Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Bbreezie where did you hear that there are 1700 people in the process?

Comment

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      That was is the email from exam when I asked about my medical being cleared.

• Chicks406
      Chicks406 commented
      Editing a comment
      I recently received an update and was told the same thing.

• Hey does anyone know if you get tased and sprayed at the academy? I already did it a few years ago at my pd academy and am not looking forward to doing it again.

Comment

• kvasir
      kvasir commented
      Editing a comment
      Sprayed, yes. Tased, is optional. However, almost everyone just sucks it up and does it for the sake of either comradery or peer pressure.

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      Does getting tazed affect your certification to carry the ECW? With AMO you could only carry one if you actually got tazed as part of the certification. I have only ever seen one AMO agent actually carrying a tazer but with USMS I could see it being way more useful.

• RIVRONVET
      RIVRONVET commented
      Editing a comment
      USMS requires all new BDUSM candidates to be tazed, the only exception is candidates that have already been tazed by the agency (like DEOs and AEO). OC Spray is part of the FLETC side course .

• I sure don’t look forward to being sprayed again. That sucks.
    With great power comes great response times.

Comment

• Anyone hearing any updates? I can care less about being sprayed or tased again. Just get me in an academy. Lol

Comment

• D.Brown
        D.Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        November 2021 interview. Nothing yet. Also nothing from some of the guys who interviewed in October. Seems like the only movement are for those from 2019 at the moment.

• Has anyone done their medical but not received the eQIP or anything else for the background?
      I received my TOL back in October and did my medical in December.
      I emailed the exam email mid-January to see if I missed something but haven't heard back.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        There are people who did medical in April 2021 who are in your same position.
        Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 02-06-2022, 10:34 AM.

• bghny1995
        bghny1995 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not going to lie, that makes me feel so much better

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exact same position. I got my TOL in June did my medical in July and never received an eQip or any word on background. However, I did just receive an update my background cleared (I just went through the process for DOD as an OTS applicant). Medical is still pending.

• I got my TOL in May of last year. Medical in July. Silent until today when I got a email asking about my Vaccination status. I emailed HR about a month ago and they said that there were 1600 folks in the pipeline. I had passed background (never got a call from anyone but had a recent TS). My medical was still not clear.

Comment

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost same circumstances for me under the recent grad announcement. Medial time line and same on background did mine for DOD.
        Curious what the vaccination status is about.

• Octavianus
        Octavianus commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you think that's the total number or just the people who received TOLs?

• My recruiter said the vax is required to attend FLETC so I'm hoping that they are filling seats and my name is at least on their list.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol no offense taken. I know of at least 10 people who got the same update email in October. I guess we all aren’t good enough but maybe you guys are Bbreezie?

• Lwoods633
        Lwoods633 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully your right

• Bbreezie
        Bbreezie commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah Donjuan85657 we are all beyond good enough I don't think twice about the email but it all just depends on luck I know a buddy of mine had to apply for two announcements just to get in 2018 and 2019/2020

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        The thing about it is the Marshals Service is unique in how they handle their hiring process. Every other DOJ agency has you complete steps in the hiring process and then seats you in a class.

The Marshals are unique with DOJ because they are the only agency whereas you can complete all steps of the hiring process successfully and still not get hired.

The reason being that a District has to select you from an active hiring certificate, you accept, and then receive your final offer and onboarding.

The Marshals in my opinion mirror a MD students residency program. You have to match and marry to essentially get to the finish line.

The true key to getting hired is staying in constant communication with HR, and making sure you are your own advocate.
        Last edited by Donjuan85657; 02-15-2022, 07:30 AM.

• Honestly, the fact emails are being sent is good news all around. Forward progress.

Comment

• NorthLions308
        NorthLions308 commented
        Editing a comment
        It is a good sign, spring and summer class will be here before we know it. They are jus getting applicants in line wit all the COVID stuff going on. Its a step forward, not a leap but a step.

• IzZy D2017
        IzZy D2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree. I'm looking for "small victories" at this point. Little steps is better than no steps.

• Hey guys.. usually how many weeks after the online assessment you get the results. 4 weeks since I took it and nothing yet!

Comment

• Watex
        Watex commented
        Editing a comment
        i received mine after 5 weeks.

• Lwoods633
        Lwoods633 commented
        Editing a comment
        At the beginning everything came about 8 weeks apart and always on a Friday. Once you get a TOL the timeline slows way down.

• I got an email today to stand by I will be contacted for a fit test.

Comment

• IzZy D2017
        IzZy D2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!! Long overdue.

I reached out to HR. They CCd medical. Medical never contacted me since June requiring some VA docs. I sent those today. Hopefully we I get that email also.

My recommendation to everyone is to stay in continued contact wnd follow up. I sent HR an email in Nov and was told I was pending Medical. This time they CCd medical.

• WilliamB275
        WilliamB275 commented
        Editing a comment
        HR just cc'd medical for me as well, I took my medical exam going on a year ago and it hasn't been cleared.

• IzZy D2017
        IzZy D2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        William as soon as HR contacted medical, my process began moving FWD again. I did my medical about a year ago also.

• WilliamB275
        WilliamB275 commented
        Editing a comment
        IzZy D2017 finally heard from medical, had to get some follow up done. Had it completed and submitted my paperwork. Now just a waiting game.

• IzZy D2017 hopefully it's the same case for me, how did you find out the process started back, did medical reach out or HR?.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilliamB275 View Post
        IzZy D2017 hopefully it's the same case for me, how did you find out the process started back, did medical reach out or HR?.
        They did. The following day I got an email from Medical requesting some documents. Hopefully this information helps others.

Comment

• Anyone else in here who got the covid email this month not received anything about the fit yet? I know a bunch of you all who got it also got a stand by for fit email and some have already tested. I haven't heard a thing since the covid email. Just seeing if I am alone or not.

Comment

• ELleo215
            ELleo215 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got the vax email too and haven’t heard anything about fit. I emailed them and asked if my medical was cleared and it was.

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hit or miss. Bunch of us did vax emails back in October of 2021. Some are in Jan and Feb classes now and some are still waiting to hear.

• Question for the veterans regarding medical. How long did it take to hear from medical, or clear? Were additional documents requested? Thanks

Comment

• The local office just reached out and my fit test is scheduled for later this week.

Comment

• IzZy D2017
              IzZy D2017 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats. What was your timeline? Out of what area?

• Lwoods633
              Lwoods633 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dec 20 info in alabama, tested in Feb 21, interview in SLC, medical in July, silence til the covid email Feb 22. Fit test yesterday.

• IzZy D2017
              IzZy D2017 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats. Thanks for the info. Fit test easy.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2194 users online. 136 members and 2058 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X