Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of you who have a TOL, are you given any information as to where you’ll be stationed when you complete the academy? If not, when do they tell you? Also, I’ve heard people say that you can submit preferences, but it’s not a certainty. I don’t care where I go, I’m just curious. I’ve also heard that you’ll likely be stationed in the district where you went to your information session. Not sure what rumors to believe.

Can anyone who knows shed some light? Thanks

Comment

• Anyone get a canvas email for next class? I did, however I’m on Active Duty until 1 July

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you talking about the generalized email from DUSM.EXAM saying seating for summer classes will be picking up, or a June class specific email?

• Miss_Guided20
        Miss_Guided20 commented
        Editing a comment
        Checkmate like I said I never received my
        First request only the second. I sent it in on the second and asked when the first email was sent and made sure the actual email was received!

• RIVRONVET
        RIVRONVET commented
        Editing a comment
        I got that generalized email from DUSM.exam too

• Received medical clearance today. Only took about 9 months! I highly recommend checking with medical every month or so.

For those past that step, how long after medical clearance did it take to receive the vax/fit email?
      USMS Schedule B 2020

Oct20 Info Session
      Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      Jan21 Referred for GL-5
      Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
      Mar21 TOL Received
      Jun21 Medical Accomplished (delay due to COVID vaccine)
      Aug21 Background Investigation reciprocated
      Feb22 Request for additional medical info
      Mar22 Medical Cleared
      Jun22 FIT (PASS)

Comment

• Miss_Guided20
        Miss_Guided20 commented
        Editing a comment
        November 23rd 2021 cleared medical

Feb 23rd received Second notice for Vax card. Never received the first one??

First week of March contacted for FIT

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        Miss_Guided, when did you receive your first notice for vax card?

I had to space out my medical appointment in June because I got the COVID vaccine in April. I don't recall if they asked for a copy of my vax card at the medical appointment.

• Miss_Guided20
        Miss_Guided20 commented
        Editing a comment
        Checkmate I never received the first request. I was surprised to see the “Second” attempt email.

• LEOblue
        LEOblue commented
        Editing a comment
        who did you contact to follow up on medical? Thank you

• Have you guys heard of anyone receiving the background and vax emails prior to medical? I'm from the OKC Aug 2021 Info session (TOL in Jan), and have recently received the vax email and eqip/fingerprints email but nothing about medical.

I did pass a medical for another federal agency in July of 2021. I am wondering if there is a chance they are accepting that medical exam for it.
      Last edited by Octavianus; 04-22-2022, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my eQIP and medical emails the same day. Medical visit wasn’t until about a month later - had to schedule and find a day they had open. I guess it’s possible the USMS could use your medical exam clearance, since it’s likely they use the same medical facility to complete the exams. At my dr visit, there were three applicants - one USMS, one ATF and one DEA.

They can and have used previous, but current, security clearances from other agencies if it met their level requirements.

• Octavianus
        Octavianus commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to know, thanks man.

• Just cleared medical!

Timeline below:

San Antonio info session October 2020.

Timeline:
      October 2020-Info Session

December 2020-Applied USAJOBS

January 2021-Notice of Referral

February 2021-Interview

March 2021-TOL

April 2021-eQIP/Fingerprint

April 2021- Medical Assessment

July 2021- Background Interview

November 2021 - Background Clear

April 2022 - Medical Clear

Insane, but over the hardest parts. Classes I was informed of coming up. June/July. Aug/Sept.
      To emphasize on what was stated previously, i have been on a biweekly to a monthly followup with Medical HR and HR in general. I was not informed Medical was in need of some documents. That hindered by about 6 months my process. Since then, I have reached out on an average of a monthly basis.
      Last edited by IzZy D2017; 04-27-2022, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• CFT2020
        CFT2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        I went to my info in December of 2020 and just got TOL last month. Just finished equip and fingerprints last week.
        What is the medical portion like?
        Hope you get the fit email soon!

• Galvanap
        Galvanap commented
        Editing a comment
        My timeline mirrors yours up until the medical. I just submitted the additional information requested. Was advised it should be a couple of weeks before it clears. Then.. sit and wait.

• Can anyone tell me how they check color vision during the medical exam? Thanks

Comment

• Dr.Zeus
        Dr.Zeus commented
        Editing a comment
        Check your inbox

• Who went to an info session in 2020 and has taken two FIT tests at this point in the process?

Comment

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        Checkmate have you emailed them? The fitness tester was CC’d on that same email when I received mine. He told me the fitness test had to be done within a week. I’d reach out to them, maybe the fitness tester missed the email.

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I emailed them for an 8-day follow up. That was last week.

• ranger things
        ranger things commented
        Editing a comment
        FIT end of February. Radio silence since.

• IzZy D2017
        IzZy D2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        No FIT test for me yet.

• I’ve taken two. Late February and last week

Comment

• As I’ve been told the June class has there list. (Whether peeps drop and others get called random Is different)

But look forward to July.

Comment

• Anyone else get an email asking for their covid vaccination status?

Comment

• I attended an Information Session in South Carolina in December 2020. Interviewed in Arlington in June 2021. I am currently in the Investigation phase. Haven’t been contacted about a medical yet.

Comment

• SFTB26
            SFTB26 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would check your junk mail. They started my background and I found out they sent my medical invite two months prior.

• Got an email yesterday asking about having a five month covid booster and if willing to get one. Took my second FIT a few weeks ago. Imagine others are getting the same email.

Comment

• Chicks406
            Chicks406 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same email.

• I’m a 2020 applicant. I was cleared medically in 9/2020, background cleared in 3/2021, FIT test is 4/2022, and received an email last week saying that once I send them my vaccination verification with the booster, I’ll be ready for selection. Sidebar, I was never contacted about taking a drug test

Comment

• Chicks406
            Chicks406 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! I haven’t taken a test either I believe you will once given an academy date?

• Watex
            Watex commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you had to show a physical card at all or just a copy? I lost my card a while back but have a pic.

• hooligan551
            hooligan551 commented
            Editing a comment
            Watex I can't speak for everyone, but I emailed them copies of my Vax cards. They responded positively, so copies seem to be fine.

• Update.

Wanted to say this page helped me stay focused throughout this long process. Minor updates from anyone was still a "good" sign.

Just got my TOL for July Academy. Prior to the TOL was emailed requesting Vac status. Sent update.
          They are moving.
          Started my Sched B Oct 2019.

Good luck to all.
          Last edited by IzZy D2017; 06-07-2022, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Chicks406
            Chicks406 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats that’s awesome to hear. Was it an email or phone call?

• IzZy D2017
            IzZy D2017 commented
            Editing a comment
            Chicks406 it was an email

• Chicks406
            Chicks406 commented
            Editing a comment
            IzZy D2017 thank you. Seems like some just get an HR email and others get phone calls from districts. Thank you.

• Tayllerr
            Tayllerr commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey if you don’t mind me asking, what city did you get and how was it with them assigning you one?

• Originally posted by IzZy D2017 View Post
          Update.

Just got my TOL for July Academy. Prior to the TOL was emailed requesting Vac status. Sent update.
          They are moving.
          Started my Sched B Oct 2019.

Good luck to all.
          Congrats! Had you already taken a FIT test or do you have to take one prior to July?

Comment

• IzZy D2017
            IzZy D2017 commented
            Editing a comment
            No FIT yet. I'm expecting a call here soon.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3103 users online. 219 members and 2884 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X