Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun question. Has anyone that has gotten the courtesy email (your in the process) after the info session, then ever gotten a link to apply and complete the assessment. Curious if this is a kind form of the bqa email. Thanks

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the courtesy email in January 2021 (I attended an info session in October 2020) and got the link to apply and complete the assessment at the end of April. Getting the courtesy email means you were selected to move forward; the wait is just really long.

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I really think the info session is where they rank you based on the experience questionnaire you fill out. I think they run batches of 48 (one class) applicants at a time through the process. So if you’re not in the first batch, there will be a longer wait, but that’s why you hear of folks getting emails 6 months after a step and they keep moving forward.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you’re right about the questionnaire ranking system. The people in the first batch are almost always current LEOs or veterans. The rankings don’t always make sense though. One of my friends is an 1811 with prior state LE experience and is in the second batch.

• Westview87, What i learned from this process is that USMS wont tell you if you passed, only if you failed they will notify you. If you haven't heard anything in over 6 months reach out.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      No news is usually good news with government job apps.

• FYI for anyone doing the QTC medical. Once I was at the appointment, I was told I needed documentation about my blood type. I didn’t have that with me. I was still able to complete the rest of the medical. The instructions and forms never asked about blood type.

I brought my adult vaccine records per HRD. The doctor wanted my childhood records too, which I didn’t have. I did bring titer results but they weren’t sure if those would count.

Also, make sure they do the phoria vertical and horizontal tests. One of the screening forms doesn’t require it, but there’s another page where it does come up.
    Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 05-10-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      It's weird how every clinic does it a little differently, even when we're using the same forms. I'm not sure why anyone would care what our blood type was prior to the appointment. The labs should all show that anyway.

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      When I did my original medical for USMS in 2019, none of those issues came up. Strange.

I don't know how on earth I would find childhood vaccine records. I have the vaccine records from the military and my COVID vaccine card.

Blood type documents I have from the American Red Cross donation records.

Sounds like a cluster F.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it was more of an ordeal than I expected. I called my mom and asked her to text me photos of my childhood vaccine records. They only showed a couple vaccines though. Hoping the titers are good enough for HRD. It could be a situation where the clinic was strict but where HRD is reasonable.

• illini372
      illini372 commented
      Editing a comment
      For those of in the military, your immunization records should be accessible on your iPerms/MEDPROS. Mine were complete and up to date from when I was kid until my last one.

• Anyone from the April round of Salt Lake City interviews hear anything?

Comment

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      Got my TOL today!

• JamoStu
      JamoStu commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn that’s disheartening lol. Congrats on all who received their TOL for SLC group. Hopefully send them out in waves.
      Last edited by JamoStu; 05-16-2021, 07:00 AM.

• Lwoods633
      Lwoods633 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing yet for me either. Maybe tomorrow?

• LEOblue
      LEOblue commented
      Editing a comment
      For those who received the TOL what day did you interview?

• Finally just got my email to apply on usajobs!!
    Info Session: NOV 2020
    Email still in recruitment process: JAN 2021
    Email still in recruitment process: APR 2021
    Applied/Written Assessment: MAY 2021

Navy Veteran
    Masters degree
    Current Federal Employee

Comment

• Adrenaline54
      Adrenaline54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the assessment done at home?

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      Anywhere you have a computer and reliable internet.

• Adrenaline54
      Adrenaline54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the exam proctored or based on the honor system?

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess the honor system, but I really don’t remember anything that a search engine would have helped me with.

• So I was wondering what the typical dress attire was at the info session? I am assuming a suit and tie, but wanted to confirm with everyone here.

Comment

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      When I attended a session in 2018 in San Diego, several guys weren't wearing suits OR ties and the DUSMs gave them a really hard time. I don't know if they continued forward in the hiring process.

• Adrenaline54
      Adrenaline54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for confirming. I had assumed a suit was appropriate, but wanted to double check. Thanks

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      How did y'all dress for the medical?

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I wore a thong to make it awkward for the dr.

Jk, I wore jeans and an untucked button down shirt. It’s just like a regular dr appointment…

• Anybody from the Dallas or Philly interviews finish medical and waiting to start the background or have already started that step?

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven’t confirmed it, but HRD should have received my completed medical packet Monday this week.

I submitted eQIP and fingerprints three weeks ago today. Haven’t heard anything on it yet though.

• Northernheat
      Northernheat commented
      Editing a comment
      I have completed medical, waiting for background/E-Quip email.

• ChargingForward
      ChargingForward commented
      Editing a comment
      I submitted my eQip on 4/22 and did my medical on 5/4. If you haven’t gotten the email to schedule your medical exam, I would highly recommend googling the nearest FOH facility before you reply to your “nearest major city” email. I was scheduled at a contracted occupational health clinic for 10am and didn’t leave until 5pm. It was a complete cluster.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Good advice there. If you can’t get into FOH, don’t necessarily take the scheduler’s word for it on the closest QTC contractor. The first scheduler told me I’d need to drive 90 minutes away, to a smaller town. It turned out there was a contractor a few miles from me.

• Fingerprints and EQip kinda go hand n hand. Finger prints active ur EQip. Once ur fingerprints are cleared through HRD ur EQip will come next. Backgrounds will take a lil minute to get to you. But it should be finished pretty quickly, within two or 3 weeks depending if nothing questionable comes up.

Comment

• Im sure the answer to this will vary greatly. But after the Info sesh, how long until you typically get the email to apply?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        It's really all over the place. I know current 1811s who weren't in the first wave of application invites. I'm sure COVID has something to do with all the delays. I also went to my San Diego info session in October 2020, so things may have been moving faster out of that district.

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got an email to attend an interview 28 days after the information session.

• Adrenaline54
        Adrenaline54 commented
        Editing a comment
        You had an interview before the assessment ?

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took the assessment for the 2020 recent grad announcement so it’s still good for another months.

Comment

• I received a TOL today from the Salt Lake interviews. Anybody else?

Comment

• Dug_Diggler
          Dug_Diggler commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing yet... what day did you interview?

Also... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

• BK4448
          BK4448 commented
          Editing a comment
          I interviewed Monday, the first day of interviews.

• Aesirr
          Aesirr commented
          Editing a comment
          I interviewed that Thursday and haven’t heard anything yet.

• Originally posted by BK4448 View Post
        I received a TOL today from the Salt Lake interviews. Anybody else?
        nothing for me yet

Comment

• JamoStu
          JamoStu commented
          Editing a comment
          Same, i hope that’s not a bad sign.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          you’re probably fine. The ineligible emails go out first. You would likely know already if you were out. TOLs appear to go out in batches based on when you interview. I interviewed on a Friday and was one of the last people from Dallas to get an offer.

• Dug_Diggler
          Dug_Diggler commented
          Editing a comment
          Anyone get anything this week?

• Does anyone know if any portion of the USMS process is "pause-able" or "permanent" like portions of the FBI process is (for example, your Phase 2 interview results with the FBI are good for life), or do you have to restart from zero (back to the information session) with the USMS if you have to take some time off from it?

Comment

• Army101
          Army101 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe everything is good for one year.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Hoping I don't have to do that medical again, what a pain that was to schedule and actually get through. So many errors with the paperwork and the staff forgetting some of the vision tests.

• TXSP
          TXSP commented
          Editing a comment
          My medical went very smooth. The Houston FOH is very efficient.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice. That may be the difference between FOH and QTC. I've heard horror stories with QTC contractors.

• Has anyone else been contacted by their bg investigator yet? I have a phone interview with mine scheduled for tomorrow.

Comment

• TXSP
          TXSP commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate
          I bet you don’t hear anything at all until they schedule your FIT and then the academy.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          TX, why do you say that?

• TXSP
          TXSP commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess in my head it just makes sense that you get to skip this step. Maybe you’ll hear something about the FIT test next. Probably before all of us (who need a background done) get to the FIT.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          ^ I hope you're right

• ChargingForward That's good info to know. I got my TOL about a week later. Haven't heard anything from a background investigator yet.

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          You have a current clearance though, right?

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Right, I have a Top Secret from the military last year and I’m a current fed LEO. If neither of us have been contacted to start the background yet, that probably means we don’t have to do another background. I haven’t really heard of anyone in our cycle with a current Tier 5 having to go through another background.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          I talked to a security/clearance guy at my office and he said that it’s entirely possible USMS is simply taking my current clearance, in which case fingerprints/eqip/BI would not be necessary.

It would be nice to get confirmation but it’s encouraging to think that we aren’t beind held up.

• Jrod26
          Jrod26 commented
          Editing a comment
          I also have a current TS clearance. I was assuming they were going to contact me because my last equip investigation Is from 2016. However, I have not been contacted so I’m assuming they are going to use it after all?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3462 users online. 176 members and 3286 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X