300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OficialDDD View Post
    I’ve been invited to attend an info session in the SE Region in early December. I took the online assessments earlier this year for the recent grad announcement and received a passing score (87), but was not referred for any of the locations I put in for. After reading several posts on this thread, I’m assuming my score will be valid for the next announcement.
    Disregard!
    Last edited by Hemlock; 12-01-2020, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Disregard...
      Last edited by jberry811; 12-02-2020, 04:52 PM. Reason: Wrong page

Comment

What’s the attire for Informational Sessions? USSS was legit 2 piece Suit and CBP was business casual for their interviews. USMS says Business Attire but doesn’t specifically state 2 piece suit. May be a dumb question but I’ve only been military for 16 years and have no clue what that would be considered lol. Thanks for the info and the “dress for the job you want” responses.

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          What these guys said. Wear a suit when in doubt. In the civilian sector, business attire usually means, at a minimum, a coat with a button down and trousers. I wore a suit with a tie to my info session. I'd say most of the people in there had a suit and tie but there was some more casually dressed applicants (khakis with a button down, v neck sweaters, and one person who showed up in jeans). Be safe, wear a suit with a tie. The DUSMs all had suits.

• JamoStu
          JamoStu commented
          Editing a comment
          I definitely appreciate all the help. Thank you.

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess this all varies as me and one other guy were the only ones in suits at my info session. Ask your recruiter.

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wear a suit & tie. You can pocket the tie, or even ditch the jacket if you need to.

I guess the consensus is to expect to wait 3-6 months for any contact after the Information Session?

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          It varies. At my info session, we were told 1-2 months. However, things happen, timelines change. I'll be coming up on 2 months waiting here in a couple of weeks. I'm expecting not to hear back until January at this point, but who knows.
          Last edited by NYC1175; 12-10-2020, 10:17 AM.

Just received the following email. I did my info session in San Diego the third week of October. Does everyone who attended get an invite to apply and do assessments then? Or does the USMS cut people between the info session and this invite?

Dear Deputy U.S. Marshal Recruit:
        You recently replied to our email expressing continued interest in the hiring process with the United States Marshals Service (USMS) to become a Deputy U.S. Marshal. However, due to the current health crisis the USMS is temporarily postponing the applicant structured interviews. We will continue to monitor the situation and new dates will be determined at a later time.
        In order to keep the hiring process moving forward, the USMS has decided to offer applicants already in the recruitment process the opportunity to apply to a USAJOBS hiring announcement provided by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). OPM will contact you directly via the email address you provided to the USMS during the recruitment process. You will receive a private link to apply directly to this hiring announcement. The email will come from [email protected] . We expect these invitation links to go out to applicants between Friday, December 18 and Monday, December 21, 2020. Please watch for them during this timeframe. If you do not receive the link from OPM by Tuesday, December 22, 2020, please contact [email protected] and [email protected].
        NOTICE: Do NOT share this link with anyone as each link is provided only for each individual recipient. Multiple applications from the same link will automatically be removed from the hiring process and banned from applying to the USMS again for one (1) year from the date of the infraction.
        Once you apply to the announcement using the link provided, you will be asked to upload and submit hiring documents in the USAJOBS platform. We advise you to read the announcement thoroughly so you can understand the job requirements and the conditions of employment. Also, ensure you read ALL the instructions carefully and follow them. OPM will send links to the online USMS assessments. We have recently been made aware of changes that Yahoo/AOL have made to their email servers that sometimes block OPM invites (and other government related emails). It is very important once you get notice of the online assessment links and do not get them within 24 hours, you contact OPM immediately and tell them about the issue. Applicants who do not take the online assessments will be removed from the hiring process. We advise you NOT to wait until the last day to apply or to take the online assessments.
        The Agency Structured Interview is still a hiring requirement for the position of Deputy U.S. Marshal. Applicants who pass the online assessments and OPM review of qualifications will be placed on a list to receive an opportunity to take a structured interview once new dates are set. Applicants who do not take the structured interview will be removed from this hiring process.
        Thank you for your continued interest in becoming a Deputy U.S. Marshal. We appreciate your patience during this health crisis as the USMS works to adapt our hiring process during these unprecedented times.

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Winter_Patriot, will do brother. I see some east coast guys getting the email as well here, but none from the EDNY info session that I know of, so we'll see.

• beattheodds7051
          beattheodds7051 commented
          Editing a comment
          I attended SDNY info session in October

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          I attended an info session in Phoenix in October and also received this e-mail. I wonder if it went out to everyone who attended an info session.

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate, I'd say at this point they probably selected people to move forward. I attended an info session at the Eastern District in NY on October 26th and have not received the email in question. It seems like most of the October info session attendees are getting them today though (one big email blast).
          Last edited by NYC1175; 12-11-2020, 08:59 PM.

Got the same email, Philly info session.

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did the email come from the District office?

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          My email came from an OPM address.

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Winter_Patriot, that makes sense. It's a centralized email blast from HR. My info session was the week after yours so we will see. It's good to see people finally getting some correspondence to start the process though.

OPM address

Comment

Anyone from October info session from Western District of Texas receiving invite for next step?

Comment

• Kkjackson0421
            Kkjackson0421 commented
            Editing a comment
            I went to the information session in San Antonio on 10/30 and received the same email Winter Patriot received.

Anyone know if they're going to do anymore info sessions any time soon? I assume if they're not doing interviews, then probably not.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Washington (Western) and Oregon either did or are having their info sessions this month I think.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            big_bob_69 check your DMs

Did anyone who attended an info session in NYC late October get that email?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            I thoight so, thanks for confirmation. Well this sucks.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            I attended one at the Eastern District on October 26th, I didn't receive an email. I'm seeing that the ones who attended NY info sessions who did receive one are from the Southern District and attended sessions the week before the 26th. Maybe there is a cutoff and they're being sent in batches? Idk, maybe it's false optimism. In any case, just monitor your emails this upcoming week because if they are going out in batches based on date of info session, maybe we'll see them? nonotnow when was your info session and where?

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Unfortunately my info session was in SDNY and it was 10/25 i believe. NYC1175 I think they did do that last time and broke it up into waves but we'll see. I have a good 1811 gig locked up but wanted the opportunity to move forward on usms too.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            nonotnow I hear you bro. I have a few applications running with other agencies (nothing locked in as of yet though), but the USMS is my dream job mission-wise. Seems the USA Jobs exclusive announcement opens up next weekend so I'll hold out some hope till then haha.

At this point I am thrilled just to receive an e-mail and be addressed as "Deputy US Marshal Recruit" lmao
          USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
          13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
          18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
          16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
          08Mar21 Interviewed
          19Mar21 TOL Received
          16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
          25Jan21 Applied
          18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

Question for anyone who may know: If you don't move forward from a recent info session (did not get invite to test or apply), can you attend another info session in a different region and try again? Is there a waiting period before you can attend another info session?

Comment

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're really interested id read 2019 thread start to finish. The nuances of what I'm trying to say, but doing a poor job, are in there. You may find im totally wrong or you may find people complaing about going to an info session and not getting emails (but other people did, like our situation now) but then months down the line getting that same email Winter Patriot got.

Problem is, we (you and I NYC) most likely won't know for months whether it's good or bad. If you email them in January they'll prob say you're a candidate in the process, wait to hear something. So, like everything else in this fed game, we gotta chill.

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're really interested id read 2019 thread start to finish. The nuances of what I'm trying to say, but doing a poor job, are in there. You may find im totally wrong or you may find people complaining about going to an info session and not getting emails (but other people did, like our situation now) but then months down the line getting that same email Winter Patriot got.

Problem is, we (you and I NYC) most likely won't know for months whether it's good or bad. If you email them in January they'll prob say you're a candidate in the process, wait to hear something. So, like everything else in this fed game, we gotta chill.
              Last edited by nonotnow; 12-14-2020, 03:20 PM.

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              I will check out that 2019 thread. What you said makes sense though. I remember reading about people saying they were wave 1, wave 2, wave 3 etc but wasn't sure exactly what it meant or what determined which wave you were in (besides the time of the info session I guess).

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              I can only state my experience with USMS, I didn't make it after the interview over a year or so ago. I mean this in no disrespectful way, but the hiring process is very disorganized. By disorganized I mean their hiring is all over the place, even one of the DUSM's alluded to this when I spoke with him. I had to more or less conduct an investigation just to find a recruiter (I tracked down a DUSM who previously recruited and no longer did it, in order to go to an info session). It took 7 months just to get no after the interview. Meanwhile after the information session it was about a month in between that and an interview. For those who are in be prepared for the long haul.

Originally posted by NYC1175 View Post
            Question for anyone who may know: If you don't move forward from a recent info session (did not get invite to test or apply), can you attend another info session in a different region and try again? Is there a waiting period before you can attend another info session?
            if you do not move forward after an information session, you can not attend another info session until a year after the first one. You usually will receive correspondence on whether you made it or not.

Comment

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              bghny1995, yeah I remember the surveillance/investigation question now. I definitely answered no to that one.
              Last edited by NYC1175; 12-15-2020, 01:06 PM.

• Njw85
              Njw85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Notonow,

You can’t base your process off of someone else’s experience. He more than likely interviewed from another announcement before schedule b. Just run your own and be and show patience!! I’m working as a deputy so I know. Just continue to stay in shape!! It will come.

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Well so far in this thread only me and NYC1175 haven't gotten an email. Again I know things vary in the fed process from person to person and I'm still holding on that they are divying up applicants for different waves. But I'm also realistic in the fact that I may not be selected as they've emailed a guy that was with me at my info session on 10/25 (and he failed out in 2019 like I did as well) so I could have been passed over. Luckily I'm headed to an 1811 academy in 2021 so I don't feel as bad, I still would have liked to have done the process with usms though.

• bghny1995
              bghny1995 commented
              Editing a comment
              nonotnow I haven't gotten an email yet either and I was at the EDNY session on 10/26, all we can do is hope and wait to hear some good news. I'm sure there are a million factors that could delay getting some sort of news (good or bad)

Edited. May have been an overshare.
            Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 12-23-2020, 01:17 PM. Reason: Edited.

Comment

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like a quick turnaround. Congrats man!

• Checkmate
              Checkmate commented
              Editing a comment
              Same. It kills me to have to come on as GL-5/10, but I will gladly take the temporary pay cut for a chance at this career. Plus I really do like shin ramen noodles and can dress them up nicely with sliced cheese and egg.

Just knocked out the assessment. It appears to be unchanged from the last time I took it in 2018.
            USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
            13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
            18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
            16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
            08Mar21 Interviewed
            19Mar21 TOL Received
            16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
            25Jan21 Applied
            18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• Pirateslayer75
              Pirateslayer75 commented
              Editing a comment
              How long did it take for you to hear back in 2018. I did mine yesterday as well just wondering how long it takes to see if I passed and can move on.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3212 users online. 154 members and 3058 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X