300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLM 1811 Special Agent

I have seen a few BLM 1811 openings throughout the year and was curious about a few things. Tried the search function on here but nothing specific came about for BLM 1811's and no one talks about them much here.

I was curious what their PEB standards consist of for 1811's since every agency has their own sets of standards. Is it like the USFS where the sit/reach and body fat% are measured but not required to pass at a certain percentage? Or is it like the USFWS where ALL portions of the PEB are required to pass at a certain percentage? Or is it like HSI who doesn't even use the PEB?

I can't find their policies online like the other land management agencies have.

Any input?

For BLM, all 5 portions of PEB are tested. You must pass at the 20th %, except sit and reach. For the sit and reach, you only have to pass at 1%.

Comment

Thanks! That answers that! Does that go for both 1811 SA's AND 1801 Rangers?

Comment

Yes, all in the same boat.

Comment

• smclovin
          smclovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Very helpful, thank you!

Did anyone apply for the opening in Tucson?

Comment

Not to burst your bubble but if you’re not currently BLM or
          have lots of experience with another land management agency you’re not even gonna get a sniff.

Comment

• Cbpo443
            Cbpo443 commented
            Editing a comment
            Would you happen to know how the hiring timeline goes for this job? I doubt I am getting an interview but am curious.

In the BLM, you have to pass all parts of the peb at the 20th percentile annually, it’s not just participate only after the initial one

Comment

They also appear to be capped at GS-12.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiitexas View Post
              Not to burst your bubble but if you’re not currently BLM or
              have lots of experience with another land management agency you’re not even gonna get a sniff.
              I kinda figured. Threw my hat in the ring anyways. If I even get referred I will be happy.

Comment

• hawaiitexas
                hawaiitexas commented
                Editing a comment
                Never hurts, but every agent I’ve seen hired is internal or occasionally from another land management agency.

• Anthropologist
                Anthropologist commented
                Editing a comment
                I always apply for land management 1811 positions. It never hurts to send in the application.

Looks like a slot in Oregon will be opening soon...

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...outputType=amp
              If a man knows more than others, he becomes lonely.

-Carl Jung

Comment

Why? Everyone needs a hobby...

Comment

Well I got referred for the Tucson office. We shall see if I get to move on through the process or not. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3694 users online. 221 members and 3473 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X