Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabulldogs88
    replied
    Has anyone here taken the FIT test? It doesn’t look that hard but I’ve heard they make it very difficult. Any insight?

Leave a comment:

• Dbc471
    commented on 's reply
    Rocket88 I got my referral on June 14th, same thing for me

• Dbc471
    replied
    Rocket88 mine was June 14th, same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Rocket88
    commented on 's reply
    Dbc471 I got my referral e-mail on the 20th. Nothing inside the e-mail except for the referral notice.

• Dbc471
    commented on 's reply
    Rocket88, hopefully we will be hearing something soon and have our interviews in the same email.

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    For me, nearly two months. I was referred mid-January, interviewed mid-March. TOL about two or three weeks later in early April.

• Yak
    commented on 's reply
    Been about 2 months between everything for me.

• Rocket88
    replied
    You guys that have received TOLs post COVID, what’s the timeline from referral to interview? I’ve seen everything from an entire year to two months. A year seems like the exception and not the rule. I’m sure everyone’s experience is different, but just trying to get a general consensus.

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    I staggered my applications too. Despite that, I would have been in one academy when USMS interviews happened. I ended up withdrawing from that process so I could stay available for USMS interviews. I think the only thing they’ll reschedule medical or FIT if you’re on military deployment/training. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

• Yak
    replied
    Has anyone ever been contacted from an agency to conduct medical, poly, PT test, or any other parts of the application process while in an academy for another agency? I intentionally staggered applications in the hopes of not having this happen, but some applications are moving along very fast, applications with less preferred agencies. I'd hate to turn down an offer and then also end up not getting hired by the other agencies in the end. Or having to withdraw from the process and start all over. I guess that's the risk of applying to numerous places, but I was curious if anyone has any personal experience with this and what was the result.

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. I have some plate carriers, I just need to try some steel plates then.

• Dbc471
    commented on 's reply
    Winter_Patriot I think they train in their plate carriers. Do you have a plate carrier? I am about to get a new one for SOG at my dept and I am going to start using it.

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    What type of weighted vests do they use at Glynco? I have a cheap one from Amazon now.

• Dbc471
    replied
    They just posted a new training video on Youtube. Here is the link. Get a weighted vest and do a lot of calisthenics.

https://youtu.be/80pH91JjH5o
    Last edited by Dbc471; 07-24-2021, 08:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    Federal HR departments are notorious for this. For example, if the vacancy says two years of graduate education qualifies you based on education, and you just list that you had an M.S. in something, you might not qualify.

Sometimes you have to explain and over-articulate the obvious, that a master's or law degree program is two to three years of education. I always list the dates. I've even started listing specific courses that are relevant because I don't trust HR to not throw my application in the garbage. I sometimes think they're processing high volumes and look for reasons (even inaccurate ones) to weed out candidates.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2199 users online. 139 members and 2060 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X