Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicks406
    commented on 's reply
    How long has it been since receiving your TOL?

• LEOblue
    replied
    Completed my interview on 04/21 in SLC and haven’t heard anything since. Neither a ineligible letter or TOL. Anyone else same?

Leave a comment:

• RicardoCrashe
    replied
    Anyone get a TOL and not get contacted for medical/drug/background?

Leave a comment:

• LanceWhite
    commented on 's reply
    Great point, I have heard of several people being reassigned to E/OK that are either in the academy or awaiting a date.

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    There are no interims to my knowledge either. Some agencies like DEA (DI) used to accept interims but have since gotten away from that practice due to being burned. Closest you will get is probably your adjudicated clearance being relied on by USMS. There's no "accelerated" or interim process like the DEA does or has done in the past.

• ATG1729
    commented on 's reply
    6 day work weeks are the exception, not the rule. They were doing it while FLETC was under heavier COVID restrictions to try to speed up the classes and get people in and out faster. The other time it's happened recently is a class a couple years ago got sent home for like 10 days or something due to an approaching hurricane, so they had training days they had to make up, so they went to 6-day weeks until they were back on schedule. The norm is 5-day training week, though.

• Donjuan85657
    commented on 's reply
    You have to be cleared to be able to have a TS Clearance but don’t have the TS clearance until your read in, sign NDA’s etc.

As to your question - you have to have a complete and adjudicated background prior to the academy. I do not believe the Marshals have done or do interims.

• Mav222
    replied
    Do you need to have a final TS when you start the academy or is an interim ok?

Leave a comment:

• TXSP
    commented on 's reply
    I was told there are lots of six day work weeks in the academy… I haven’t spoken to any recent cadets though.

• Njw85
    commented on 's reply
    Depends on the instructor, but you will receive OT in the academy. We received lots of OT but we had a great instructor. I’ve heard of others not receiving much at all. Just depends. As for the district, good luck with that. Not much OT is handed out like that. Just try to manage until you get your 1811. Most of you are taking paycuts, but it’s what you’ve signed up to do, hopefully in the future the USMS will be granted entry 9 grade levels but who knows if that will ever happen.
    Last edited by Njw85; 06-03-2021, 08:03 PM.

• Checkmate
    commented on 's reply
    ^TXSP, can you comment further on OT at the academy?

• RonDiesel
    replied
    Anyone here from the Colorado info session in March? If yes has there been any update to your process since then? I got the courtesy email about a month ago.

Leave a comment:

• TXSP
    commented on 's reply
    I think you get quite a bit of OT during the academy. But once you get to a district, it’s pretty much up to the district and office you’re in and how busy they are.

• Mav222
    replied
    Anyone know before your a GS11 1811 and just a 0083 if there is over time? a GS 5 is a pretty steep pay cut for me but i don't mind it if I can work overtime to make up for it.

Leave a comment:

• big_bob_69
    commented on 's reply
    Call your local USMS office and ask to speak with a recruiter. Or email if you can find the email address.

They don't really do postings. This is common for Schedule B hiring. If you want to do ATF or DEA, they use a similar process.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4642 users online. 280 members and 4362 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X