X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Police
    replied
    modified academy

We are still working on the fine details but I will post as soon as we get it set up

Leave a comment:

• TXleoapplicant
    replied
    Originally posted by Austin Police View Post
    For those interested in the October class, applications must be in by the end of June.
    Please keep us posted on the possibility of the "lateral" program or the "modified entry academy." I am most interested in that method of application, given that I have experience.

Leave a comment:

• Austin Police
    replied
    Austin Police are planning on doing a modified academy starting in June 2008 for those that are interested please contact us

Leave a comment:

• Austin Police
    replied
    For those interested in the October class, applications must be in by the end of June.

Leave a comment:

• Austin Police
    replied
    We are going to a job fair in Detroit July 2nd. For those interested we are testing up there also on June 30 and July 3rd
    Last edited by Austin Police; 06-02-2007, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Austin Police
    replied
    5 miles a day? wow i need to get back in there! Guys we do not run 5 miles every day. Academy is 32 weeks a fair amount of DT but it's not going to wear you out and thats when you have no pressure, no big decisions to make just sit back listen and learn. For those of you with prior it's going to come naturally. Best time of your career !!!!

Leave a comment:

• COASTIE
    replied
    Austin Police,

You have a Private Message waiting.

Leave a comment:

• Nickmerill
    replied
    I'd love to apply to Austin but heard it's academy is a bit too rigorous in terms of running PT for my taste. Daily runs of 5 miles or better causes these 40 year old knees to worry. The academy is very lengthy as well. Other than that Austin is a real cool place to live or visit.

Leave a comment:

• 2Lucky
    replied
    Austin Police, I wish you all luck with a lateral program. That would have been a great move for me as I have family in San Antonio, who also doesn't have a lateral program.

Good luck with your recruiting and stay safe.
    2Lucky

Leave a comment:

• Austin Police
    replied
    We are hoping that it will be within the next year

Leave a comment:

• txag03
    replied
    I will be interested in transferring to Austin once you institute a lateral entry program. :-) I'll be looking to get back to Texas in 3-5 years.

Leave a comment:

• Austin Police
    replied
    The cost of living is low too, great weather. How much more can you ask for !!!

Leave a comment:

• jpoe20
    replied
    I'm in the process of getting my degree and I have been looking into law enforcement somewhere in the south if i can get into a department down there. Some place in Texas is my first choice. What a state.

Leave a comment:

• Austin Police
    replied
    Right now even if you pass TCLEOSE you would still need to go through the full academy but you would only have to worry about one test at the end instead of two!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Austin Police
    replied
    hey its always good to work on strength

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2868 users online. 195 members and 2673 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X