Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wantstobeaSA
    commented on 's reply
    Fed843 I had a friend who applied to law enforcement agencies and Intel. She is waiting on interviews.

• Fed843
    commented on 's reply
    wantstobeaSA What other agencies you apply for ?

• wantstobeaSA
    commented on 's reply
    It sucks lol

• wantstobeaSA
    commented on 's reply
    lol oh well.

• wantstobeaSA
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you very much for the encouragement.

• Bidstar
    replied
    Originally posted by wantstobeaSA View Post
    I got the email I expected today after lunch

Greetings from the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (OSI),

You recently applied for a position with OSI under the PALACE Acquire program. We've tallied the results and unfortunately, you were not selected for a criminal investigator (1811) position under this announcement.

We had over 3,100 applicants for this announcement. The applicant pool was very competitive and we appreciate you taking the time to apply. Unfortunately, because of the large number of applicants and our limited resources, we can't provide individual feedback on why you weren't selected. We encourage you to apply for future opportunities with OSI if you're interested.

Respectfully,

Lynn
    Same response I got.

Leave a comment:

• Fed843
    replied
    Got the same one haha

Leave a comment:

• SDM8492
    commented on 's reply
    I got the same email back in 2016. It sucks but just keep applying (everywhere) and improving your resume.

• wantstobeaSA
    commented on 's reply
    Fed843 yup! I have been trying for 10 years lol I started in my early 20s and I have held several 1810s positions. Here I am almost 11 years later, still trying!

• wantstobeaSA
    replied
    I got the email I expected today after lunch

Greetings from the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (OSI),

You recently applied for a position with OSI under the PALACE Acquire program. We've tallied the results and unfortunately, you were not selected for a criminal investigator (1811) position under this announcement.

We had over 3,100 applicants for this announcement. The applicant pool was very competitive and we appreciate you taking the time to apply. Unfortunately, because of the large number of applicants and our limited resources, we can't provide individual feedback on why you weren't selected. We encourage you to apply for future opportunities with OSI if you're interested.

Respectfully,

Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Fed843
    commented on 's reply
    Currently been Fed LE for 5 years . Breaking into 1811 spots is difficult besides my agency i'm already in lol.

• MKTLinguist
    commented on 's reply
    wantstobeaSA Good stuff! Glad there's some others out there looking for a similar path. I PM'ed you btw.

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    You never know what an agency is looking for. You might be the right applicant at the wrong time. I applied to one agency and didn't get referred, applied a few months later and was hired.

It's a numbers game. So apply everywhere. I probably applied to 40 different postings before getting one interview. Another thing that may help is taking a non-1811 job to get your foot in the door.

• wantstobeaSA
    commented on 's reply
    MKTLinguist BTW, we applied to the same agencies by the way lol We have similar career interests. I am waiting for my interview with DCSA soon

• wantstobeaSA
    commented on 's reply
    Fed843 don't get discouraged. Many candidates apply and they only accept 10 out of (probably) 200+ applicants. Apply to other jobs. I am also waiting for the "You were great but not that great" email lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4178 users online. 273 members and 3905 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X