Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard interview calls went out for Atlanta and Raleigh locations, but I don't know any of the details since I checked Chicago and still hoping to hear something for that office. Just what I heard.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbite 22 View Post
      Can any of you all confirm a Chicago interview request?
      Chicago, Raleigh, and Cleveland did calls for interviews.

Comment

A new announcement just dropped today for Agriculture OIG at a few locations. It's an 11/12 announcement. Dropped an application for the New York shop, which is looking to pick up 2 agents. We'll see.

Comment

Edited..........
          Last edited by Braves1831; 12-20-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I applied for NY. Anyone have any background? I'm not desperate to jump ship to them

Comment

• DeltaTangoSix
              DeltaTangoSix commented
              Editing a comment
              Also applied to NY. My goal for awhile has been to get to an OIG shop, so I apply to any and all of them. Right now a current 1811 but not OIG.

• m.p.c
              m.p.c commented
              Editing a comment
              Same, current 1811. Testing the waters. I'm not going to lose sleep.

Does anyone know if they will paymatch for this announcement? Or maybe a memo after 6 months?
            Thanks!

Comment

What’s a memo?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoom_32 View Post
                Does anyone know if they will paymatch for this announcement? Or maybe a memo after 6 months?
                Thanks!
                Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                Just a heads up, the management involved with this announcement has made it clear there will be no memoing back to your old grade since this is a 7/9 announcement. So if you're currently a 12 or 13, you're going to have to do your time and wait for your yearly promotion.

honor first

Comment

• Zoom_32
                  Zoom_32 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, but you are referencing a different announcement. If I wasn't clear, I am talking about the recent 11/12 opening from earlier this week.

And for the other guy....memo stands for memorandum....kind of like a letter to someone.

Lol I should have been more clear. What does it mean to “memo” back to your old grade?

Comment

Originally posted by Braves1831 View Post
                  Lol I should have been more clear. What does it mean to “memo” back to your old grade?
                  Some agencies on a case by case basis will allow people to write memos reinstating their previous pay. For example, a GS-13/3 Secret Service agent applies to this job, either the 7/9 announcement or the 11/13, and busts down to the lower pay when hired.

Sometimes they can write a memo stating how they are an experienced special special agent at the GS-13 level, much more experienced the the entry GS-9 pay position they were hired for, and get their 12 or 13 back.

This agency said for the 7/9 announcement they will not be willing to do that. Even then, someone who was hired could try anyways and just be told no. When you bust to a lower pay, when you are hired theres a 99% chance they'll make you sign a voluntary pay reduction or whatever they call the form, basically stating you are voluntarily accepting a position at pay lower than you currently make, and that the agency makes no guarantee to reinstate your old pay and owes you nothing pretty much.

I've heard of it happening for when say secret service agents jump to HSI. However it generally won't happen of someone is say a GS-12 border patrol agent and goes HSI. You can't be reinstated to a GS-12 special agent, because the average BP agent doesn't have GS-12 level special agent experience.

honor first

Comment

I’m hoping as a 13-6 with HSI they’d consider it

Comment

• battlewagon
                      battlewagon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not sure which offices you applied to but the ones under Atlanta they said hard no to my friend who they reached out to about his application. But as you know, different SACs, different rules. They're also getting a new SAC in that region so maybe the new one will say 'sure'

• Zoom_32
                      Zoom_32 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks. I applied to a different office, so maybe we will see....maybe not.

Anyone get an offer regarding the Atlanta or NC position?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16539 users online. 523 members and 16016 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X