Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we know if our medical is cleared or not. Also did anyone who has done the medical have to wait for the chart review before they say you can leave the facility?

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess I don’t know what a chart review is. I met with the dr and did the physical exam and then he said I need to not eat as much red meat (I didn’t tell him I butchered a beef two weeks before) and then the nurse said I was good to go and I left.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Like the MD reviewing the forms and tests? I didn’t. He just signed his portion and the nurse handled the paperwork.

• Ok seems similar to mine the. The doc said I was good to leave and then told me to stand by and then the nurse came out and said your good to go.

Comment

• Check your email SLC peeps. What a great way to start the weekend.

Comment

• Lwoods633
        Lwoods633 commented
        Editing a comment
        I interviewed that Tuesday. Don't have an email yet. No news is good news I guess.

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. I also interviewed Tuesday and no email. Do you mind sharing when and where you went to an information session?

• JamoStu
        JamoStu commented
        Editing a comment
        Interviewed the last day on Friday. My info session was NGA Region in December

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        How do you receive information on passing the interview? I emailed the recruitment department about the assessment test. In my email I asked about passing the interview, they advised I did pass. However, I assume you don’t usually receive them from the recruitment email? Thanks in advance.

• Anyone who interviewed in SLC on Wednesday 04/21 receive any TOLs yet?

Comment

• I interviewed on Tuesday in SLC and just received a TOL! So much for only Fridays lol

Comment

• TXSP
          TXSP commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!

• Mav222
          Mav222 commented
          Editing a comment
          Got TOL! Woot

• LEOblue
          LEOblue commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats!! When did you interview ?

• Hey does anyone have the email foe the office of security programs? It should be the department that emailed to schedule fingerprints and eqips. I haven't been scheduled yet so I wanted to reach out to them. Thank you!

Comment

• Tayllerr
          Tayllerr commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know enough about them to say. I had a secret when I joined the army in 2010 and I got out in 2018. Would I still have that clearance?

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          Most likely they can use part of your secret but if you have not been vetted by OPM before you will have to do everything from the start. It would be an SF86. Just reach out and they can point you in the right direction.

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          You’ll have go through another bi

• Tayllerr
          Tayllerr commented
          Editing a comment
          Figured it out. As someone pointed out, I didn't read the email thoroughly for the TOL. I responded to the email address with my background forms and not to the listed email aw. So much for all that attention to detail the army taught me haha

• Received a TO in November, completed Med in February, have a clearance with DOD, but nothing since. No news is good news hopefully.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they accept your OPM BI then?

• What clearance level is required for this position? I was caught off guard when they said they do not use a poly for applicants.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I know that TS is a Tier 5 equivalent, not sure if Secret is also the same.

• Redbank
          Redbank commented
          Editing a comment
          This is from an OIG report in 2005, so it might have changed but looks like you hire on as High Risk Public Trust and then get a secret clearance after finishing training. It looks like some may get TS eventually but I assume that is ones who promote to 1811.

"For applicants who are tentatively selected for employment, the USMS initiates a full background investigation for which OPM investigates all issues necessary for both the high-risk public trust and national security Secret levels. Through this process, the USMS believes it saves resources and eliminates the need to hire deputy marshals on waivers. After the background investigations are completed, applicants who have been approved are hired at the high-risk public trust level and sent to USMS basic training. After basic training is completed, the USMS routinely requests Secret clearances for the new deputy marshals."

https://oig.justice.gov/reports/USMS/e0502/back.htm

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Usms requires a Top secret/tier 5 investigation. Source: I and previous co workers at my old job used to investigate people for those positions. Having a secret doesn't help or hinder you from the job, its just something you list on the eqip form that you previously held one. I did no where the amount of field work for secret clearances, compared to TS'. USMS doesn't do polygraphs because they aren't typicallly in the business of writing reports/investigations that result in an individual becoming a convicted criminal. The vast majority of people they go after are already known and convicted criminals.
          Last edited by Levithane; 05-29-2021, 11:15 PM.

• Adrenaline54
          Adrenaline54 commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting. Thanks for the information! Clears things up.

• Does anyone know that if you mark down "willing to go to any location nationwide" on your geographic preferences sheet as opposed to checking off preferred locations that it will increase your chances of being picked up?

Comment

• TXSP
          TXSP commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve asked that question to people in the agency and cannot get a definitive answer. I don’t think it will bump you ahead or speed things up, but it sure might mean you end up being selected before others who restrict their locations. But I really don’t know.

• ranger things
          ranger things commented
          Editing a comment
          The sheet itself says that its just for letting them know your preference and that you can still be placed anywhere. The way I looked at it was, if they want to hire me and they cant put me where I wanted they'll still hire me. They're looking to hire the best candidates, period. Not the kind of good candidate that isn't picky so we'll choose them over the better candidate who listed a preferred location..

• How long should you wait after the interview to email recruitment about your status if you passed or failed? I haven’t received neither. From my understanding reading the forums the ineligible emails for the ones who didn’t pass the interview were sent out first.

Did my interview 04/21 in SLC.

Comment

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t have an answer for how long, however, I emailed them last week and I interviewed 4/20 in SLC. I emailed them about a separate issue but they included the fact I passed. So they probably know yours as well.

• LEOblue
          LEOblue commented
          Editing a comment
          Great thank you! I’ll go ahead and email them.

• Does anyone know how the sit and reach portion of the FIT works? Out of every portion of the FIT I think I’m most concerned about that because my hamstrings are far from flexible.

Comment

• GardenStateCO
          GardenStateCO commented
          Editing a comment
          If you can keep your legs completely straight and put both palms completely flat on the floor you should be fine.

• Referred for GL5 and 7. Interview in June. Lets get it.

Comment

• TXSP
          TXSP commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! TXSP

• Hi everyone,
        Schedule B 2020 here. Attended info session December 9th, invite and applied on 5/15. Any idea how long for referrals after applying/assessments?

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the referral about a month after applying/assessment.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          It was a few weeks for me, from application/assessment to referral. I applied late December and interviewed Mid-March 2021. TOL came a few weeks after that. Waiting on the BI and medical process now.

• Dbc471
          Dbc471 commented
          Editing a comment
          I may seem ignorant to ask this, but what does TOL stand for? I have always wanted to be a Marshal, but I'm 35 and this is kind of my only shot before I'm over the age limit.

• It seems like they're giving out a lot of TOL's. I'm wondering if this is normal or they're looking to do some serious hiring for FY 2022. I wonder how high the percentage is of people who make it all the way through and don't get picked up. That kind of stinks and would be a waste of money for the Marshal Service.

You would think they'd only give out a TOL if they were really serious about a candidate. I'm hoping that's the case for all of us, but it just seems like they don't weed too many out after the interviews. I don't know anybody at the Marshals, so I don't really get a chance to get any "inside" information. Hoping for a massive amount of classes for us all lol.
        Last edited by BK4448; 06-02-2021, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Winter_Patriot this makes sense. I consider my grammar skills to be pretty high but the assessment 's grammar section still threw me for a loop.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          It's an overly tough test that probably isn't representative of the actual job duties. I write regular reports for a federal judge and I've never been as scrutinized as this USMS assessment.

• Ser Oly
          Ser Oly commented
          Editing a comment
          That grammar was definitely rough. I assumed that's where I lost most of my points. I emailed to see where I failed, and I was told I didn't fail any portion, but that I didn't get enough points overall. Now I need to wait until October to be able to attend another information session.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't get the scoring system. I thought it was a pass/fail. Sounds like it's possible to "pass," but still not move on because they set the cutoff at something higher than the fail percentage?

• Interview scheduled for June. Without violating NDA of course what can I expect?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4203 users online. 273 members and 3930 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X