Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So everyone just be patient. I am still currently in the process from the July 2018 Hiring. Here is my timeline to give you guys an idea how backed up they are:

July 2018 Application
    October 2018 Referral to Hiring Manager
    October 2019 Interview Invitation
    December 2019 Interview in Dallas, TX (I live in Oregon I mind you)
    December 2019 TOL
    Jan 2020 Medical
    February 2020 Drug Testing
    June 10, 2020 First EQIP and Fingerprint notification
    September 2020 Second EQIP and Fingerprint (Because they did not timely start my background I had to start over)

It was radio silence after that......

I emailed HR June 9 and was advised that my application would remain active until at least December. After that I may have to reapply..... Just be prepared for a long road

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      Has your BI been adjudicated and all you need is the FIT?

• KingCharles28
      KingCharles28 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes BI is adjudicated just waiting on FIT. It sounds like, from my inside the system source, that all applicants are being extended as long as they were in good standing in the process.

• Received medical appointment email. Says to print DEA forms and bring agency specific Form 325. Anyone know what those are? Or did they make a mistake. All I have are forms USM-522 and VA Reports.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      That's nuts, what a broken system. It's costing everyone a lot of time and money to sit on these applications, while most districts are severely understaffed now.

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah the lowest bidder gets the contract. QTC is a **** show

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      NorthLions308 How did you figure out your medical wasn't clear? I suspect I might be in the same situation. Last thing I did on this process was the second part of my medical, almost a year ago. I've had radio silence since.

• NorthLions308
      NorthLions308 commented
      Editing a comment
      parkscout93, I never received the email stating I was clear for Fit Test but I had my background completed. My gut told me to make sure everything on my end was completed. I sent a email asking if my medical was clear and it wasnt. So they gave me 20 days or so to get the info in, if i didnt get in i would be out the process.

• parkscout93 Contact the DUSM.EXAM email address to ask for your status and confirmation that medical is complete. That will be the quickest way to receive a response. No one ever answers the medical email address.

Comment

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya i was shocked how he fast that was. Like i said I clarified with HRD if they meant adjudicated or approved and moved to adjudication process and they explained my BI was approved (adjudicated) so that’s good news

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      They must be moving more quickly on the BIs if they can meet you and then clear you a month later. I've never heard of it happening that fast at any agency unless they were giving you reciprocity for another agency's recent adjudication.

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Winter_Patriot - It’s really not too far fetched. Background Investigation field work can generally be done in about 2-3 weeks. The adjudication portion of the background is what takes the longest. Being that there hasn’t been any on-boarding for close to 9 months or so now, I’d bet their adjudicators are sitting at empty desks and adjudicating as the files touch.

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Donjuan85657 that is exactly what I was thinking, their Adjudications is probably getting things done as they come in, since covid/no hiring etcetc

• Anyone from the Atlanta morning Info Session in December, 2020 (Schedule B) got an interview date yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbc471 View Post
      Anyone from the Atlanta morning Info Session in December, 2020 (Schedule B) got an interview date yet?
      I interviewed in April in Salt Lake City

Comment

• Originally posted by JamoStu View Post

I interviewed in April in Salt Lake City
        I just got referred 3 weeks ago. Applied May 14th. Weird how much different the process is for everyone.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I would guess it has to do with how quickly the information session district acts on your screening questionnaire. People who did info sessions in the northeast around the time I did, they didn't have any movement for quite awhile.

• Winter_Patriot they seem to be pretty consistent for the most part with 2 months from referral email. That is, from what I have read.

Comment

• I was one of those NE info session guys that waited a while for an invite to apply. Once the invite to apply came though, they have been moving at a good pace and have been consistent. My hope is that they worked through backlogs and this pace will keep up.

Comment

• Dbc471
            Dbc471 commented
            Editing a comment
            My info session was in December, and I didn't get the invite to apply until May. So 5 months, then exactly a month later the referral came. That was the last thing I heard.

• bondman007
            bondman007 commented
            Editing a comment
            Deleted...
            Last edited by bondman007; 07-02-2021, 11:57 AM. Reason: Wrong post

• Had my medical in February, emailed EXAM.DUSM to verify. They don’t have a completion date for my medical, but my background does. Any suggestions on who to contact to ensure medical doesn’t slip through the cracks?

Comment

• bondman007
            bondman007 commented
            Editing a comment
            I reached out to the medical email about 2 months ago (may) for an update since I did my medical in Jan. They said they haven't even seen my medical packet yet and it might take up to 90 days for them to receive/ process it... And I emailed them on day 90 soo... Gotta touch base with them again after the Holiday.

• TXSP
            TXSP commented
            Editing a comment
            I emailed the medical folks once and it was about two weeks for a reply. I just asked if they had everything they needed. When they finally replied, all they said was right now they didn’t need anything but would reach out if something came up.

• NorthLions308
            NorthLions308 commented
            Editing a comment
            See i jus talked about this… Dnt assume ur stuff is cleared because u made it to the next step. Medical and HR are two separate entities. Send as many email possible to get an answer.

[email protected]

• DeepseaPD
            DeepseaPD commented
            Editing a comment
            100%, I should have followed up sooner. We’ll see what happens.

• Any suggestions on whether I should check the "Nationwide" box vs. regional selections? Does it help with selection by HRD?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            No clear answer, depends who you ask. Some people say it’s a formality at this point in the process. If you’re worried and want every edge possible, check the nationwide box. I checked SW and he region I actually prefer.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            I also checked only the regions I preferred.

• Jumping way ahead here, but is there any way that one could be appointed to fugitives as their first assignment?

Comment

• Yes if u go to a small office ur squad could do it all.

Comment

• Dbc471
              Dbc471 commented
              Editing a comment
              God I would be in heaven

• Dbc471
              Dbc471 commented
              Editing a comment
              After 13 years of domestics and stepping in dog**** a change will be nice.
              Last edited by Dbc471; 07-09-2021, 09:39 PM.

• So I just got an email to submit my official college transcripts in order to remain in the process. Only issue is that the site I used to order them directly from the school says I am ineligible to receive official PDF copies (I graduated college sometime ago), so I had to order hard copies (which can take 3-10 business days to deliver), then I have to scan them and email them over. They gave me until July 20th COB to email the official scanned copies.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              Why do they need official copies? With the USAJobs app, I sent scans of certified transcripts (technically not certified once the envelope is opened) and that was fine.

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              Winter_Patriot your guess is as good as mine. I uploaded unofficial copies to the USA Jobs announcement but the email came out of the blue yesterday.

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              That sounds really random. I wonder if it's your background investigator or someone in HRD that needs them? I always thought that unofficial copies were enough. A BI usually prefers to get actual transcripts or diplomas directly from the school.

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              Winter_Patriot the email came from HRD (USMS.Recruitment)

• Found a good meme in relation to the USMS process

mfrrm.jpg

Comment

• FNG41YR
              FNG41YR commented
              Editing a comment
              Indeed

• SuccessfulVibes
              SuccessfulVibes commented
              Editing a comment
              This actually made me LOL

• In the TOL it states you will receive next steps for medical and background within 45 days. Medical came quick and am getting that done next week. I have not heard anything from BIP email for the eQIP process. I am coming up on 45 days from email. So far the process has been quick. Just curious if anyone else is in the same situation.
            Last edited by Chicks406; 07-14-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3894 users online. 251 members and 3643 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X