Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the same email as most people about following assessment this upcoming weekend. In regards to the resume they want would you say the resume needs to be a federal styled resume or civilian? If that makes sense?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I went with a federal style one. About 2.5 pages. Tailor your resume to the questions in the screening questionnaire and the vacancy announcement. If you don't use the same or very similar language when describing your qualifications/experience, it may not count.

• IVAHN
      IVAHN commented
      Editing a comment
      Are any of you guys doing a cover letter with your resume?

• Chicks406
      Chicks406 commented
      Editing a comment
      I built my own federal resume and did not include a cover page. I also built one off USAJOBS but didn’t like the format as much.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I included a cover letter with information not contained in my resume. It’s not required and I don’t know if anyone looked at it, but it never hurts to do extra.

• Hello everyone ,

I have my interview a month from now. What can I expect in the interview and what’s the next step ?
    New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• Dbc471
      Dbc471 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am waiting on the interview as well. The only thing that I keep seeing is they ask you situational questions relative to your experience. They want detailed answers on those. Be yourself, be real and honest. That's all I know to do.

• Anyone scheduled for an interview in Texas next month? Got the email today.

Comment

• Does anyone know if they want your entire employment history or just your professional history. I worked numerous jobs while in high school and on into college before my professional career started.

Comment

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe a common timeline is 10 years? So if those jobs fall within that timeline you may want to add them. This may also be for the background. I might be conflating the two, assuming you are talking about the resume and not SF86.

• Curious about the process for anyone who recently started. Mine is below:

applied 2020 recent graduate June 2, 2020
      took assessment June 3, 2020, did not get picked up with 85.
      went to information session March 2021
      interviewed April 2021
      TOL June 1, 2021
      link to apply June 10, 2021
      applied June 11, 2021
      needed to take assessment again, completed June 11 2021.

Seems slightly backwards but hopefully next step is medical and background?

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where do you guys find assessment scores? I passed mine and was referred but I'm curious if there is a numerical score I can see.

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        I passed and was referred also, but never saw a number on anything from the assessment.

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        On my assessment from the recent graduate announcement last year, it was at the end of the Notice of Results. It stated eligible for the following position GL-0082-7 based on your self-rating of your qualifications. (85)

It's kind of hidden at the end and doesn't say it's your score but it is. I have not received my results from the one I took yesterday so I don't know if they do it the same for schedule B.

• Bbreezie
        Bbreezie commented
        Editing a comment
        They do not give out the assessment scores from the actual test only the self rating portion you can see that. Which is this questions you answer when filling out the application.

• Received my referral today for 5 and 7, but nothing after that so far.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        According to some people, being referred is the toughest part.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems there is no one standard being followed in terms of steps. I got the interview email and date confirmation, then the referral email AFTER that. I did my info session in October 2020 and didn't get the invite to apply until April (other people got it in a month or so). Once I applied and took the assessment though, I got the next steps almost exactly a month later.

• Dbc471
        Dbc471 commented
        Editing a comment
        So for me, Info sesh in Atlanta December 9 '20, Invite and applied May 15th, referred June 14th. I have seen where some received interviews same day as referral, but as of now, nothing. My buddy works for Customs and had the same dates and steps as me, and was ineligible. When I get my offer, I'm gonna ask for 7 if they offer me 5. The only answer it no if you don't ask, right?

• Dbc471
        Dbc471 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wondering how long it will take to get my Structured Interview date now that I got the referral email?

• Recieved my Medical Email today.

Info Session in ATL- Dec 2020
      Invite to Apply and assessments- Jan 2021
      Referred- Feb 2021
      Structured Interview in SLC- Apr 2021
      Tentative Offer Letter- May 2021
      Medical Exam Scheduled- June 2021
      Last edited by JamoStu; 06-15-2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        ranger things that’s what I did. There was a lot of info in there but I think that’s it until you get scheduled.

• ranger things
        ranger things commented
        Editing a comment
        Chicks406 thanks

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        ranger things, that's all I did. I also did say how far I'd be willing to travel (about four hours away), because there were some FOH clinics where I'd have overnight stay options. The local FOH was closed, so I ended up being sent to a contractor clinic 10 minutes away.

Had some issues with scheduling the contractor -- they were going to send me two hours away when there was a place in my town. The scheduling people also scheduled me an appointment without telling me (sent to wrong email address). Definitely need to follow up with you're dealing with a contractor like QTC.

• ranger things
        ranger things commented
        Editing a comment
        Winter_Patriot I appreciate the info

• Wondering how long it will take to get my Structured Interview date now that I got the referral email?

Comment

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        That likely depends on when they host the next round of interviews. I got the email about interview around three weeks before the actual interview.

• Dbc471
        Dbc471 commented
        Editing a comment
        TXSP, I am hoping it is somewhere within driving distance. If not, I will have to book a flight and hotel. I don't mind that, but it is summer and they book up quick depending on the location.

• Anyone call QTC to schedule medical exam and the representative asked some questions and said that they will pass your information to a case worker to call you back to schedule the medical exam?

Comment

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bbreezie I emailed medical and HRD today. HRD responded and told me not to email them because I am in the hiring process. Just a heads up if anyone is running into the same issue.

• BK4448
        BK4448 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, I did this as well. Going to call on Tuesday, if I don't hear anything on Monday.

• LEOblue
        LEOblue commented
        Editing a comment
        Has anyone been contacted about their appointment date? I haven’t heard anything.
        Last edited by LEOblue; 06-25-2021, 09:09 PM.

• ranger things
        ranger things commented
        Editing a comment
        LEOblue I heard back within a day after calling QTC and got my appointment scheduled.

• Chicks406 i would only email the guys on the email you received about medical and sending the it back to HRD it's a specific email that deals with hiring.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        People have emailed the Exam address to get status updates in the past.

• Anyone been hearing about a possible FY22 class happening in October?

Comment

• BK4448
        BK4448 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have no idea, but I imagine they must be hurting for people, if they went a while without hiring during covid.

• Just finished up my application and assessments. I know that if you’re only eligible for GL-5 and choose 7 on the application that they won’t automatically drop you to a 5. Was wondering if that’s the case in reverse? I’m 7 eligible, but didn’t know until after I submitted that I could have chosen both. Will they refer me as a 7 if my qualifications match?

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        We were told to choose both grade levels regardless of what we qualify for. OPM assigns the grade you get referred at and the working out of which grade you get hired at comes afterwards when you deal with the USMS HRD. If you choose one grade, but you qualify for the other, there is a chance you wont be referred and your application is basically terminated at that point (not referred).

Edit to add: You didn't apply for the GL-7, you won't get referred at the GL-7 regardless of qualifications. OPM can only refer you to the grades you check off on the application.

• So I have a bit of a conundrum. I am 35, just got referred but no interview email yet. I have been trying to snag a sworn fed job to start my time so I don't go over the age. I did an interview with VA Police today and they are probably going to hire me. I turn 36 in January and that's likely when their academy will begin. On the paperwork they sent me to fill out it reads "The present retirement system and disability compensation provisions applicable to most Federal employees also apply to VA Police Officers. The 20 year retirement applicable to some Federal law enforcement personnel does not apply to VA Police Officer". So does this mean that this position will not even start my time regardless? Is it a waste of time? I will have to attend a 10 week academy in Little Rock for the position. It is a GS-0083-6. I appreciate any help, if anyone knows the answer.

Comment

• Dbc471
        Dbc471 commented
        Editing a comment
        Winter_Patriot I am hoping that I made it through the Marshals Process/Academy before the age cap. I will keep my eyes open. I am kind of hesitant to take a job with some of those due to having to go through their academy, then turn around and do another one with the Marshals.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Sent you a PM. For what it's worth, I was told by one DUSM recruiter that if you apply before age 37, that the agency can/will still appoint you even if you're past age 37 at time of appointment. I've also heard that it's just a "maybe" too.

• Dbc471
        Dbc471 commented
        Editing a comment
        Winter_Patriot I have heard the same. A buddy of mine was a Marined detached to the USSS. He said they granted waivers for age all the time for such circumstances. I hope that's the case anyway. I wish this VA job was covered, I would have taken it.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        One other thing to note -- there's a bill before Congress now to make these VA and static-post type jobs 6c covered. Not sure if it will happen, probably nothing to count on, but it might tip the scales for you. If age is an issue I'd still take the VA job while looking for a 6c covered job that you can do long-term.

• Just completed my SI in Philly, all I can say is read over the prep guide and use the STAR method when answering.

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to know! Mine is tomorrow

• What were your general timeframes from interview to TOL? Also, does anyone know if they reciprocate current TS/SCI clearances?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        NYC1175 - The timeframe from Interview to TOL is generally a few months. The screeching halt comes after…Medical, Background, sitting in the “Cleared for hire” Purgatory, and just knowing absolutely nothing about what’s going on.

For context; Next week will be two years for me since I attended my info session. Been cleared for hire since early this year. No indication of movement since.

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Also they should accept your clearance….depends who issued it and how cooperative that security will be with USMS security. I know because they rolled mine over.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        I contacted HRD about my Army TS-SCI background transferring over. They said it's not automatic but that it will be considered. There are other federal LEOs I know whose OPM clearances transferred over directly without any issue.

• Montey
        Montey commented
        Editing a comment
        Reading the threads on here, some have gotten it as early as 11 days. Hoping us Philly folk get it soon rather then later.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4093 users online. 279 members and 3814 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X