Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the FIT test, is it a pass/fail type thing (where you hit the 70% minimums) or do you get ranked based on your scores?

Comment

• ChargingForward
      ChargingForward commented
      Editing a comment
      From what my group was told at our information session, as long as you hit the minimum scores you will pass. However, they really emphasized the fact that we should shoot for at least excellent in every category for the best shot at getting a final offer.

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      What charging forward said is correct. I know guys that did the minimum on the run like 1220 on the run but crushed the push-ups and sit-ups so it evened out for them. So it really depends. As long as you pass you will be fine cause HR makes the final decision on the hiring.

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      For those who've done it; what is the protocol for sit-ups? Hands crossed over chest, or behind the head? Also, do they put a block or fist under your chest for push-ups?

• Has anyone that was at an EDNY info session back in October gotten anything other than the "courtesy email" from 21JAN?

Comment

• JasonIVAR
      JasonIVAR commented
      Editing a comment
      my info session was in NOV but also got the same email the same day but also haven't heard anything since.

• For everyone conducting their interviews this week, I wish you all the best of luck!

Comment

• Northernheat
      Northernheat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks,same to you!

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 03-08-2021, 08:53 PM.

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      Just curious what day of the week have your interviews been scheduled for? Weekday beginning or end of the week? Weekend?

• ChargingForward
      Editing a comment
      ranger things

I’ve got mine scheduled tomorrow. Very excited and feeling blessed. Hope everyone else’s goes well.

• Interview is done. Went well I think. Commence waiting.
    With great power comes great response times.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. Are you allowed to say how long it was scheduled for?

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      How much time was allowed for the interview slot?

• ChargingForward
      Editing a comment
      About how long did it take

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      They scheduled them with an hour in between each slot. I really don’t know how long I was in there. Seemed like the guy before me ran long since mine started a little late.

• Does anyone know how much the preference sheet plays into getting a conditional offer at all? Are you more likely to get an offer if you're willing to go anywhere in the US?

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I really don’t know, and haven’t asked anyone. I took a chance and selected the anywhere box. Hoping it works out for a location my family likes.

• Knocked out the interview yesterday. Really basic stuff. Makes you think that the USMS uses the written assessment to weed most people out early on, versus the interview.

In the past it took them around 30 days to send out TOLs after interviews.
    USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
    13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
    18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
    16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
    08Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
    19Mar21 TOL Received
    16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical
    09Jun21 Medical Accomplished

ATF Schedule B 2021

25Jan21 Applied
    18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility
    05Jun21 PTT & SA Exam accomplished (PASS/PASS)
    16Aug21 Interviewed (PASS)
    10Sep21 Candidate Letter Received for GL-5 (ATF Portal)

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on finishing that interview.

That written assessment was surprisingly hard, especially the grammar and paragraph construction part. As a lawyer for seven years, that was harder than what I deal with normally. It was very nitpicky.

Do you know if HR contacts your references prior to the TOL? Or does that not happen until the BI process?

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      No one contacts your references until the BI begins.

• How many pages was the sf-86 sent in the email for the interview? I only have 1 page.

Comment

• Anyone interviewing tomorrow I'll be there at 11

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck. It will go well.

• Anyone who received the courtesy email back in January see any movement on their application? It seems that they're moving the people who are at or past the interview forward and everyone else is on the backburner. Kind of sucks because this is the job I want the most out of all the ones I've applied to, but I can't see myself leaving an 1811 gig after a few years to go through the USMS academy when I'm in mid/late 30s and the wear and tear would be worse on my body.

Comment

• porkchop23
      porkchop23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't heard anything since Jan.

• I am guessing they are interviewing at least 25 people a day. So 125 a week in Dallas alone. I don't know what other districts are currently doing interviews.
    Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 03-14-2021, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      There were six for the time slot I was scheduled. So 30/day. But I’d imagine average was 5

• To everyone who interviewed this week, does anyone else think the overall feel of the interviews seemed as if they were more of a formality at this point? I only ask this based off how my interview went because to me it seemed as if they weren’t really trying to weed out anyone but more so trying to see who wasn’t a good fit... Just some speculation based off of personal opinion, maybe wishful thinking who knows. Thoughts?

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t necessarily disagree with you. It did seem like somewhat of a formality. Maybe they are really trying to push people through and fill vacancies? Idk what the cause is, but I’d just be happy to move on to the next step. The way my interview went, and based off the comments of others, I’d be surprised if very many didn’t make it through. Not sure which steps of the hiring process they use to cull the herd, but doesn’t seem like the interview is one.

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      When i did my First interview in 2019 i felt the same. It was oddly easy for me. I can talk about myself easily.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I got that impression too. Easiest fed or local government interview I've ever had. It wasn't hostile or stressful. My coworker interviewed a couple years ago and told me it was an easy one. I suspect that the hard part is getting referred and making it to the interview. It seemed like they were just trying to identify anyone who was a terrible fit, instead of determining who the strongest applicants were.

• TOL received!!!

Holy crap that was fast. I interviewed 11 days ago!

Congratulations to everyone else receiving offer letters today. Now the real fun begins....
    USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
    13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
    18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
    16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
    08Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
    19Mar21 TOL Received
    16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical
    09Jun21 Medical Accomplished

ATF Schedule B 2021

25Jan21 Applied
    18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility
    05Jun21 PTT & SA Exam accomplished (PASS/PASS)
    16Aug21 Interviewed (PASS)
    10Sep21 Candidate Letter Received for GL-5 (ATF Portal)

Comment

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      I interviewed on Wednesday I know some people that got ineligible emails but nothing for me yet congrats to everyone who moves hope for the best for everyone
      Last edited by Bbreezie; 03-19-2021, 04:56 PM.

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bbreezie did they not pass the interview?

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear back for the interview email hopefully that'll come through next week

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. Was the TOL sent by email?

• Army101 I don't know he just said he got an email saying he was ineligible and he interviewed two days before me. So we shall see. I hope for the beer but expect the worse.

Comment

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I usually hope for beer too.

Good luck to all as we move forward together.
      Last edited by TXSP; 03-19-2021, 10:07 PM.

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha, well i will keep you gentlemen/ladies updqted on my interview and hopefully receive a TOL within two weeks haha good luck everyone

• SO anyone know if they actually want you to bring a FULL printed copy of the SF-86 to the interview or just the first page? This is my first federal application so I am not sure of the process. I thought you would complete the SF-86 electronically through eQIP?

Comment

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      A full sf86 is a background form. It is jus the 1 page.

• beattheodds7051
      beattheodds7051 commented
      Editing a comment
      The SF-86 I looked up on OPM.gov is 136 pages long and this is the long one you complete on eQIP correct?

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I took the one page sf86 they emailed me. I confirmed upon arrival that they only needed the one page at the interview. I’m patiently awaiting them to request the 136 page version. Hope that helps.

• beattheodds7051
      beattheodds7051 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you fellas

• Hopefully we hear some good news this week!

Comment

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      So far only heard of the one guy getting the TOL so maybe more are coming.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3092 users online. 191 members and 2901 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X