Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my TOL today!

Comment

• Got my TOL for GL-7 as well. Interviewed in Philly.

Comment

• Northernheat
      Northernheat commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome. Congratulations!

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations!

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats, that's great. Glad to see people are getting good news in this thread.

• Northernheat not to be a downer but I’ll give you my timeline for context:

- Info session: July 2019
    - Interview: November 2019
    - Assessment/Referred for Hire: February 2020
    - TOL - April 2020
    - Medical: May 2020
    - EQIP/Fingerprints: November 2020
    - Cleared for Hire: March 2021
    - Currently waiting for a FIT Test/Final Offer

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Helpful to know. I don't see them speeding up the process to anything faster than that, especially with COVID variants spreading. Let us know when you get the call for the final offer.

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      @winter_patriot... it seems like it's already a couple months faster due to the change in process (test first, interviews after). I guess it really just depends on FLETC at this point. So fingers crossed class sizes begin to increase and more academy dates are released as more people get vaccinated.

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Winter_Patriot will do for sure. I’m sure the forums will light up (Especially in the 2019 Schedule B Thread) when those calls start going out.

• Unfortunately you guys are probably looking at a possible academy date in the beginning/middle of 2022.

Comment

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think mid 2022 is being alittle optimistic haha

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you’re probably right. I don’t mind being optimistic though. Just hoping the rest of the process goes as quickly as the beginning.

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Buddy of mine applied may 2019 and is still waiting for fit test..i wouldnt hold your breath but i am hoping that those people havent gotten offers because of covid and the cut back of spots in classes. Im hoping they play catch up for FY 2022. Fingers crossed.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd be happy to have a class in mid-FY2023 honestly.

• My prediction in this unpredictable process would be late FY 2022 early FY2023.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Plenty of time to get in shape for some of us. I'm actually grateful if the process takes a little longer. I'm recovering from a parachute injury.

• With a potential academy date being pushed back further and further what is the protocol for being officially hired in advance of actually having a seat in an academy? If candidates in the readiness pool have completed every pre-employment step and are waiting what is the time limit in which they would wait before getting hired on? I believe in the past folks were brought onboard and helped out around their perspective office until being sent to Glynco. You have to believe that if the FY 19, 20, 21 budgets were established to process candidates from the various announcements during that timeframe then eventually they would want to onboard those people so that those candidates don’t end up taking other jobs that become available. It would be a huge waste of funds to do medical, background investigation, fingerprint appointments and whatever else to have people inevitably take other opportunities.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      There’s a post from a current DUSM in this thread or one of the 2019 ones. He made it sound like the practice of employing people before FLETC is mainly going away.

• I had a friend recently who applied to the 2019 announcement never heard anything back after medical and then re applied schedule B for 2020 and re did his medical and background cleared and got the email just waiting for final offer. From what he said they are kinda skipping or forgetting about the old announcement style stuff and only using the schedule B cause it's faster and they can pick and choose who they want don't quote me on it just the info that was passed on to me. The threads are good but honestly we are all in the same boat just going on off what we hear and what we are told. In the end some people from schedule B 2020 may EOD before the 2019 people it just depends on who they want and when they want them it is the govt. and they do things differently so don't get down people you may be in the academy before half the 2019 people or vice versa no one knows at all.

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      So, to sum it all up....we should all hear something sometime between today and 2024.

• Answered deleted
    Last edited by RicardoCrashe; 04-08-2021, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Has anyone who revived their TOL been scheduled for medical yet?

Comment

• Northernheat
      Northernheat commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, have not heard anything yet

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven’t heard anything.

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      No. Should be any day now

• Originally posted by Tayllerr View Post
    Has anyone who revived their TOL been scheduled for medical yet?
    I thought background was next?

Comment

• Lrs2247
      Lrs2247 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got contacted roughly seven months later about my background... the 45 day timeline is not always true.

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      Lrs2247, did you apply under excepted service and approximately when did you apply?

• Lrs2247
      Lrs2247 commented
      Editing a comment
      I interviewed July 2020, got my TOL a week later

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you already have an OPM background / clearance at the time?

• Anyone who will be in SLC on the night of the 20th, send me message if you want to meet up.

Comment

• Just received an e-mail to schedule my medical appointment and provide VA disability info.

It seems like they really like to send out TOLS and other pertinent e-mails on Fridays for whatever reason.

Also that's less than 30 days from TOL to schedule the medical. It does seem like things are moving a lot faster lately than they have in past years.
      Last edited by Checkmate; 04-16-2021, 03:24 PM.
      USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
      08Mar21 Interviewed
      19Mar21 TOL Received
      16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      25Jan21 Applied
      18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• Northernheat
        Northernheat commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, just got medical email also.

• Bbreezie
        Bbreezie commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah same here let's see how this medical goes.

• Received that email too. I wonder how they define "major" city. Is that just any city that's large enough to have an FOH clinic?

Comment

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably. I did my previous medical in San Diego at the federal building downtown. FOH had an office in the basement!

• Bbreezie
        Bbreezie commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in San Diego I put Los Angeles as the closest major city

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        @Checkmate

I have a question for you. The last time you were in the Schedule B USMS process, did you bring medical records to the medical? Not sure if it's like medicals for other agencies, where you're expected to bring hospital records for every item you answer yes to.

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        I only brought what they requested, which was vaccination records that I procured through the VA. I'll bring my COVID vaccine record this time just to be safe along with doctor clearances for past issues (injuries, my VA disability, etc).

• Anyone go the interview with a beard?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did. They didn’t bat an eye. Just make sure you can clean it up to look professional.

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        Several of the deputies who were conducting the interviews had beards or goatees.

• hawks22
        hawks22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just because the deputies have beards doesn’t mean you as an applicant should. I would highly recommend not having one. I can also promise you that you will be shaving that beard once you get to the academy

• For medical, when they are asking for a completed list of immunization records, are they talking about just as an adult, or do they want all the way back to juvenile immunizations?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5309 users online. 318 members and 4991 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X