300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal Investigator (TERM)

I applied for a Criminal Investigator (TERM 2 years) recently and made the best qualified list and referred to the hiring manager. My question is if a person takes this job would they be tossed out on the street after 2 years? By the look of the announcement it says the job ends at 2 years. Once this person is out of the job would it be easier to get another 1811 (criminal investigator) job with another agency as a displaced federal employee. I wonder how many people apply for a temp federal job.

So term 1811s are pretty rare, and usually associated with a program where billions of dollars were funneled during a limited time frame (Katrina rebuild, TARP, Afghanistan, etc).

Yes they would be tossed out after the appointment ended, if the appointment doesn't get extended.

Not sure if Career Transition Assistance Plan applies, because there wasn't a Reduction In Force. Since the employee knew the job was a two year gig when they accepted it, I suspect not.

How many apply? More than you might think. Since the age limit typically gets waived for former 1811s, bored retirees apply. So do current 1811s who dislike their current job and are willing to roll the dice.
    I used to be a banker but I lost interest.

-Steven Wright

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12674 users online. 496 members and 12178 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X