Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received an email to start my eqip and do my finger prints.

Comment

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      What is your background like,
      ie do you have a current clearance? When did you interview?

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      That's good man. When you scheduled your medical did HR reply back after you sent them your appointment dates.

• Checkmate i interviewed at the end of march. I have. I have no background investigation done by the feds, except for the military. Bbreezie i did, i emailed them my medical dates

Comment

• Does anyone know, if you have a current BI that meets the USMS suitability requirements, will OSP contact
      you at all to fill out an e-qip or do anything else BI-related?
      USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
      08Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
      19Mar21 TOL Received
      16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical
      09Jun21 Medical Accomplished

ATF Schedule B 2021

25Jan21 Applied
      18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility
      05Jun21 PTT & SA Exam accomplished (PASS/PASS)
      16Aug21 Interviewed (PASS)
      10Sep21 Candidate Letter Received for GL-5 (ATF Portal)

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been told by others further along in the process that USMS won't re-do the BI if you have a current one that meets USMS suitability.

I emailed [email protected] about three weeks ago (interviewed mid-March). I haven't heard anything back yet about a BI or eQIP. I have a Tier 5 / TS for the Army from mid-2020, and my current fed LE job appears to have accepted that BI and adjudication.
        Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 04-27-2021, 12:21 PM.

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. I have a tier 5 with CBP and haven't been contacted by USMS to do e-qip or fingerprints. Some kind of confirmation that our BI is good to go would be nice but it sounds like those without fed LE BI's simply get contacted for the e-qip.

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d probably give it another week or two and email them. Just out of curiosity

• Finally got scheduled with FOH/QTC, but not until early June. They said they cannot do the TB test until 30 days after the 2nd COVID vaccine, which I am due for soon.
      USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      19Mar21 TOL Received

ATF Schedule B 2021

25Jan21 Applied

Comment

• Bbreezie
        Bbreezie commented
        Editing a comment
        30 days after that seems like a bunch crap they are telling you I got a TB test recently like a week after my first covid shot and my regular doctor said nothing

• Submitted my fingerprints and e-qip, doing medical next week! Not to bad

Comment

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. My info session was six months ago today. Medical will be done next week. Did fingerprints and submitted eQIP last week. Very happy with the progress, hope it doesn’t slow down. But I guess we wouldn’t be in an academy before October anyway, so maybe these last steps will wrap up before October and we will be ready to go as soon as there is a slot open.

• When is the drug test? During medical?
      With great power comes great response times.

Comment

• Any one a FED LEO who didn't get an equip invite yet? Is it cause we already tier 5 clearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bbreezie View Post
          Any one a FED LEO who didn't get an equip invite yet? Is it cause we already tier 5 clearance.
          I’ve been confused on this too. Some I’ve talked to are fed LEO’s and have been contactes for e-qip.

I myself have a tier 5 ssbi through CBP and have not been contacted.

I even reached out to the contact in my TOL inquiring, but have not heard back.

My medical is scheduled for early June.

USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
          19Mar21 TOL Received

ATF Schedule B 2021

25Jan21 Applied

Comment

• A buddy of mine was a TFO, to which they already have a clearance in place. She advised they used her BI from when she was a TFO. USMS will not tell you if u passed, they will jus move you on. But from experience, make sure you reach out to find out if your medical or anything else has been cleared.

Comment

• Bbreezie
              Bbreezie commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah same with a couple of my buddies who are already in the with the marshals that came from CBP didn't get contacted just medical then FIT test their background transferred over.

• Not sure if anyone knows the answer, if my background gets adjudicated by the marshals could that background be used for another job? Particularly the foreign service

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              My understanding is that other agencies can use the background but that they're not required to. My current agency used my Army T5 background.

• illini372
              illini372 commented
              Editing a comment
              USMS used my military T5 for backgrounds.

• Army101
              Army101 commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotcha thank you.

• is T5 req or does a t3 work?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              I am pretty sure they want a T5.

• Has anyone had any experience with, or heard anything about an applicant trying to go to a region other than where they attended the info session?

I know nothing is guaranteed until the final offer if you're lucky enough to get that far but depending on how long the process takes and how life ends up working sometimes, I figured it's worth asking.

I know the website says the following:

Deputy U.S. Marshals positions may be placed within any of the 94 districts throughout the continental United States. Applicant candidates will be assigned in the hiring regions under which they apply and to those city locations based on the need of the U.S. Marshals Service. All candidates are required to remain at their initial duty station for a minimum of three years. A mobility agreement and memorandum of understanding must be signed prior to employment.
            Last edited by bghny1995; 05-03-2021, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Chicks406
              Chicks406 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have not heard anything and some of the information seems to be mixed. A lot of people believe you WILL go to the district you went to the information session in. However, it also seems that you can go anywhere. I listed a few districts (not the one I went to the information session in) but also checked I would go anywhere.

When they provided us information at the session I went to they made it sound like you could end up in the same district but it was not the norm. I know this doesn’t help much but I am also interested and saw no one has replied yet.

• Bbreezie
              Bbreezie commented
              Editing a comment
              Chicks406
              The info session I went before I even went to the session I was emailed by the one of the deputies saying you must be willing to work San Diego to el centro as this is what you are being recruited to come to so it depends on the district I am assuming Manning and what they need cause I know the district makes the final decisions on who they pick and want.

• Chicks406
              Chicks406 commented
              Editing a comment
              Bbreezie thank you for the reply. I would love to go to the SWB so I hope it’s dependent on region that needs Marshals and not where you do the information session. However, I have heard the same thing you stated that the district hires who they want.

• Has anyone from the SLC interview wave heard any good news?

Comment

• ranger things
              ranger things commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing yet. You?

• Chicks406
              Chicks406 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing. I was thinking/hoping it would be this week. Seems fast though.

• JamoStu
              JamoStu commented
              Editing a comment
              This probably means nothing but it seems all the emails we received were on Fridays. Maybe I’m wrong lol.

• Heads up for anyone doing a medical through QTC. The USM-522 form that HRD sent us (rev 12/18) is a different version than the one QTC currently uses. Not sure if that's a problem, but I filled out the QTC version (rev 09/20) to be safe. The QTC attachment also has a USM-522f and a couple other internal FOH documents.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              HRD emailed me back -- they said to use the QTC packet, that the 12/18 version is outdated and was sent to us in error.

• Checkmate
              Checkmate commented
              Editing a comment
              ^ Awesome, thank you for all of the info!

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              no problem. It’s a long enough process as it is, didn’t want any of us to get delayed over a paperwork mixup.

• TXSP
              TXSP commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn’t notice a difference between the forms, but didn’t study them that hard. I used all the ones FOH sent me since there were like three extras. Confirmed with the nurse before I left yesterday that she had everything she needed. Said it would go out today and HRD would receive them Monday.

Back to waiting.

• Potential judgment day for those in the SLC interview way. Anyone receive any news?

Nothing on my end yet.

Comment

• Chicks406
              Chicks406 commented
              Editing a comment
              I received the courtesy email this morning but I assume those are automated and probably just a coincidence I got it today.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3912 users online. 255 members and 3657 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X