Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got referred and did the survey. I have a feeling competition is always tough for this job, so im not holding my breathe. I could only imagine how many people with a master's, foreign language fluency, or cyber security and investigation related skills apply based on that survey.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      If we're all competing for only 10-20 spots, it's tough. That said, if PAQ is more geared towards recent college grads, then I think anyone with LE or similar work experience will stand out.

• Chandler_Bing17
      Chandler_Bing17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did the survey as well. Good luck!

• Big4to1811
      Big4to1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      Filled out the survey. I don't think I'll be making it far given the approximate number of slots.

Got the same email… current 1801 LEO with the USSS, 7 years on the job. I’ll finish my Masters in May… good luck to all!

Comment

I also successfully passed the initial screening phase and filled out the survey. Best of luck to All of you guys and gals! I look forward to hopefully continuing in the process.

Comment

Has anyone in osi used their gi bill to pay for ojt while at the academy? Most 1811 positions allows for this but I can’t find OSI on the VAs school list website.

Comment

• Yak
          Yak commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just thinking of this the last few days, I'm interested in this as well. Can you? If so, is there anyone on here that had used it while at CITP and how was the process.

• pandapanda
          pandapanda commented
          Editing a comment
          What would the purpose be? Just to not have to pay it back if you switched agencies?

• cmor5150
          cmor5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          The gi bill pays you bah as an e5 with dependents as a supplement to your agency provided salary. So essentially double dipping while in ojt

I have been trying to become an 1811 since I left AD Army so I'm stupid excited about getting the email! So does anyone know the timeline? I already have TS/SCI clearance and wondering if that would help speed things up for me?

Comment

• JA95
          JA95 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am also prior service Army on the enlisted side. Currently, I’m in the Army Reserves as a 35D, and I too have a TS/SCI clearance. I have been asking myself these same questions.

• cmor5150
          cmor5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol I’m a 35d too in the guard

• JA95
          JA95 commented
          Editing a comment
          Small world! I wish you luck brother! cmor5150

• RJflyer
          RJflyer commented
          Editing a comment
          Your DoD TS/SCI will transfer over, but it will not help you get hired more quickly. The only real benefit will be that you won't have to do another SF86/SSBI immediately upon being hired. You'll still have to do the OSI background investigation.

Having a clearance by itself really doesn't make you more competitive. But if the work you did while holding that clearance is relevant to being an OSI agent, then it will help.

Winter_Patriot Thank you for the info!

Comment

I received the same email on 5 November regarding the survey. I'm not holding my breath...

Comment

Good luck to all, I can tell you from experience that the 10-20 positions AFOSI are recruiting for are fiercely competitive. I went through the process twice, first time I didn't make it past the initial screening, the second occasion I selected as an alternative.

The people that were in my interview pool if not all had advanced degrees and several years of work experience; all while competing for a GL-7 1811 job. Again good luck to all!!!!

Comment

• manofstyle04
              manofstyle04 commented
              Editing a comment
              Det_sje Thank you for the information. Based on your experience does have 16 years of Cyber experience, 1 years of military service coupled with a M.S Forensic Psychology and MS Cyber Security working towards a doctorate hold any weight?

• Det_sje
              Det_sje commented
              Editing a comment
              @manofstyle04

Yes, very strong academic background and that is more of what they want since its a GL-7 position, they have it so the can kinda "mold" you into the investigator that they want. With your cyber experience make sure you can detail and describe things that YOU have done and not so much what your team has accomplished. They are rating you for the position.

• Anthropologist
              Anthropologist commented
              Editing a comment
              @Det_sje

That's encouraging. I have an advanced degree with a background in academia as a researcher. I'm hoping that my federal law enforcement experience will give my an advantage or improve my odds. I did get the sense that AFOSI was a competitive agency to get into even at the GS-07 entry-level. I wonder how many other applicants would take the reduction in grade just to get an 1811 series.

• wantstobeaSA
              wantstobeaSA commented
              Editing a comment
              Anthropologist I am a GS12 taking the pay cut because I can't get an 1811 in ANY agency. It is TOUGH everywhere.

Replied once
            Last edited by TripleH; 12-15-2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Replied once
              Last edited by TripleH; 12-15-2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Any info on what their college intern program which converts you to 18111 when you graduate is like? I interviewed last week and it felt like my interview went well. I also realize I am gunning for one of like 6 slots.

Comment

Hi All, I’m new to this thread…I was recently referred on my application to the Palace Acquire announcement and completed my survey within a few hours of receipt a couple + weeks ago.

I just completed my M.s in Data Science from a top tier school, work with our lead 3 letter in the federal government and I am a retired Army MP officer with a lot of LE operations experience ranging from MP combat support, Detainees Corrections, Law and Order to Advanced Forensics/Biometrics, Protection, and a lot of Inter-agency support (USSS, FEMA, and other Fed/state/local LE) and finally my most recent military and civilian experience has been with Cyber, Data, and other IT Acquisition programs and procurement contracting.

All stated I know there are limited opportunities and I am eager to interview and effective weave how my past and current experience maybe relevant to my success as an agent. For any current agents, can you opine if such experience would be appreciated, if conveyed right at the interview and if there can be an assessment of an applicant be overqualified to the AFOSI PAQ panel or interview board?

Finally, it seems the survey is like a pre-assessment and suitability tool, are they conducting suitability determinations up front or just looking to narrow the pool by DQ’ing applicants who are unlikely to meet suitability due to certain statutory bars?

Comment

I saw a recruiter for OSI post on LinkedIn that there will be interviews in the next few weeks. Has anyone heard anything?

Comment

• Jwebb514
                      Jwebb514 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They'll be having interviews or scheduling them? This seems like a crazy time of the year to try and pull off a bunch of interviews. I assumed I wouldn't hear anything until January.

Check your emails rejection letters are going out

Comment

• Nateandre
                      Nateandre commented
                      Editing a comment
                      For the GS7 opening?

• cmor5150
                      cmor5150 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just looked at the announcement number, it was for the GS-13 posting. I applied to both.

Guys, please have an open mind and don't get discouraged with the rejection letters. It took me 12 effein years to land an 1811 spot and I didn't take the easiest path, but was able to secure my dream job. Don't give up, keep applying, and say yes to the first offer you get. After you get the 1811 spot you can move across the federal government as you please.

Comment

• cmor5150
                      cmor5150 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Going on 7 years now. 12 makes me feel better lol just gotta get in before age out

• Winter_Patriot
                      Winter_Patriot commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Four years here. It’s a marathon for sure. Revamping my resume made the biggest difference. There are always things you can do to improve your odds. I took a non-1811 LE position to get my foot in the door with the federal system.

• Det_sje
                      Det_sje commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Winter_Patriot I did the same. Took a 1801 series job with a federal agency which lead to an 1811. I had to really step back and swallow my pride but it paid off in the end. Granted I got my 1811 at age 36 so everything worked out.

• Winter_Patriot
                      Winter_Patriot commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It takes some patience and luck. I finally got a tentative 1811 offer recently, hoping I can clear medical on that.

Age is the big obstacle for many of us. I am 35 years old. I am in a 6c covered job (excepted service) so my timer is stopped. There are some cool 1800 series jobs that would give me more marketable investigations experience though. I often think of moving to a competitive service job, lots of 1811 postings that are only open to status candidates.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4110 users online. 272 members and 3838 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X