Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interviewed in June. Waiting on TOL still.

Comment

• Just got an email to submit my official college transcripts in order to remain in the process. June Philly interview.

Comment

• I wish there was a way to create a poll on this forum. I’d like to see what percentage of applicants are willing to be vaccinated for the job. Just out of curiosity…
        With great power comes great response times.

Comment

• Anduril
          Anduril commented
          Editing a comment
          I was ecstatic when I passed the interview for the USMS a few months back. Waiting on background now. However, if the COVID-19 Vaccination becomes an absolute requirement for employment, I will not continue with my application. I believe the freedom to choose what an individual can put into their bodies is a basic human right, and it is an American thing to have the freedom of choice. Also, White House staff are NOT required to be vaccinated. But we peasants do? What's the deal.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          I am so glad that there are people willing to not continue in the hiring process over the vaccine. Just means less people to wait/compete with to get an EOD date.

• Anduril
          Anduril commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d just rather not deal with potential bloodclots and infertility for the rest of my life, but that’s just me

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          I got my vaccine if you were in the military it literally did nothing I was fine with both shots plus Pfizer is FDA approved now.

• Bbreezie damnit i should have refused the small pox and numerous anthrax vaccinations bc I really didn’t want to deal with the upkeep of the SP and the burning of the anthrax LOL.

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Anduril I have a hunch I know which news sources you read

You’re implying a psy-ops operation on a global scale…To prevent people from getting sick.

• Anduril
          Anduril commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate I'll be honest I don't watch CNN, Fox or any other mainstream news agency, so you assume right on that part. When I saw America more divided than it ever was, I turned off the TV and never really went back. What I'm saying is, I don't think it's an operation to prevent people from getting sick. Personally I know a coworker whose father in law passed away after the vaccine, and know one another who developed a bloodclot. I don't doubt the existence of Covid. I lost my sense of smell/taste for a while last year and got over it no problem. But I also see the adverse effects from these vaccines that are supposed to help us. I like to look at real world events that they DON’T report on in mass media, such as the mass lockdowns in Canada and Australia and I am skeptical. A little off topic but since we are talking about news sources/media, I personally was also in Afghanistan. Barely any Taliban presence in Kabul when I was there. They took over this past month. Fast. There are so many jobs in the Army, in the military as a whole, to prevent terrorists from getting their hands on our equipment! Now we have Taliban running around with MRAPS, Blackhawks, NVGs and Predator drones. I refuse to believe what they are putting out on mainstream news and that our representatives are this incompetent. At this point I wouldn't put a global scale psy-ops operation in the impossible category. It's a crazy world out there.
          Last edited by Anduril; 08-24-2021, 10:33 AM.

• Anduril
          Anduril commented
          Editing a comment
          I do hope I am wrong and that in five-ten years things will be back to normal. But man, it just seems they spin this situation to be more grim every year.
          Last edited by Anduril; 08-24-2021, 10:12 AM.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          If you want to maximize your chance of getting an academy date, get the vaccine.
          Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 08-24-2021, 11:23 AM.

• Deleted, didnt mean for this to be its own post
        Last edited by Anduril; 08-24-2021, 08:50 AM. Reason: Meant to write as a comment on another post

Comment

• I thought this was an LEO forum. Not Covid/political opinion forum. I get enough of that s*** everywhere else.

Comment

• TXSP
            TXSP commented
            Editing a comment
            While I don’t disagree with you, I do think the vaccine topic is somewhat relevant to this forum as it directly impacts whether or not you are hired. Not much different than us talking about the fitness test. I certainly wasn’t trying to hijack the thread or to lead us down a rabbit trail when I mentioned the hypothetical poll. I was, though somewhat selfishly, wondering how many would drop out of the process.

• Gabulldogs88
            Gabulldogs88 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think the fitness is little more relevant seeing it is a current requirement and vaccine up in the air. But I do agree it is an important topic. And I don’t not think you hijacked anything. Other carried it a little far but it’s no big deal.

I think TOL’s might be going out this week.

• Bbreezie
            Bbreezie commented
            Editing a comment
            Gabulldogs88 Fletc Is requiring the vaccine in order to train and the marshals have to abide by the FLETC rule. So the vaccine is pretty relevant as it may depend on if your hired or not.

• Gabulldogs88
            Gabulldogs88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Never said it wasn’t relevant. But thanks for chiming in. Fletc only has that rule for the next 120 days. But i can see a actual permanent mandate coming. Hopefully people that are against it can still get in somehow. Either way I would love look forward to a normal Fletc if I get the opportunity.

• Does anyone know if the drug screening is a separate part of the process, or was that part of the medical exam?

Comment

• Anduril
            Anduril commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure if its the same for everyone, but they didn’t do a drug screen back in May when I went through Medical at an urgent care through QTC. They do get a urine sample but they say its not for a drug analysis. Pulled blood, sight and hearing exams and mostly what you expect.

• Bbreezie
            Bbreezie commented
            Editing a comment
            I did the ole pee in a cup when I did my medical

• JamoStu
            JamoStu commented
            Editing a comment
            Part of my medical also.

Last edited by jberry811; 09-01-2021, 08:49 AM. Reason: Remove

Comment

• I contacted the usms two weeks ago to ask if I was still in the hiring process since it's been radio silent. I last did medical in April. They sent me eqip last week and just finished a little while ago. Anyone know the next step?

For reference I went to the info session October 2020 and got my TOL in March 2021.

Comment

• ranger things
              ranger things commented
              Editing a comment
              wait until they contact you for your background interview.

• Anybody that completed the interview in June still waiting on the TOL? Nothing but silence since..

Comment

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              I interviewed in June. Haven't heard anything since.

• preacherman
              preacherman commented
              Editing a comment
              Seems some regions move way faster than others. I sent out an email for a status update

• Gabulldogs88
              Gabulldogs88 commented
              Editing a comment
              preacherman same nothing yet. What did HRD say when you emailed them?

• Hey all, hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. Im on the fence on sending an email to HRD and have been wondering if anyone that’s gone through this process has had any experience with changing their regional picks…After reading about the need to fill spots in OK and SD, I’ve been doing some talking at home and we are actually hoping to be picked up for Oklahoma more than anywhere else. Only problem is that I listed SWB as one of my picks, and the OK district was not on my radar until getting further along in the process and realizing it might be a real possibility. I did my info session on LA. My question is if it would be a good or bad idea to reach out and let HRD know that we are interested in other districts that need to be filled, or should I just stay in my lane.. To give more context here’s my timeline:
            October 2020
            Information Session
            December 2020
            Invite to apply / assessment
            January 2021
            Referred
            March 2021
            Interview conducted
            March 2021
            Tentative Offer Letter
            April 2021
            Fingerprints completed
            April 2021
            E-qip submitted
            May 2021
            Medical Conducted
            May 2021
            Background Phone Interview
            June 2021
            Background Approved

Any solid responses will be greatly appreciated. I’ve been debating weather or not to pull the trigger on this email. LOL

Comment

• Army101
              Army101 commented
              Editing a comment
              Rangers things i think it all depends on the investigator and your specific background. I think mostly how fast the investigator get things done. Also how fast your previous jobs/ education sends any paperwork to your investigator requests.

• ranger things
              ranger things commented
              Editing a comment
              Army101 yeah I know it likely will take quite a while for my background, I checked with HRD solely because some people had it done pretty quickly.

• TXSP
              TXSP commented
              Editing a comment
              ranger things
              When was your background interview?

• ranger things
              ranger things commented
              Editing a comment
              TXSP first week of August

• Good morning y’all,

For everyone that did their application/online assessment in June and got their notice that they were referred in July, has anyone heard anything further from HR/OPM/USMS? I’ve been checking my spam to make sure I didn’t miss anything, but I wanted to see if anyone else has heard back yet. Thanks.

Comment

• Dbc471
              Dbc471 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine was a little earlier, May application, June Referred. Nothing since. I actually emailed HRD and asked if I was still in the process. They emailed me back immediately and said I was still in the process, but be patient for the next step. I also asked if an age waiver would be given for those that started the process but go over the cutoff age before appointment. They advised me that the age limit would be waived for 1) Candidates who have applied for a position 2)Made a hiring certificate 3)are in the final pre-employment hiring process.

• TXSP
              TXSP commented
              Editing a comment
              Dbc471 that’s excellent news. I’ll turn 37 in May…

• Dbc471
              Dbc471 commented
              Editing a comment
              Doc_Hal when/where was your info session?

• Referred August 10, nothing as of yet.
            -Best Regards, D. Brown

Comment

• Dbc471
              Dbc471 commented
              Editing a comment
              D.Brown when/where was your info session?

• Originally posted by D.Brown View Post
            Referred August 10, nothing as of yet.
            same date. Nothing yet.

Comment

• Dbc471
              Dbc471 commented
              Editing a comment
              When/Where was your info session?

• D.Brown
              D.Brown commented
              Editing a comment
              Dbc471 I drove up to Cleveland from Virginia (DMV)

• D.Brown
              D.Brown commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe it was June. Link to apply July. Referred August.

• Dbc471
              Dbc471 commented
              Editing a comment
              D.Brown Mine was December in Atlanta. 5 months later I got my link to apply.

• Did medical in July and BI interview and references called in August. They reached out and scheduled my hearing for Monday (said it had to be before the 15th) as the booth was down at the Fed building in July when i went. I assume that’s a good sign things are still creeping forward. December 2020 ATL info session and April 2021 SLC interview.

Comment

• ELleo215
              ELleo215 commented
              Editing a comment
              Deleted-…..
              Last edited by ELleo215; 09-12-2021, 08:26 AM.

• ELleo215
              ELleo215 commented
              Editing a comment
              Deleted-….
              Last edited by ELleo215; 09-12-2021, 08:27 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4946 users online. 306 members and 4640 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X