Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview done!! wasn't bad at all pretty laid back. I was interviewed by (2) deputy's one said he was from Texas (Interview was in Philly). Did anyone else have Deputy's from another district interview them?
    Last edited by beattheodds7051; 03-22-2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• ChargingForward
      ChargingForward commented
      Editing a comment
      My interviewers were from another district as well

• Northernheat
      Northernheat commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, both deputies I did my interview with were from different parts of the country.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Both of mine were from Texas.

• Interview done! It went well, hopefully that TOL comes in the email soon.

Comment

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck man. Glad it went well. I'm hoping to hear back soon as well from the Dallas interview.

• Did everybody interview in Texas or did they open up other locations?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      It was Philly and Dallas from what I hear. Most people I’ve spoken to had it in Dallas.

• BK4448
      BK4448 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha, thanks for the info. I'm guessing West Coast people were invited to Dallas and East Coast were invited to Philly?

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      I interviewed in Philly, as far as i am aware they are going until thursday, March 25th in phily.

• The Dallas folks all went to info sessions in San Diego from what o can tell.

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      Info session in San Antonio and interview in Dallas for me.

• Northernheat
      Northernheat commented
      Editing a comment
      Same for me, Info Session- SA, interview-Dallas

• TOL received!!!

Comment

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats! when did you interview?

• Northernheat
      Northernheat commented
      Editing a comment
      Army101 I’ll PM you

• beattheodds7051
      beattheodds7051 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats looks like a good batch of em are hitting emails

• Did anyone who got referred 2/22/2021 hear back from a hiring manager for interview dates?

Comment

• Trooper33
      Trooper33 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, nothing yet.

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      Same, I haven't heard anything yet.

• Lwoods633
      Lwoods633 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think all the guys who interviewed this month took the assessment in December. I tested in Jan and was referred like you on 22Feb and haven't heard anything yet either.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I took my assessment in December.

• Hey y’all. So looks like. Many of us are still waiting for TOL and/or “IN”. Interviewed on the 9th abs have not received anything yet. I’m hearing that the IN’s are sent out first etc etc. also hearing some people receiving TOL for smaller offices. I hear that many factors play into the TOL. Location, experience, grade and step offer, etc. hope for best for us all. Keep us posted if u hear anything. I will do the same.

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I assume it’s an abbreviation for “ineligible”

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      TXSP Thank you for explaining. So onto the other question - is it true TOL’s are going out in your guys hiring group to specific districts where you will ultimately end up reporting to them?

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve seen nothing that is district or even area specific. Though, I checked the nationwide box.

• Lwoods633
      Lwoods633 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does your TOL contain the office you will be going to? During my info session they told us that the info session location did not have anything to do with where you would be stationed. Mainly because alot of us traveled to the first available session in the nation just to get in.

• Yes IN is ineligible. I also heard from a good source that you should end up at the district that u attended info session unless otherwise requested to go elsewhere where Deputies are needed and pass all requirements. I hear that within a week or two we should receive TOL or IN. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Great info, I appreciate it.

Are they ranking applicants from the interview, or is it more of a pass/fail/ineligible decision?

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been told the interview is simply pass or fail, no ranking. But who knows.

• beattheodds7051
      Editing a comment
      great info. Thanks for sharing

• I got an invite for interviews in Salt Lake City

Comment

• Dug_Diggler
      Dug_Diggler commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! When were you referred?

• beattheodds7051
      Editing a comment
      Nice congrats

• JasonIVAR
      JasonIVAR commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice congrats still waiting for mine. which info session did you attend?

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      got the same email!

• Originally posted by Liberty90 View Post
    I also heard from a good source that you should end up at the district that u attended info session
    Not sure where you got this from, but this is not accurate. The current Excepted Service/Schedule B hiring is a nationwide hiring drive and where you attend your info session has next to zero influence on what locations you may be offered at the end of the process when they're slotting people for classes. You MIGHT get offered the location where you did your info session, but if it happens, it will be solely due to coincidence/luck/timing. Locations are offered based on the highest-need vacancies at the time you are being considered for slotting in an upcoming academy class.

Comment

• Lwoods633
      Lwoods633 commented
      Editing a comment
      When in the process do you find out what office you were selected for?

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that’s after BI and medical and maybe even after FIT. It will be right around the same time as your final offer.

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      This info is somewhat accurate. They say that but then most people end up where they did the info session this is the typical government answer if you did schedule B hiring the district you attended usually has authority to pick and choose who they want which is called the preferred list much like HSI, DEA and all the agencies looking to hire people. I have seen it and have friends in the current office I attended the info session and that is the info I got from one of the chiefs.

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      TXSP - You are correct. Location options are one of the last things sent out before final offers are sent out.

Bbreezie- Yeah, what do I know. Districts like ours that had 100 people attend will get the 15-20 that will maybe make it through the process all back to us and districts that didn't host are just s*** out of luck. Be careful assuming that because other agencies do it one way, that USMS does the same. This info was direct from the hiring team with HQ. I'd say it's pretty accurate.

• When I attended info session we were told that we would more that likely go to the place we attended info session. Also spoke with a supervisor and met a couple higher ups from another district that told me the same thing. Has this changed? Please elaborate. Thank you.

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      We were told that you may or may not end up in the district you did your info session at, but you WILL end up in the region your district is in. I don't know if this has changed since October when I did my info session.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      At the San Diego info session, a supervisor said we would end up somewhere in the SWB management area.

• Lrs2247
      Lrs2247 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told at my info session in 2018 as well as my interview in 2020 that you will go to the region you attended the info session in; however, I still filled out the location preference sheet at my interview.

Basically, if you process out of an area that isn’t in the SW border area, you could potentially end up in the SW border area. If you process out of the SW border area... well, you probably aren’t going anywhere else.

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard the same but I also heard depending on what office you went to and how their Manning is most likely you will end up at the same office.

• Got the invite for interview!

Comment

• Lwoods633
      Lwoods633 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. Hoping that all of us who were refered in Feb hear something soon.

• Received my TOL yesterday! I’m so grateful for the posters on this forum that provided resources to prepare for the interview. I honestly don’t think I would have passed without the study guides and structured interview guidelines posted in the 2019 Schedule B thread. Don’t take the interview lightly. Prepare. That thread has a lot of pages, but go through it. Those interviewing soon would be doing themselves an extreme disservice not to go through it.

Comment

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrat! when did you interview? if you dont mind me asking

• ChargingForward
      ChargingForward commented
      Editing a comment
      Army101 PM sent

• Let's say you only selected the SWB Region. Would they offer you just one office, multiple locations within the region, or what?

Can you negotiate for a specific location?
    USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
    13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
    18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
    16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
    08Mar21 Interviewed
    19Mar21 TOL Received
    16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
    25Jan21 Applied
    18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      from what I have read from other peoples experiences. They email you a list of all locations available, then you pick 3 maybe 5 i dont know how many exactly. The commander or recruiting person from those districts will reach out to you and discuss you resume and see if you are a good fit for the district. That has been posted on the 2019 forums. Things could have changed etc etc but as far as i am aware that's how it works.

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      ^ Great info, thank you!

• Got my scheduled interview as well for mid april, got my referral back in mid feb for anyone that had received theres around that time.

for anyone that has done the interview, any tips or advice would help.. ill be scrolling through the forms too to get a better sense of what i need to prepare for it. Fingers crossed!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5154 users online. 312 members and 4842 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X