Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my application packet for DEA today. Gonna fill it out and see what happens with each. This waiting in limbo mess is killing me.

Comment

• Gabulldogs88
      Gabulldogs88 commented
      Editing a comment
      You and me both. Have you interviewed? If so where?

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Apply to multiple agencies. It may be years before you find out if you get a final offer.

• Dbc471
      Dbc471 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gabulldogs88 No haven't interviewed for USMS. Waiting on them to notify me. Just completed the packet for DEA. Gonna see where it leads me. Of the two, Marshals is my dream job. I am just not sure what they are doing or when/if it will ever happen. My buddy failed the DEA Interview, but the process moved pretty quick. DEA is a second on my list though. I love the dope game so it should be fun.

• Anyone know how long after you submit your Eqip before an Investigator calls you and your references? They pulled my credit last week so that’s a good sign.

Also I guess i should ask how long after medical does it usually take to hear something back about being cleared or more information needed? Obviously everyone is different just curious to hear what peoples wait times were.

Contacted recruiter- October 2020
    ATL Info Session- December 2020
    Applied- Feb 2021
    Referred- March 2021
    Interviewed in SLC- April 2021
    TOL- June 2021
    Completed Medical- July 2021
    Eqip and BI forms submitted- July 2021

Comment

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have a security clearance already?

I’ve had a TOL since March and completed medical in June and no one has hit me up for e-qip or BI. I do have an active clearance with CBP though so maybe that’s why.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I interviewed in Dallas and also got a TOL around that time. No one had contacted me about a BI. I assumed that meant my top secret was given reciprocity. When I asked HRD for an update this month though, I was told I hadn’t cleared background yet.

• JamoStu
      JamoStu commented
      Editing a comment
      I only have an active DOD Secret not a TS (Tier 5) so that won’t do me any good lol.

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      Checkmate I emailed the exam people and they got back to me saying my background was completed and medical was submitted but not reviewed. If you have an active DHS clearance it transfer overs.

• I submitted eQIP mid April. Have yet to be contacted by an investigator or anyone else until a week ago. They emailed and asked me to verify two dates and an address. So, I assume that means mine has been sent over to DCSA, but that they just haven’t started my actual investigation yet. Maybe I’ll hear something soon.
    With great power comes great response times.

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      That post was intended to be a reply to JamoStu…

• JamoStu
      JamoStu commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok i appreciate the info. I left Active duty earlier this month and hired on with BOP so I’m prepared for this to take a while lol.

• Another meme in relation to the process. Anyone old like me and remember Oregon Trail?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot Im trying to send you a PM. Unsure if it’s working.

Comment

• FLETC closing again?

Comment

• I strongly suspect that we are going to start seeing people give up and look elsewhere for employment, whether that is other agencies or private sector. I am currently in the process with ATF, USMS, and DEA. Whichever acts first. The DEA trains in Quantico, so I would say that they will be first. But now that they have started the Delta Variant talk, i'm afraid we are going back to the starting line. Going back to the original COVID protocols.

Comment

• Received Notice of referral for 5 and 7 a few minutes ago.

Drove from Virginia to attend info session in Ohio May 26, 2021.

invitation and submitted app/assessment July 9, 2021.
        referred August 10, 2021.

I know it’s going to be a long haul especially with FLETC closing down again. Currently in the Government and will make GS12 step 2 next year April.

Still want to say I’ll take the offer if I get one but financially will have to discuss long and hard with my family.
        -Best Regards, D. Brown

Comment

• notpolitical
          notpolitical commented
          Editing a comment
          they will step you out. You would most likely be a 7-10, 9-10, and then when you make 11 you'd likely still be stepped out, but also gain your LEAP that year.. it would come back around for you, so long as you're going to stay in and stick it out.

• D.Brown
          D.Brown commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh really? The Marshal at my info session said he did not think they will bring me in at a higher step to get me closer to my current GS pay.

If your information is correct, then I’ll take the position for sure if offered.

• notpolitical
          notpolitical commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe it is the responsibility of OPM and they are who will determine what your step would be in each grade. Im pretty sure agencies are required to get you as close as they can in whatever grade it is that you accept.

• surfnturf90
          surfnturf90 commented
          Editing a comment
          they’ll do GS 7 Step 10 if your current fed salary matches or exceeds it. Won’t go higher than that.

• Just got my interview, PTT, and Exam dates for DEA. Been a week since applying and they are moving already.

Comment

• Gabulldogs88
          Gabulldogs88 commented
          Editing a comment
          What did they say about the PTT?

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve heard six to nine months from a former 1811 there.

• Dbc471
          Dbc471 commented
          Editing a comment
          PTT is a points system, with the minimum being 12 points. They give no indication on how they actually score the PTT, or what the minimum times/reps are for each exercise. In this order-Situps (10 min. break) 300 Meter Sprint (10 Minute Break) Pushups (10 Minute Break) 1.5 Mile run. They are very strict on form. The PTT and Exam are the same day. Interview is around week later I believe. A friend of mine failed their interview a while back. They let you take the PTT twice within a 60 day period, with the 60 days beginning at the date of the email.
          Last edited by Dbc471; 08-10-2021, 08:03 PM.

• D.Brown
          D.Brown commented
          Editing a comment
          DEA does that expedited process for the fit test, interview, and exam.

I applied back in 2018 and knocked all
          That stuff out in two days. Had to drop out because I was starting FLETC and didn’t want to turn down a offer I already had.

It’s First come first serve with the Fed Government. Blessing and a curse.

• PTT is a points system, with the minimum being 12 points. They give no indication on how they actually score the PTT, or what the minimum times/reps are for each exercise. In this order-Situps (10 min. break) 300 Meter Spring (10 Minute Break) Pushups (10 Minute Break) 1.5 Miles. They are very strict on form. The PTT and Exam are the same day. Interview is around week later I believe. A friend of mine failed their interview a while back. They let you take the PTT twice within a 60 day period, with the 60 days beginning at the date of the email.

Comment

• Completed my Background Investigation Interview yesterday so now it’s all out of my hands until BI and Medical clear.

Contacted recruiter- October 2020
          ATL Info Session- December 2020
          Applied- Feb 2021
          Referred- March 2021
          Interviewed in SLC- April 2021
          TOL- June 2021
          Completed Medical- July 2021
          Eqip and BI forms submitted- July 2021
          BI Interview- Aug 2021

Comment

• Gabulldogs88
            Gabulldogs88 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ll be curious to see how beneficial a secret is. That is what I have as well. Did they tell you passed medical?

• Army101
            Army101 commented
            Editing a comment
            A secret clearance doesnt help, the USMS requires a TS clearance. So an investigation has to be restarted. The only help it will give you is if you had to fill out the eqip for that secret clearance so you should have most of your info already filled in.

• ranger things
            ranger things commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice, I'm pretty much on the exact same timeline.

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            army I have a secret clearance with DHS and they reciprocated my clearance.

• Deleted.........
          Last edited by Dbc471; 09-18-2021, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe try asking in the DEA thread.

• ATG1729
            ATG1729 commented
            Editing a comment
            ^^^^^^^^^^^

• I seen some people were asked to resubmit documents they had initially submitted, did any of you ever find out why? I was just asked for transcripts in order to remain in the process, which I submitted in the beginning with all the other documents.

Comment

• TXSP
            TXSP commented
            Editing a comment
            This doesn’t address your post, but I think someone could write a fairly entertaining book about this hiring process. It seems to be wildly different for some people - and for no apparent reason. I’m trying to remember about my transcripts, and I’m not sure I ever even gave them an official copy. I think I sent a scanned copy….can’t remember for sure.

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            I gave them a scanned copy of a certified, but not sure that counts as official. Normally they need to be in the sealed envelope to qualify as being official. It's totally random how HRD handles this.

• Gabulldogs88
            Gabulldogs88 commented
            Editing a comment
            They did the same thing for me a few days ago.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            They did the same for me. I sent a scanned copy of my official transcripts when they asked.

• Is there any more rumors on when the next class will start?

Comment

• Rocket88
            Rocket88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sincerely hope the USMS doesn’t discriminate against those who’ve chosen not to be vaccinated.

• Dbc471
            Dbc471 commented
            Editing a comment
            Seriously doubt there will be any discrimination. They are hurting for people. The most that will happen is they advise us that we have to be fully vaccinated prior to the start of the academy.

• notpolitical
            notpolitical commented
            Editing a comment
            The last academy for this fiscal is/was supposed to start Aug 17, graduates December 28. There are supposed to be 8 sessions minimum for the following fiscal.

• Bbreezie
            Bbreezie commented
            Editing a comment
            @rocket88
            FLETC just made it mandatory for everyone to get the vaccine to train. Even if the USMS a doesn't make it mandatory we will all have to get it in order to train it comes down to how bad we want the job.

• They started calling all my references this week only a week or so after my BI interview. I know this will be another 6-8 months atleast but it’s nice to know stuff is happening lol.

Comment

• TXSP
            TXSP commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve heard of it being as little as a month from BI interview until adjudication. So, hope you find out something soon. Good luck.

• Bbreezie
            Bbreezie commented
            Editing a comment
            If your already FED LEO they won't even contact anyone just reciprocate your current BI as long as it has been done as an SSBI. But the process is quick but no movement after adjudication due to no classes.

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Are all TS SCIs considered SSBI? My BI is through the Army, I believe OPM or DCSA did the investigation.

• JamoStu
            JamoStu commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m only BOP and have a Secret from the Army so i need a real BI lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3928 users online. 257 members and 3671 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X