Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email for NE region info session went out today.

Comment

Awesome! What locations in the NE?

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm attending an info session out in Central Islip, NY (Long Island). DM me for details.

Anyone hear of any information sessions starting up in the southeast?

Comment

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m gonna call my local office and ask today. Maybe they’ll know something about this region.

Anyone hear anything on any midwest region sessions?

Comment

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Email the recruiter and they should give you a response.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        I've spoken to a dozen recruiters, and received invites to three different info sessions so far. Nothing about the midwest yet.

I attended an info session in the southwest last week. From my previous experience with Schedule B in 2019, it was roughly 3.5 months from info session until notification to interview. BUT this was during the great 2018-2019 government shutdown, and all hiring was put on hold back then.

If we avoid a shutdown, I'd guess notifications for interviews will go out 1.5-2 months from info session dates. Just an educated guess.

From the interview to tentative offer letter, last time it took 3 months almost exactly.
      USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
      08Mar21 Interviewed
      19Mar21 TOL Received
      16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      25Jan21 Applied
      18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't recall. I should have pointed out that I did the assessment, was rejected for the USAjobs application, THEN applied via the 2019 Schedule B info sessions. So my assessment was still valid.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        During the 2018-2019 vacancy, did you have mil or LEO experience? I'm trying to figure out when someone without those might hope to get an interview notification. I'm in the National Guard currently but don't get veterans preference. I don't have sworn LE experience, although I do work as a criminal prosecutor.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Got it. Yeah I didnt pass the assessment so thats all I can think about that's standing in my way. When I applied to the 2020 June grad announcement my assessment score was taken which sucked.

Winter patriot I do have both. Although I stupidly didnt mark that I was fed Leo at the info session so ill be pretty upset if I don't get invited for an interview. I did put military and answered yes to a couple of LE questions they had so I think I'll be fine.

• Jrod26
        Jrod26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Checkmate, I sent you a DM.

I attended an Information Session in SoCal in late October. I imagine with COVID ramping up, this wave is going to be significantly delayed.
      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

I attended an info session in October and filled out the electronic application at the end of it. I'm a vet with a couple degrees and about 4 years of full-time non-LEO professional work experience. If you don't have LEO experience are you basically SOL on getting into the USMS? I can also confirm that the order is Info Session > Online Assessment > Interview. Do they invite people to take the assessment if they are qualified or do they basically screen applicants the way FAMS did with their application?

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I'm way past my college days so I wouldn't qualify for that.

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          You’ll be alright the USMS hires lots of vets

• IroqouisB
          IroqouisB commented
          Editing a comment
          The DUSMs who facilitated the Information Session were honest and straight up. They told us there are candidates who have been selected with NO military, NO college, and NO LE experience altogether. BUT, having something that makes you stick out from the pack will help - like foreign language proficiency.

However, they were straight up, with the fact if you’re a female with a clean past and good credit; you legitimately have a 75% chance of getting selected - even if your only experience is working at a gas station or something... Because the USMS is doing a huge push for females right now, since the numbers are so low.

As I previously stated, I think COVID is going to continue to have a negative impact on all of our processes.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you have a good shot. Someone in the other Schedule B thread put it this way -- about 1/3 of newly appointed DUSMs are either veterans, former LEOs, or have a degree. About half have two of those three on their resume.

FYI, Oregon and Western Washington are doing info sessions in the near future. I don't think any dates have been set yet, but the recruiting officers there were putting together an invite list. I withdrew my name because I'd already attended an info session.

Comment

• Hemlock
          Hemlock commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve been in contact with the recruiters from my state (two different ones, because one left) and haven’t heard anything (I’m in Montana)

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I suspect it may be awhile before Montana handles information sessions. The federal courts seem to be mainly closed to in-person hearings, which I assume means that COVID19 is also going to delay any in-person federal hiring for those districts. You may be best off reaching out to recruiters from other states, if you're willing to travel.

If a recruit attends an information session in his local district, is there a decent chance he would be hired in that same district? Or do most new hires get relocated across the country?

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          At our info session, they said we would 100% be assigned to the region we applied out of. Whether or not you go back to the specific district you attended an info session at is up in the air. But you will be placed in the region where the district is.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to know. I have heard it both ways on this forum. In San Diego, we were told that the USMS would very likely keep us in that region, but that there was no guarantee. I've spoken to area/district recruiting officers who have said the same thing.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe we too were told not only would we stay in the region that we were applying but the actual state/district.

Anyone have contact info for a recruiter in the Virginia area?

Comment

Anyone from the recent Info sessions (Sept/Oct) hear anything back yet?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm assuming things will be delayed for the people who did information sessions from October forward. That's the impression I got from my information session anyway.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            Winter_Patriot the DUSMs at our info session said expect a month or two between info session and assessment invite from their HRD. Of course it's a fluid situation and everything is up in the air now, but lets hope for best while preparing for the worst. My only concern is if the application we filled out is sort of "self eliminating" like the ones on USA Jobs where if you don't rate yourself high enough, your application isn't even looked at.

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know about the one to two month estimate. The DUSMs in San Diego didn't have that specific info.

I'm also wondering how heavily that questionnaire is weighed. There are some experience questions I could have answered yes to, but I errored on the side of being conservative and not overselling myself. I.E. I have investigations experience and some radio training, but not quite enough to say I've been a criminal investigator or experienced with radios.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            Winter_Patriot, I hear you. I've been searching high and low to see if I can find an online copy of that questionnaire we filled out to recall what answers I put exactly on it and basically self-evaluate myself. Like you, I was conservative with my responses. I have "investigative" experience but not in terms of criminal investigations. Any LE experience questions I answered no to.

Nothing yet, went to Philly session in Oct

Comment

I’ve been invited to attend an info session in the SE Region in early December. I took the online assessments earlier this year for the recent grad announcement and received a passing score (87), but was not referred for any of the locations I put in for. After reading several posts on this thread, I’m assuming my score will be valid for the next announcement.

Comment

• Checkmate
              Checkmate commented
              Editing a comment
              Scores are valid for one year, per a DUSM at our recent information session.

Interesting document I found concerning the USMS plan over the next 4 years.

Some highlights:

- Streamline hiring process
            - Provide upgraded training for Criminal Investigators (1811's)
            - Make the B.I. phase of hiring more efficient to cutdown on length the BI takes
            - Expand investigative capability for the agency as a whole
            - Expand international investigative and fugitive recovery operations

https://www.usmarshals.gov/foia/strategic_plan-2020.pdf

Comment

Several info sessions the first few days of December. Unfortunately my district isn’t doing one and all the surrounding districts are doing their session on the day I have my USSS polygraph.

Anyone know how often they generally do info sessions?

Comment

• Checkmate
                Checkmate commented
                Editing a comment
                Seems to be once per year as of late.

• Winter_Patriot
                Winter_Patriot commented
                Editing a comment
                Washington (Western) and Oregon are doing info sessions sometime this winter. Not sure when, or if there is still availability, but might be worth looking into.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5152 users online. 271 members and 4881 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X