Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I been getting a lot of questions. Just wanted to shed some information on why I believe my process looks different from the rest. Once again an assumption.

I'm a vet, and also a federal employee. Hope this helps others understand how each individuals process may look different.

Comment

• Cleanguy15
      Cleanguy15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got on this thread for the first time and saw your post. I’m Also a vet, current LEO federal employee and looking to make a move if my current agency doesn’t get better (I have my reasons). How is your process a little different?

• Anyone else get an email about listing your top wish list of posts and talked about a October and November class as possible classes today?

Comment

• notpolitical
      notpolitical commented
      Editing a comment
      Several from FY 19' & 20', at least..

• preacherman
      preacherman commented
      Editing a comment
      Got an email saying to expect my FIT to be scheduled soon. Haven’t gotten anything about locations or class dates. Not sure which normally comes first..

• When did you apply and have you taken a FIT before?
    With great power comes great response times.

Comment

• preacherman
      preacherman commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven’t taken a FIT yet. Info session 10/2020, applied 4/2021.

• vtroadrunner96
      vtroadrunner96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sent info to recruiter
      Sept 2020

Informational session
      Oct 18, 2020

Option to apply
      Dec 11, 2020

Structured interview
      Mar 2021

Tentative offer
      Apr 2021

Medical
      May 2021

Fingerprints
      Oct 2021

Medical review done
      Oct 2021

Background complete
      Jan 2022

Notification of possible selection
      Mar 24, 2022

April 2022
      Advised to update medical

Aug 2022
      Updated wish list locations/waiting on fit test and final offer

• preacherman
      preacherman commented
      Editing a comment
      Interview- 6/2021
      TOL- 11/2021
      Background reciprocated- 3/2022
      Medical- 7/2022
      Fit test- scheduled for later this week.

No word on wish lists or possible selection..

• Deleted message
    Last edited by vtroadrunner96; 09-27-2022, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Timeline

October 2020-Info Session

December 2020-Applied USAJOBS

January 2021-Notice of Referral

March 2021-Interview

April 2021-TOL

April 2021-eQIP/Fingerprint

June 2021- Medical

June 2021- Background Interview

August 2021- Background Cleared

February 2022- FIT

May 2022- FIT

October 2022- Tentative Selection

Comment

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        This was pretty much my *exact* timeline too. Congrats!

• I attended my info session Dec 2020 and got my TOL June 2022. Knocked out the medical right away but have yet to hear anything from the background side. I emailed them and got a generic answer. I know the TOL states " If you do not have the necessary investigation, OSP-BIB will contact you via the email​" I have a level 6 clearance for the BOP and a level 5/secret from the Army. What's the chances one of these will reciprocate and that's the reason I haven't heard anything?

Comment

• notpolitical
        notpolitical commented
        Editing a comment
        You never received an email stating: "This email is to notify you that the pre-employment personnel security process has been completed." ? Having a T5 already, most of the time there is a reciprocity agreement to use the already existing one.

• Who here has a contact email for a FOH employee who is responsible for USMS applicants? DM me, please.

Comment

• Can any of you guys that have done medical tell me if I also need my military medical record for the immunizations or is my regular one fine? No idea where my old military medical folder is lol
        Last edited by TonySoprano; 11-07-2022, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Walle
          Walle commented
          Editing a comment
          your military medical record should be available on the VA website at E-Benefits, those disks you get when you EAS that you give to the VA, thats whats on them. They scan all those documents and upload them to your personnel file.

• Timeline

October 2020-Info Session

December 2020-Applied USAJOBS

January 2021-Notice of Referral

March 2021-Interview

April 2021-TOL

April 2021-eQIP/Fingerprint

June 2021- Medical

June 2021- Background Interview

August 2021- Background Cleared

February 2022- FIT

May 2022- FIT

October 2022- Tentative Selection​

November 2022- FIT

November 2022-Start date selected

Comment

• New here and thought I’d share my time during the USMS hiring process to hopefully get some insight from others on here.
          Had my first information session in October 2020 at SDNY. Finally, this August was fully cleared eligibility for the upcoming FY23 classes with an email that stated this and asked for my preferred locations. Seems though I was not selected for this November class due to the fact that I know a buddy that got called and started the academy this week. Anyone know anything about the possible upcoming classes? I’d also like to note that I have not been called for a physical fitness test yet. Any information would help.

Comment

• Whoop Whoop
            Whoop Whoop commented
            Editing a comment
            Been in the process since July of 2019. Insight is just to keep sitting tight honestly.

FY 23 Classes - 22 - Oct, Nov ; 23 - Jan, Feb, April, May, July, August.

Covid has ****ed up this whole process. I've spoken with people high up in the hiring process that state that applications start expiring after 2-3 years starting on the USAJobs application date. They have no definitive answer as to why it is not 2 or 3 years.

I've been clear for hire since July 22. I got the "wish list" and have reached out to districts trying to get my name out there. A piece of advice I will give is if they send out another "wish list" is to email the recruiting offices you are interested in going to shortly after that. I made the mistake of emailing about 1 month after the latest August "wish list" was released and each district already had their applicants selected ready to go for the Oct/Nov classes.

Right now, I have seen a lot of movement to get people onboarded, so they do not lose recruits in the process. There is a guy I know that has been with a district for a few weeks now and will not go to an academy until January or February. Whole lot of just having to sit and wait as frustrating as that is. I have had to start a second application just to make sure that my first one does not expire.

As far as the FIT goes, up until recently there have been MANY folks that have had to take multiple fit tests. Some upwards of 4 before finally getting to an academy. It seems like now if you are getting selected for a fit test that a district has basically picked you (SPECULATION) as people I know are getting offers shortly after them now. Hope that helps!

If you are a vet, you will get pushed to the front of the line. If not, you'll have a little more waiting.

• Do they reach out before or after the FIT to get a wish list from applicants? I’ve been cleared for hire for a month (no FIT) and have yet to be asked to complete a wish list.

Comment

• Gabulldogs88
            Gabulldogs88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same boat as you. In the past the FIT was something they would do to a bunch of people that we’re about to be a part of a certain hiring certificate. If you got selected then great if not then you would keep repeating that until you got selected. It seems now that they are waiting to do fit after you get selected by a district. But that’s not confirmed.

• Dukes33
            Dukes33 commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting. I emailed the DUSM applicant email and they said I could send them a preference list which they would upload to my application for consideration however the BDUSM hiring team will reach out regarding preference. I’m curious as to when that would be in the process.

• For those of you who did medical and have a va disability rating. Is it mandatory to submit your va disability forms if you DID NOT claim the disability preference during the application phase?

Comment

• Mars1981
            Mars1981 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, in my TOL under the medical section it states "If you are a compensated veteran, you must provide a copy of your VA Rating Decision documentation at the time of your medical examination for inclusion in the medical review process. Please see the "Notice to All Veterans" attached to this email." I turned mine in.

• Got cleared to hire earlier this month, any guidance? Or just wait for the call? Thanks

Comment

• Just got this e-mail from [email protected]

"This email is to notify you that Human Resources has received all required documents to proceed with required pre-employment processes.

You should not notify your current employer or make any changes in anticipation of a final offer of employment. Human Resources will reach out to you once all pre-employment processes have been completed.

Thank you,"​​

I already have a tier 5 background that's been adjudicated and have been waiting to clear medical.

Has anyone received an e-mail like this and if so how long did it take to move to the next step? Any response is appreciated.​

Comment

• Mars1981
              Mars1981 commented
              Editing a comment
              Got mine in June. Im already Federal LE with a tier 6 and a tier 5 from the Army. Did the medical in July and that last was my contact. Don't get in any hurry. They seem to move differently for everyone.

• HelpBox101
              HelpBox101 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tracking, started the journey back in DEC of 2020

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1613 users online. 131 members and 1482 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X