Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any experience of reapplying and failing same structured interview? I got a TOL as part of 2017 announcement (passed interview and cleared for hire) and wasn’t picked up then reapplied under Schedule B in 2019 because that vacancy announcement expired. Just curious of thoughts. Very frustrating.

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish I could help you but I have no reference for your question. You could try sending some emails, but I don’t know if they would be forthcoming on why you didn’t move on. Good luck

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      That is tough. I assumed that being cleared for hire meant getting an academy date every time.

I doubt HR will give you much feedback but it doesn't hurt to try.

• U can be cleared for hire and not be hired?

Comment

• IndexBoss
      IndexBoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you can make it through the process and not be selected by a hiring official. The last and most important step is getting selected by the hiring official, usually the Chief DUSM or Marshal in each district. They receive more qualified applicants than spots they can fill. If you are not selected by a hiring official for one district your resume is sent to others as well.

• Yes, meaning you are eligible for an academy date. You get an email from HR with locations and choose your location preference. Then your name along with others who have chosen that location are sent to selecting officials at that district office and they make final offers of employment.

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      So you chose a location and got a final offer, then it took too long and you weren’t hired?

• Yes chose a location was called by district then they made their final decision on who they wanted I guess based on the vacancies that existed in that district. Just because you get an eligible for academy date email doesn’t necessarily you will be selected I guess but you just remain in the process until another academy eligible date email..my eligibility expired so reapplied under Schedule B as advised but not sure why I had to interview again but was told that interview result expired. HR doesn’t give feedback on interview results. It’s pass or fail.

Comment

• Received an email about how to schedule my medical.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Wouldn't hurt. You may end up needing to travel somewhere further away if San Diego won't get back to you though. I'd keep trying. My local FOH has still not called me back.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        HRD told me to call QTC, because my closest FOH is closed due to COVID.

Also: "The seven day response policy is currently waived."

• hawks22
        hawks22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Winter_Patriot, if you are having a hard time with Des Moines, reach out to Omaha, that’s where I completed mine. They answered their phone first try and scheduled me the next day

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Hawks, I appreciate that, will try Omaha.

• Adult vaccination records are enough, don't need anything earlier, per the HRD Employee Medical Program.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        To piggy back - when I did my medical I was able to go to CVS and get my “Titers.” I provided those records and they sufficed for my immunization records.

• Northernheat
        Northernheat commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for this information, I appreciate it.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        That's helpful. I'm still looking for my records. Probably easier to get a titer test.

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        No prob. Anytime. Happy to help.

• For military folks, if your branch has an online portal with all your info (We have Marine Online for the USMC), you can find vaccination records there, I believe. For Marines, it is listed under your IMR (Individual Medical Record).

Comment

• Yak
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        Only saying this because mine are, this may not be the case for everyone, but they are also online on eBenefits. You can download the file.

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        You should be able to get them from tricareonline.com too.

• Army101
        Army101 commented
        Editing a comment
        parkscout93 you saved me an hour long drive to the military base to get onto medpros from a military computer. thank you

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Army101 Glad I could be of service.

• Good luck to everyone who interviewed SLC this week!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dug_Diggler View Post
        Good luck to everyone who interviewed SLC this week!
        Good luck to you also.
        Does anyone know who makes the pass/fail determination? Also, 30-60 day notification is about average for an IN or TOL? Thank you.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems to have been 2-3 weeks for most people out of Dallas.

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Even better. Thanks. The process seems to be speeding up.

• TXSP
          TXSP commented
          Editing a comment
          11 days between interview and TOL for me

• Dug_Diggler
          Dug_Diggler commented
          Editing a comment
          Do we know how many people have been received INs? I honestly don’t know how to feel after the interview.

• Anyone who had their medical scheduled when did they email you the forms the doctors require.

Comment

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah they didn't send me my stuff

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Aren't those what the USMS medical people sent you/us?

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate no when I spoke to the medical lady there is more forms emailed to you prior to your medical appointment plus the ones HR sent out we have to fill out. That is what the lady told me.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting, I wonder what would be in the forms. The HRD medical form seemed pretty thorough, similar to the forms any fed agency. Hopefully it's not a ton more paperwork.

• Is there any info regarding the number of academies for the remainder of this fiscal year as well as for the next fiscal year (I believe starting in October)? Have classes resumed the normal size yet or will they be in the near future? I have been shocked at how fast the process has been moving since December. I'm curious to see what the rest of the year may bring.

Comment

• Crash Cart
          Crash Cart commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the information ATG1729

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          ATG1729, I don't suppose you know how many applicants have been cleared for hire...? With that many slots for FY22, it could be promising depending on how many of us are or will be waiting in the wings.

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          8 full classes is 384 candidates, so if they're able to hold all of those class reservations with FLETC and there aren't any new COVID curveballs, I would say there will be a lot of happy folks on here in the next 4-16 months.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Very helpful info, thanks. I didn't realize there might be that many people going to FLETC in FY22. Those of us who are in the medical and BI process now, I wonder how many people are ahead of us. The way I see it though, the longer between now and FLETC, the more time I have to be in shape.

• Anyone that is marshal, can you describe work/life balance? Can you work overtime before your a 1811 as an 0083?

​​​

Comment

• hawks22
          hawks22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mav222 every office is different on the work life balance but I would say it’s not bad at all. As an 082 you absolutely can work OT and again it all depends on what office you go to. You can send me a PM if you want any other info
          Last edited by hawks22; 04-27-2021, 01:53 PM.

• I've called QTC twice since the medical e-mails went out and their USMS coordinator has not reached out to schedule me yet. Are any of you having luck with getting scheduled?
        USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
        13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
        18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
        16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
        08Mar21 Interviewed
        19Mar21 TOL Received
        16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
        25Jan21 Applied
        18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice, how soon did they have openings? QTC seems to be running 10-14 days out at least in my region (midwest).

• Northernheat
          Northernheat commented
          Editing a comment
          Once I called I made my apt within 7 days

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          anyone else still waiting for QTC to schedule a medical? I called them about a week ago and was told they’d reach out to me with a specific date. I’m going to keep calling them

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I called QTC. They sent my medical appointment info to the wrong email (totally different last name). It's good I called again, because I wouldn't have known they scheduled something for me next week.

• So at what point would it be wise to attend another info session and reapply? Attended one in Oct, applied, passed assessment and was told to stand by essentially via email. Around Oct would it be wise to attend another and reapply or just wait until you're told you're no longer being considered?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          At this point you guys might be better off going to a different info session, if some districts are sitting on applicant information long. I don't know of any other district from October other than EDNY that hasn't invited anyone to apply yet.

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll prob take the suggestion Winter_Patriot made and start searching for new info sessions.

• bghny1995
          bghny1995 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that even an option until October 2021 rolls around?
          I thought you could only do 1 session for a 12 month period.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          HRD told me you can attend multiple info sessions for the same vacancy. There’s no penalty but supposedly no benefit either. Although maybe there is some advantage of the first info sessions is in a district that apparently is sitting on applications?

There is a benefit to attending info sessions for different vacancies though — they’re totally separate cycles. It’s unclear if any info sessions happening this spring and summer are for the same vacancy announcement.

• NYC1175That's the one. I received the courtesy email back in January.

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here bro.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you guys get the email and invite for the assessment last week? I did and attending the same info sessions as you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3940 users online. 256 members and 3684 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X