Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXSP
    commented on 's reply
    Has your BI been adjudicated and all you need is the FIT?

• Donjuan85657
    commented on 's reply
    Also they should accept your clearance….depends who issued it and how cooperative that security will be with USMS security. I know because they rolled mine over.

• Donjuan85657
    commented on 's reply
    NYC1175 - The timeframe from Interview to TOL is generally a few months. The screeching halt comes after…Medical, Background, sitting in the “Cleared for hire” Purgatory, and just knowing absolutely nothing about what’s going on.

For context; Next week will be two years for me since I attended my info session. Been cleared for hire since early this year. No indication of movement since.

• KingCharles28
    replied
    So everyone just be patient. I am still currently in the process from the July 2018 Hiring. Here is my timeline to give you guys an idea how backed up they are:

July 2018 Application
    October 2018 Referral to Hiring Manager
    October 2019 Interview Invitation
    December 2019 Interview in Dallas, TX (I live in Oregon I mind you)
    December 2019 TOL
    Jan 2020 Medical
    February 2020 Drug Testing
    June 10, 2020 First EQIP and Fingerprint notification
    September 2020 Second EQIP and Fingerprint (Because they did not timely start my background I had to start over)

It was radio silence after that......

I emailed HR June 9 and was advised that my application would remain active until at least December. After that I may have to reapply..... Just be prepared for a long road

Leave a comment:

• NYC1175
    replied
    What were your general timeframes from interview to TOL? Also, does anyone know if they reciprocate current TS/SCI clearances?

Leave a comment:

• ranger things
    commented on 's reply
    LEOblue I heard back within a day after calling QTC and got my appointment scheduled.

• LEOblue
    commented on 's reply
    Has anyone been contacted about their appointment date? I haven’t heard anything.
    Last edited by LEOblue; 06-25-2021, 08:09 PM.

• NYC1175
    commented on 's reply
    Good to know! Mine is tomorrow

• Montey
    replied
    Just completed my SI in Philly, all I can say is read over the prep guide and use the STAR method when answering.

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    One other thing to note -- there's a bill before Congress now to make these VA and static-post type jobs 6c covered. Not sure if it will happen, probably nothing to count on, but it might tip the scales for you. If age is an issue I'd still take the VA job while looking for a 6c covered job that you can do long-term.

• Dbc471
    commented on 's reply
    Winter_Patriot I have heard the same. A buddy of mine was a Marined detached to the USSS. He said they granted waivers for age all the time for such circumstances. I hope that's the case anyway. I wish this VA job was covered, I would have taken it.

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    Sent you a PM. For what it's worth, I was told by one DUSM recruiter that if you apply before age 37, that the agency can/will still appoint you even if you're past age 37 at time of appointment. I've also heard that it's just a "maybe" too.

• Dbc471
    commented on 's reply
    Winter_Patriot I am hoping that I made it through the Marshals Process/Academy before the age cap. I will keep my eyes open. I am kind of hesitant to take a job with some of those due to having to go through their academy, then turn around and do another one with the Marshals.

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    Look at BOP, USCP, USSS (UD and 1811). You will be in before age 37 with either.

The VA job is only helpful to get your foot in the door for a covered job with another agency. Once you are in long enough you may be eligible to apply to non public job postings within the fed government, but you may have aged out by then.
    Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 06-23-2021, 08:08 AM.

• NYC1175
    commented on 's reply
    Apply for the Secret Service Uniform Division or US Capitol Police. Relatively quick hiring processes and they're both 6c covered.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2644 users online. 146 members and 2498 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X