300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Protective Service DHS

How do I get a Job with U.S Department of Homeland Security’s, Federal Protective Service?

I called DHS, they said it’s on USAJobs, BUT I’ve been monitoring USA Jobs for this Specific Job posting for 12 months and have not seen anything for anywhere in the entire nation of the United States. Not a single posting for zero states of the US. For FPS.

So how do you even apply for it if it’s not posted for none of the states of the United States?

I wish there was a contact number for this specific devision.

any helpful tips? I am in North Texas.

Last edited by StoneOffice; 11-28-2019, 10:38 AM.

I haven’t seen an opening for them in my 5 years of federal service. No idea how those guys get hired. Good luck!

Comment

You have to go to hiring fairs, usually they are on military bases. I know they had a few a couple of months ago, not sure about recently though. Or you need to know someone.

Comment

Yep. They are always at Military hiring Fairs. Best move ever. Why waste money and time going through thousands of apps when Veterans are seeking jobs?
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Last time I checked, which was probably 2+ years ago, they were 100% Military hires, only way to get hired was as a vet. They do tons of career and recruitment efforts at mil bases.

I believe they also have a structure where the boss over a region, whatever they call them (chief inspector, idk), can hire whoever they want. So in theory you could not be a vet, know a boss of a region, and be hired.

But the long and short is besides any backdoor routes like that, they were recently and probably still all 100% vet hires.
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
            Last time I checked, which was probably 2+ years ago, they were 100% Military hires, only way to get hired was as a vet. They do tons of career and recruitment efforts at mil bases.

I believe they also have a structure where the boss over a region, whatever they call them (chief inspector, idk), can hire whoever they want. So in theory you could not be a vet, know a boss of a region, and be hired.

But the long and short is besides any backdoor routes like that, they were recently and probably still all 100% vet hires.
            Thats how it is here. They hire many vets, but you don’t have to be a vet, just express interest to the area supervisor. They use a contract security service to do most of the static duties and there are actually just a handful of actual FPS officers. When they get an opening, which they do frequently, they like to hire from the contracted guys. So, if your not a vet, look for your areas contracted FPS security company, start with them, then give your resume to the commander.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12627 users online. 462 members and 12165 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X