Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the same email as most people about following assessment this upcoming weekend. In regards to the resume they want would you say the resume needs to be a federal styled resume or civilian? If that makes sense?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I went with a federal style one. About 2.5 pages. Tailor your resume to the questions in the screening questionnaire and the vacancy announcement. If you don't use the same or very similar language when describing your qualifications/experience, it may not count.

• IVAHN
      IVAHN commented
      Editing a comment
      Are any of you guys doing a cover letter with your resume?

• Chicks406
      Chicks406 commented
      Editing a comment
      I built my own federal resume and did not include a cover page. I also built one off USAJOBS but didn’t like the format as much.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I included a cover letter with information not contained in my resume. It’s not required and I don’t know if anyone looked at it, but it never hurts to do extra.

• Hello everyone ,

I have my interview a month from now. What can I expect in the interview and what’s the next step ?
    New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• Anyone scheduled for an interview in Texas next month? Got the email today.

Comment

• Does anyone know if they want your entire employment history or just your professional history. I worked numerous jobs while in high school and on into college before my professional career started.

Comment

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe a common timeline is 10 years? So if those jobs fall within that timeline you may want to add them. This may also be for the background. I might be conflating the two, assuming you are talking about the resume and not SF86.

• Curious about the process for anyone who recently started. Mine is below:

applied 2020 recent graduate June 2, 2020
        took assessment June 3, 2020, did not get picked up with 85.
        went to information session March 2021
        interviewed April 2021
        TOL June 1, 2021
        link to apply June 10, 2021
        applied June 11, 2021
        needed to take assessment again, completed June 11 2021.

Seems slightly backwards but hopefully next step is medical and background?

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Where do you guys find assessment scores? I passed mine and was referred but I'm curious if there is a numerical score I can see.

• TXSP
          TXSP commented
          Editing a comment
          I passed and was referred also, but never saw a number on anything from the assessment.

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          On my assessment from the recent graduate announcement last year, it was at the end of the Notice of Results. It stated eligible for the following position GL-0082-7 based on your self-rating of your qualifications. (85)

It's kind of hidden at the end and doesn't say it's your score but it is. I have not received my results from the one I took yesterday so I don't know if they do it the same for schedule B.

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          They do not give out the assessment scores from the actual test only the self rating portion you can see that. Which is this questions you answer when filling out the application.

• Received my referral today for 5 and 7, but nothing after that so far.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          According to some people, being referred is the toughest part.

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          It seems there is no one standard being followed in terms of steps. I got the interview email and date confirmation, then the referral email AFTER that. I did my info session in October 2020 and didn't get the invite to apply until April (other people got it in a month or so). Once I applied and took the assessment though, I got the next steps almost exactly a month later.

• Dbc471
          Dbc471 commented
          Editing a comment
          So for me, Info sesh in Atlanta December 9 '20, Invite and applied May 15th, referred June 14th. I have seen where some received interviews same day as referral, but as of now, nothing. My buddy works for Customs and had the same dates and steps as me, and was ineligible. When I get my offer, I'm gonna ask for 7 if they offer me 5. The only answer it no if you don't ask, right?

• Dbc471
          Dbc471 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wondering how long it will take to get my Structured Interview date now that I got the referral email?

• Recieved my Medical Email today.

Info Session in ATL- Dec 2020
        Invite to Apply and assessments- Jan 2021
        Referred- Feb 2021
        Structured Interview in SLC- Apr 2021
        Tentative Offer Letter- May 2021
        Medical Exam Scheduled- June 2021
        Last edited by JamoStu; 06-15-2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          ranger things that’s what I did. There was a lot of info in there but I think that’s it until you get scheduled.

• ranger things
          ranger things commented
          Editing a comment
          Chicks406 thanks

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          ranger things, that's all I did. I also did say how far I'd be willing to travel (about four hours away), because there were some FOH clinics where I'd have overnight stay options. The local FOH was closed, so I ended up being sent to a contractor clinic 10 minutes away.

Had some issues with scheduling the contractor -- they were going to send me two hours away when there was a place in my town. The scheduling people also scheduled me an appointment without telling me (sent to wrong email address). Definitely need to follow up with you're dealing with a contractor like QTC.

• ranger things
          ranger things commented
          Editing a comment
          Winter_Patriot I appreciate the info

• Wondering how long it will take to get my Structured Interview date now that I got the referral email?

Comment

• TXSP
          TXSP commented
          Editing a comment
          That likely depends on when they host the next round of interviews. I got the email about interview around three weeks before the actual interview.

• Dbc471
          Dbc471 commented
          Editing a comment
          TXSP, I am hoping it is somewhere within driving distance. If not, I will have to book a flight and hotel. I don't mind that, but it is summer and they book up quick depending on the location.

• Anyone call QTC to schedule medical exam and the representative asked some questions and said that they will pass your information to a case worker to call you back to schedule the medical exam?

Comment

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same. I am calling this afternoon to the direct line they provided. We only have a week to reply to the email with our date? The TB test needs to be done beforehand correct?

• LEOblue
          LEOblue commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe we do our TB test when we get scheduled for the medical exam. If anything they’ll probably send information on where to get the TB test if it needs to be done before the medical exam.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          If you go through a contractor, they do the medical the first day and have you come back for the TB results. Opposite with FOH for my current agency.

HRD told me they're waiving the 7 day rule.

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          If the QTC or FOH do not call back within the week on the 4th or 5th day email the exam email and HRD will tell you that they will find a new location for you. The week thing is nothing to worry about.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2643 users online. 142 members and 2501 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X