Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dbc471
    commented on 's reply
    No military time. I guess I will turn it down then.

• parkscout93
    commented on 's reply
    Do you have any military time? You might be able to get a waiver for age.

• FNG41YR
    commented on 's reply
    That is correct. VA police will not stop the clock.

• Dbc471
    replied
    So I have a bit of a conundrum. I am 35, just got referred but no interview email yet. I have been trying to snag a sworn fed job to start my time so I don't go over the age. I did an interview with VA Police today and they are probably going to hire me. I turn 36 in January and that's likely when their academy will begin. On the paperwork they sent me to fill out it reads "The present retirement system and disability compensation provisions applicable to most Federal employees also apply to VA Police Officers. The 20 year retirement applicable to some Federal law enforcement personnel does not apply to VA Police Officer". So does this mean that this position will not even start my time regardless? Is it a waste of time? I will have to attend a 10 week academy in Little Rock for the position. It is a GS-0083-6. I appreciate any help, if anyone knows the answer.

Leave a comment:

• NYC1175
    commented on 's reply
    We were told to choose both grade levels regardless of what we qualify for. OPM assigns the grade you get referred at and the working out of which grade you get hired at comes afterwards when you deal with the USMS HRD. If you choose one grade, but you qualify for the other, there is a chance you wont be referred and your application is basically terminated at that point (not referred).

Edit to add: You didn't apply for the GL-7, you won't get referred at the GL-7 regardless of qualifications. OPM can only refer you to the grades you check off on the application.

• Rocket88
    replied
    Just finished up my application and assessments. I know that if you’re only eligible for GL-5 and choose 7 on the application that they won’t automatically drop you to a 5. Was wondering if that’s the case in reverse? I’m 7 eligible, but didn’t know until after I submitted that I could have chosen both. Will they refer me as a 7 if my qualifications match?

Leave a comment:

• Dbc471
    commented on 's reply
    I am waiting on the interview as well. The only thing that I keep seeing is they ask you situational questions relative to your experience. They want detailed answers on those. Be yourself, be real and honest. That's all I know to do.

• BK4448
    commented on 's reply
    I have no idea, but I imagine they must be hurting for people, if they went a while without hiring during covid.

• BK4448
    commented on 's reply
    Yea, I did this as well. Going to call on Tuesday, if I don't hear anything on Monday.

• Dbc471
    replied
    Anyone been hearing about a possible FY22 class happening in October?

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    People have emailed the Exam address to get status updates in the past.

• Bbreezie
    replied
    Chicks406 i would only email the guys on the email you received about medical and sending the it back to HRD it's a specific email that deals with hiring.

Leave a comment:

• Chicks406
    commented on 's reply
    Bbreezie I emailed medical and HRD today. HRD responded and told me not to email them because I am in the hiring process. Just a heads up if anyone is running into the same issue.

• Chicks406
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the information. Will do because I don’t think they are going to get me a date that quick.

• Bbreezie
    commented on 's reply
    If the QTC or FOH do not call back within the week on the 4th or 5th day email the exam email and HRD will tell you that they will find a new location for you. The week thing is nothing to worry about.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2730 users online. 142 members and 2588 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X