive amount of classes for us all lol.
    Last edited by BK4448; 06-02-2021, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NYC1175
    commented on 's reply
    I got the referral about a month after applying/assessment.

• Dbc471
    replied
    Hi everyone,
    Schedule B 2020 here. Attended info session December 9th, invite and applied on 5/15. Any idea how long for referrals after applying/assessments?

Leave a comment:

• NYC1175
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! TXSP

• TXSP
    commented on 's reply
    Congratulations!

• NYC1175
    replied
    Referred for GL5 and 7. Interview in June. Lets get it.

Leave a comment:

• GardenStateCO
    commented on 's reply
    If you can keep your legs completely straight and put both palms completely flat on the floor you should be fine.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4381 users online. 263 members and 4118 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X